The Student Room Group

Any Dutch People Here?

Like the title says any dutch people here?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm from Amsterdam but I'm Asian by origin @Black Cat
Original post by arfah
I'm from Amsterdam but I'm Asian by origin @Black Cat

Fellow dutch brother checking in.

@Lyrical Prodigy
@thatitootoo
@alexschmalex
Original post by Black Cat
Fellow dutch brother checking in.

@Lyrical Prodigy
@thatitootoo
@alexschmalex

Grote broer! 😛

You asked me if I went to prom...

Well, NO, I had a date with a proper education...
Instead of a tuxedo, I dressed myself in good habits...
Instead of spiked punch, I enjoyed the intoxicating flavour of knowledge...
Instead of dancing in a gym, I shook my booty to the seductive rhythms of AP Calculus...
:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:
BAZINGA❗️😛
I am! My Dutch has deteriorated severely since moving to the UK though :erm:
Original post by thatitootoo
Grote broer! 😛

You asked me if I went to prom...

Well, NO, I had a date with a proper education...
Instead of a tuxedo, I dressed myself in good habits...
Instead of spiked punch, I enjoyed the intoxicating flavour of knowledge...
Instead of dancing in a gym, I shook my booty to the seductive rhythms of AP Calculus...
:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:
BAZINGA❗️😛

Hey lang niet gesproken! had je nou goeie resultaten gehaald dan in je A-levels?
Okay Shakespeare :colonhash:

Original post by Spotted Monkey
I am! My Dutch has deteriorated severely since moving to the UK though :erm:

Same been 8 years now since I moved.
Reply 6
I'd give myself an injury if I attempted to type Dutch, I can just about hold a conversation though! [[15 years is too long]]

How old were you when you moved? I was 6 so you can imagine how awful I am now. My younger cousin laughs at me whenever I go and visit.:frown:
Hey lang niet gesproken! had je nou goeie resultaten gehaald dan in je A-levels?
Okay Shakespeare :colonhash:

Mijn A-levels waren gewoon een zakje poep, Kattekopje! 😛 Hoe gaat het met jou en je studie? :biggrin:
Haha dat was maar een Sheldon quote hoor - vergat m'n signature uit te scakelen 😝

Goh waar is de tijd gebleven hè! :redface:
How old were you when you moved? I was 6 so you can imagine how awful I am now. My younger cousin laughs at me whenever I go and visit.:frown:

Doesn't sound surprising to me you were really young when you moved away. I was 13 when I moved my Dutch was alright back then but it has been deteriorating ever since still got the accent apparently though which is good. I can imagine is your dutch really that bad now?

Mijn A-levels waren gewoon een zakje poep, Kattekopje! 😛 Hoe gaat het met jou en je studie? :biggrin:
Haha dat was maar een Sheldon quote hoor - vergat m'n signature uit te scakelen 😝

Goh waar is de tijd gebleven hè! :redface:

Serieus? Waren de resultaten niet wat je verwacht had dan. Het ging wel goed met mij dit jaar ben nu klaar met me tweede jaar nu nog laaste jaar doen en dan baan zoeken :tongue: Ik ben van plan om weer naar nederland te komen na men studies om een masters te doen. Ook een big bang fan he? :h:

Echt he tijd vliegt zo snel man toen we voor de laats spraken was wel paar maanden terug
Reply 10
Original post by arfah
x

x

x

x

Original post by Ruthless Dutchman
x

Cool. I have something to ask you all.
really this is to native dutch and not ethnic minorities of the netherlands.

basically i recently visited the netherlands with my gf
we've visited before. but I wouldn't say that i can get a true grasp of what the culture is like in any way outside that of a holiday. certainly the native dutch people i met all seemed incredibly well mannered and nice. sadly the africans and asians i met were pretty much as pervy as they tend to be no matter where you go in the world. hence me asking more native dutch people. but as a dutch ethnic minority you may also know enough about the locals to know how they are, so i'm open to hear everything.

but I was curious what dutch peoples attitudes were towards trying to sleep with other peoples partners.

now i'm not naive i know that in every culture there are guys who will try and sleep with your girlfriend knowing she's taken.
but its frequency does very a lot from culture to culture. for example every friend i know whos gone to jamaica has commented about how the men will frequently shout from the opposite side of the street and make crude sexual suggestive comments as they walk by and such not matter of they are with their parents or whoever. whereas i've found that female friends of mine who have been studying in japan have found it quite difficult to meet a nice japanese guy because they scarcely approach them.

in the uk guys won't exactly shout things from across the street (although it has happened) but a good 75% or more will try and sleep with your gf as soon as your back is turned.

dutch culture seems quite significantly different to british culture. the people seem a lot more friendly and morally grounded.
however I'm also aware of how liberal they are with drugs/prostitution and was curious if that had any effect on their attitudes towards relationships and cheating?
Uhhhh wat rookt deze vent? 😂😂
Doesn't sound surprising to me you were really young when you moved away. I was 13 when I moved my Dutch was alright back then but it has been deteriorating ever since still got the accent apparently though which is good. I can imagine is your dutch really that bad now?

Ah I'm jealous I can't pass for Dutch anymore. It's good enough that I'm understood and I can have a conversation but I know almost nothing about grammar. I'm relearning though so maybe I'll be back to fluent one day.
Reply 13
Wat? 😐 Ik Ben green pervert
Reply 14
Original post by arfah
Wat? 😐 Ik Ben green pervert

lol i didn't say that.
Nederlands! Woon al 13 jaar in UK en ga weer studeren....
But..why do you ask?? Have you got your eye on someone dutch and married? Dutch are openminded in speech about affairs (younger generration) but i dont think that many people truly act on it! But i dont know...i married a Brit and am still very happy so...
Reply 17
Original post by Mick.w
lol i didn't say that.

You said 'Asians and Africans were pretty much as pervy as they tend to be' :zomg: I'm Asian. Anyway to answer your question, just because prostituion is legal, doesn't necessarily mean the people cheat more on each other. In fact Dutch people are very respectful and decent people. As you might have heard Dutch men and women are among some of the most welcoming and nicest people out there. I don't have any statistics but I'd say Dutch people are inclined to cheat/ have other partners as much as any race. The country's laws has nothing to do with it. Netherlands is only a liberal country because the people make it work. :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by Oldmedictobe
But..why do you ask?? Have you got your eye on someone dutch and married? Dutch are openminded in speech about affairs (younger generration) but i dont think that many people truly act on it! But i dont know...i married a Brit and am still very happy so...

na just curious about the culture really. i know they have a lot of similarities with the uk but also some striking differences to. i was curious if the shared commonality or contrasted with british culture in that area
Reply 19
Original post by arfah
You said 'Asians and Africans were pretty much as pervy as they tend to be' :zomg: I'm Asian. Anyway to answer your question, just because prostituion is legal, doesn't necessarily mean the people cheat more on each other. In fact Dutch people are very respectful and decent people. As you might have heard Dutch men and women are among some of the most welcoming and nicest people out there. I don't have any statistics but I'd say Dutch people are inclined to cheat/ have other partners as much as any race. The country's laws has nothing to do with it. Netherlands is only a liberal country because the people make it work. :smile:

but i was talking about the men and was also generally speaking. I think any girl with facebook can testify to the main guys who inbox them who they don't know are asian or african.

Quick Reply

Latest