The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Extended Science 2015

Scroll to see replies

i have received a place for extended science, just wanted to ask how hard or easy the course is compared to A-levels and also how hard it is to get 75% overall in the course.
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Hey TSR, I'm starting this course this year (so in a month basically) and I'm a bit lost with what the course actually entails. Firstly I was wondering just how in depth the introduction to the sciences is, as in is it at a-level standard or gcse or somewhere in between? Also the university website mentions having to do an independent project in the second semester and I'm not really sure what that means either. Lastly I was hoping someone could give me information on how you get onto the MPharm course after doing this year since I would really love to do that next year.

Any input would be great :smile:
Original post by Hashim Aziz
i have received a place for extended science, just wanted to ask how hard or easy the course is compared to A-levels and also how hard it is to get 75% overall in the course.

Why 75%?
Because I want to transfer to optometry after a year and to do this I need 75% overall
So how many of you are definitely doing Extended Science in September?
Reply 25
Huddersfield it is then! looking to do the foundation year to progress towards medical biochemistry hopefully.
What accommodations are ideal for starting students?
What's in student village?
Original post by Lauraaa95
So how many of you are definitely doing Extended Science in September?

I am!
I didn't think extended science allowed you to progress onto a undergraduate degree that's taught at the peninsula medical school?
Reply 28
Who else going plymouth? :u:
Original post by rkhan34

Absolutely noone
Reply 30
Original post by undead345
Absolutely noone

-_- may you please shut up weird human being
Original post by rkhan34
-_- may you please shut up weird human being

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Reply 32
Hello. I've only just changed courses and am now doing the extended science degree too :smile: Is there a facebook group? Also, could anyone tell me what the timetable is like? As I've only just got my place I haven't received any info yet. It will be good to meet you all :smile: x
Reply 33
Original post by rkhan34

Me :smile: xx
Reply 34
Does anyone know what level the first year of studying is? I'm just looking at what books I need to get 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending