The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kelvin_pangg
I might be doing a BTEC Level 3 Diploma (90 Credit) / Extended Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, will this have all the topics covered like the maths stuff?

Possibly significant maths units are maths unit, further maths, and mechanics you have to check when doing the course what units you're going
Original post by Michael_98
Possibly significant maths units are maths unit, further maths, and mechanics you have to check when doing the course what units you're going

so really I shouldn't worry, it'll cover the stuff I'll need for the engineering degree?

this is the course I am going to do

http://www.thecollege.co.uk/courses/btec-level-3-diploma-90-credit-extended-diploma-mechanical-engineering

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by kelvin_pangg
so really I shouldn't worry, it'll cover the stuff I'll need for the engineering degree?

this is the course I am going to do

http://www.thecollege.co.uk/courses/btec-level-3-diploma-90-credit-extended-diploma-mechanical-engineering

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes but my concern is that a 90 credit diploma is an Alevel and a half most unis need a diploma which 2 Alevel grades minimum. Although your college does say you progress to the extended diploma which is 3 grades so it's not really an issue.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes but my concern is that a 90 credit diploma is an Alevel and a half most unis need a diploma which 2 Alevel grades minimum. Although your college does say you progress to the extended diploma which is 3 grades so it's not really an issue.

Posted from TSR Mobile

u gave me a scare there, so it'll be worth 3.5 alevels in the end right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No just 3
Im starting Level 3 Extended Diploma in Engineering but i did maths in year 10 and i forgot like everything in maths does anyone think i should go over gcse maths before september?
Yes but not intensively focus most of the 1st maths unit is basic GCSE C-B grade but jumps to AS maths your teacher will go over it with you
Yes but not intensively focus most of the 1st maths unit is basic GCSE C-B grade but jumps to AS maths your teacher will go over it with you

Oh alright thanks for replying appreciate it!:smile:
Original post by revisionsubjects
Im starting Level 3 Extended Diploma in Engineering but i did maths in year 10 and i forgot like everything in maths does anyone think i should go over gcse maths before september?

I'm starting level 3 extended diploma mechanical engineering :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
first year i got D*D* but failed English can't go uni with that soi am hopefull pass this year
Original post by RKID 018
1) no
2) The research ones are yes. Depends how much you procrastinate
3) no
4) get work done as soon as possible. Do not copy and paste.
5) work experience/ voluntary/ paid jobs

As a general rule, yes, NEVER copy and paste (or at least make sure you re-word EVERYTHING).

Although there was one guy on my course who pretty much did nothing but copy + paste huge paragraphs from Wikipedia/engineering sites for pretty much any assignment he could. Even though it was clearly copied and pasted, he somehow managed to get D*D*D* and got his full qualification at the end of it. :s-smilie:

I'm shocked that he got away with it.
Original post by Brown Bear
As a general rule, yes, NEVER copy and paste (or at least make sure you re-word EVERYTHING).

Although there was one guy on my course who pretty much did nothing but copy + paste huge paragraphs from Wikipedia/engineering sites for pretty much any assignment he could. Even though it was clearly copied and pasted, he somehow managed to get D*D*D* and got his full qualification at the end of it. :s-smilie:

I'm shocked that he got away with it.

Same. The guy who did that on my course is now at Jaguar Land Rover on a higher apprenticeship. However strict your lecturers are determines how much/ what you can get away with.
Original post by RKID 018
Same. The guy who did that on my course is now at Jaguar Land Rover on a higher apprenticeship. However strict your lecturers are determines how much/ what you can get away with.

Definitely. I had a few 'strict' lectures but they all seemed to gravitate towards him. He'd have a good banter with them and they sometimes they'd even acknowledge slightly that they knew he was just copying and pasting.

I think it might have been a case that they didn't want him to fail. He wasn't the only guy to 'copy and paste' in my class however he was the biggest abuser. Funny thing is that he also went into a higher apprenticeship at Voda Phone. I guess these people wouldn't have been able to handle university life considering they pretty much cheated to get their qualification.
Reply 93
Hello there i just wanted to enquire dat I am doing a btec level three extended diploma in electronics and electrical. If I was to apply to uni would I get a place for mechanical engineering provided I got DDD
Original post by armed
Hello there i just wanted to enquire dat I am doing a btec level three extended diploma in electronics and electrical. If I was to apply to uni would I get a place for mechanical engineering provided I got DDD

Generally you will need alevel maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 95
Original post by armed

Yes because not every unit is electronics based, providing yoy have done the 2 BTEC maths units you should be fine
Doing BTEC Level 3 Electrical/ Electronic Engineering Can Someone Tell Me The Following

1. How much indpenedent study do ineed to do and is independent study even needed

2. is course hard/easy
Doing BTEC Level 3 Electrical/ Electronic Engineering Can Someone Tell Me The Following

1. How much indpenedent study do ineed to do and is independent study even needed

2. is course hard/easy
Original post by Dillonguyisme

2. is course hard/easy

1) None. However you will need to research information for certain assignments but that can all be done in class (using the internet).

2) I found it particularly easy. As long as you consistently keep up to date with assignments and don't fall behind you should have no problems.
Safe, just started the course at my college. I'm takin it with A-level Maths
Hows u lot getting on with the drawing?

Latest

Trending

Trending