The Student Room Group

Arkwright Scholarships 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HenryTO
When would we find out who our sponsors are?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Apparently not until the 31st August to give them time to find sponsors for the recommended people.
Hi everyone.

My son has been informed that he is a 'recommended candidate' for an Arkwright Scholarship. I just wondered what chances there are of receiving a scholarship given that they continue to recruit new sponsors throughout August. Does anyone know of any 'recommended candidates' who have subsequently received a scholarship?

Many thanks.
Original post by Trog123
Hi everyone.

My son has been informed that he is a 'recommended candidate' for an Arkwright Scholarship. I just wondered what chances there are of receiving a scholarship given that they continue to recruit new sponsors throughout August. Does anyone know of any 'recommended candidates' who have subsequently received a scholarship?

Many thanks.

I know of a few, but they all managed to get family friends etc. to be sponsors and got it that way. Sorry to not be more encouraging - its a great achievement to get this far.
Original post by a_quiet_person
I know of a few, but they all managed to get family friends etc. to be sponsors and got it that way. Sorry to not be more encouraging - its a great achievement to get this far.

Hey I got recommended candidate as well but even if we don't get sponsors they do send us certificates and we are also able to put this achievement down on our CVs and UCAS forms so although I'm a bit disappointed it's still all okay I think
Well done both of you and thank you for your replies - (not sure how to tag the relevant messages). It certainly is a great achievement with or without the scholarship.
Reply 205
Original post by Trog123
Hi everyone.

Many thanks.

I was a recommended candidate and I got an email today telling me I had gained a scholarship as they had found me a sponsor, I hope this helps
Thank you Rose_pi. That's great and well done!

My daughter is also a recommended candidate and still hopeful to get a sponsor….there is one person who might consider it ( but not that close a friend) and I was wondering if anyone knows what is required of the sponsors?Is it a financial commitment or more of a mentoring /supportive role ?Also it says in the email not to approach the person directly ,but would it be a courtesy to tell the person you are giving their contact details to Arkwright?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ainedee1
My daughter is also a recommended candidate and still hopeful to get a sponsor….there is one person who might consider it ( but not that close a friend) and I was wondering if anyone knows what is required of the sponsors?Is it a financial commitment or more of a mentoring /supportive role ?Also it says in the email not to approach the person directly ,but would it be a courtesy to tell the person you are giving their contact details to Arkwright?

I only have experience of being a scholar so unfortunately can't be of much help. I think there is some additional information on the website under the 'sponsors' tab and it's always worth emailing the office with any questions like these as they are always v. prompt and helpful.
I only have experience of being a scholar so unfortunately can't be of much help. I think there is some additional information on the website under the 'sponsors' tab and it's always worth emailing the office with any questions like these as they are always v. prompt and helpful.

Hey ,thanks ,I have looked at the website and its seems that a financial commitment is required .Will probably just wait and see now ,so fingers crossed something comes up!
Original post by Eskimomo
I did :smile:

So did I :smile: so surprised!
Have you guys got your sponsor information letters yet? The ones that are supposed to come by post at the end of August? (I haven't yet)
Original post by Polaristellar
Have you guys got your sponsor information letters yet? The ones that are supposed to come by post at the end of August? (I haven't yet)

Hey, I haven't either and neither have the people I know who got sponsors. They must be sending them out at the end of August :smile:
Reply 213

I haven't yet, I guess we'll get the info in the next few days (hopefully :/ )

Original post by Wozza16
Hey, I haven't either and neither have the people I know who got sponsors. They must be sending them out at the end of August :smile:

Original post by ruudiwolf
I haven't yet, I guess we'll get the info in the next few days (hopefully :/ )

I haven't either yet, although I know mine is more complicated as I'm going to be having two different companies as sponsors, though I only know one of them so far...hopefully it'll come tomorrow :biggrin: :biggrin:
I'm guessing everyone found out who their sponsors are from a letter in the post? Who did everyone get?

Mine is Control and Data Services in Birmingham :smile: apparently they have several Arkwright sponsors, does anyone else have them?
Original post by *SweaterWeather*
I haven't either yet, although I know mine is more complicated as I'm going to be having two different companies as sponsors, though I only know one of them so far...hopefully it'll come tomorrow :biggrin: :biggrin:

How come you have 2 different companies as sponsors?
Original post by munchkin1212
How come you have 2 different companies as sponsors?

Uhhh its quite complicated :colondollar: basically I did some work for this summer for an engineering company, who said they want to sponsor me and didn't want another place 'having' me xD but when they called Arkwright to ask, my sponsor had already been assigned, so the company called my sponsor and they agreed it together with Arkwright :colone:
Original post by munchkin1212
I'm guessing everyone found out who their sponsors are from a letter in the post? Who did everyone get?

Mine is Control and Data Services in Birmingham :smile: apparently they have several Arkwright sponsors, does anyone else have them?

Cool, I'm guessing you're into information or electronic engineering or something like that?

Uhhh its quite complicated :colondollar: basically I did some work for this summer for an engineering company, who said they want to sponsor me and didn't want another place 'having' me xD but when they called Arkwright to ask, my sponsor had already been assigned, so the company called my sponsor and they agreed it together with Arkwright :colone:

Well, that sounds great! Double the support!

Wow that's really impressive haha!

Quick Reply

Latest