The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Anyone who will be starting leicester aged 19/20/21?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'll be 20 when I start but technically I turn 21 this year. What are you guys studying? :smile:
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
I'll be 19 going on 20 in January if I get the grades to go of course
I'm 21, will be studying accounting and finance and living in The Coppice :smile:
im living in Gilbert Murray Stamford Bowder Court Block II Flr 01
I'm 20, starting first year this year, studying Law and Criminology and staying in Beaumont. I'm sure there'll be lots of older students :smile:
Reply 25
I'm 20 and I'll be staying in Beaumont too! :smile: I'm a study abroad student from the United States.
Original post by mgomez29
I'm 20 and I'll be staying in Beaumont too! :smile: I'm a study abroad student from the United States.

Which block/floor are you? :smile:
Reply 27
Block 8, first floor, corridor 34 :smile:
I'm 20, I'll be staying in Nixon court
Reply 29
No way!!!! Room 56!! :biggrin: excited to meet you
No way!!!! Room 56!! :biggrin: excited to meet you

I'm sooo excited to meet everyone and start my course! Have you bought a freshers wrist band? :biggrin:
Reply 31
Same here! I haven't yet! I just found out about the wristband today so I probably will soon. Have you?
Same here! I haven't yet! I just found out about the wristband today so I probably will soon. Have you?

Yeah I have. It's ÂŁ58 in total, but gets you into all events over the 2 weeks so saves a lot of money! You get a few other freebies with it as well. Are you still in the US at the moment?
Reply 33
Oh! Perfect, freebies are always good. Yes, I fly out in two weeks.
Oh! Perfect, freebies are always good. Yes, I fly out in two weeks.

Wristbands sell out pretty quickly so if I were you I'd email the uni and ask them the best way to pay for them if you wanted to order one :smile: are you excited to come to England?!
Reply 35
I was actually able to purchase it online, just have to pick it up the day of, I believe. & yes! I'm very excited! Not sure what to expect to be honest! Are you from around Leicester? Do you know if they usually get snow in that area during winter?
I was actually able to purchase it online, just have to pick it up the day of, I believe. & yes! I'm very excited! Not sure what to expect to be honest! Are you from around Leicester? Do you know if they usually get snow in that area during winter?

Oh yay that's good then! I live in Warwickshire which is one of the counties next to Leicestershire, so yeah fairly close :smile: yes there is snow most years. We normally have a couple of days of proper snow and then just loads of ice and slush :P
Reply 37
19 turning 20 :smile:
Reply 38
Original post by finlayrose28
Oh yay that's good then! I live in Warwickshire which is one of the counties next to Leicestershire, so yeah fairly close :smile: yes there is snow most years. We normally have a couple of days of proper snow and then just loads of ice and slush :P

Awesome!!! Definitely looking forward to that then! Hopefully we get some snow this winter! So glad I met someone on my floor! Looking forward to meeting you.
Awesome!!! Definitely looking forward to that then! Hopefully we get some snow this winter! So glad I met someone on my floor! Looking forward to meeting you.

Hopefully! If it does snow it will probably be late December to January so may not be until 2nd term! I'm so excited to start now!! Hehe :biggrin: xx

Quick Reply