The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Wait until January when Welbeck comes back from injury and Wenger claims it's like a new signing :awesome:
Didn't the same thing happen to Ozil last year? Early predictions was that he would be out a few weeks and then it got pushed back like 4 months.
I'd love Diaby's job.
Original post by midnightice
So the club knew Welbeck needed surgery well before deadline day, yet still didn't buy a striker?

This ****ing club.

Like there's a difference between injured Welbeck and available Welbeck.

I applaud not making Welbeck a salient factor with transfer policy.
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/arsenal-protest-fans-organise-protest-outside-the-emirates-stadium-because-of-lack-of-transfer-activitynoone-turns-up-10482397.html

Journalist using tossers tweets as source for articles. Just like united still using windows 95.

Original post by Fizzel
But wasn't your CL squad only submitted a day ago? What was the motivation to hide this fact for 24 hrs? I can understand why they kept it quiet since last week, when the window was still open and you were looking for a striker, but not why he's been included in the CL squad pushing someone like Bellerin to the B list.

Says it all about the state of the club and fans that people think/ want to push their agenda that there's an ulterior motive to something of glorious insignificance.

Anyways if they were been sneaky, why not announce next week.
Saw this on a Chelsea forum :biggrin:

The transfer window described as a night on the pull:

Arsenal - danced with a pretty lady early on but then stood in the corner most of the night too scared to talk to anyone else. Spends the cab journey home telling you the place was full of mingers anyway.

Man City - unashamedly plying any potentials with the finest plonk whilst telling them all how much they make a year and how sw**ky his house is. Gets results, everyone thinks he's a sleaze, couldn't care less.

Man United - also went full turbo with his wallet and seemed to be having the best night out of all of them. Got a little carried away (probably drank too much) and ended up getting laughed off the dance floor by all the pretty girls, couldn't even buy them a drink. Totally panicked and promised to pay a girls entire student loan if she went home with him.

Chelsea - completely c*ckblocked his mate and landed a Spanish beauty in the process. Not content, went about demanding this girl dance with him and kept getting knocked back. Got a bit grabby and her dad had to step in. Last seen stumbling out the club with two random girls and sick on his shirt.

Spurs - had a bit of success but wasn't really feeling it to be honest. Seems to have just about gotten over his last relationship and not really ready to give his heart away just yet. Managed to snag a cute Asian girl's number, feeling optimistic.

Liverpool - still hasn't gotten over his ex - in fairness she was a stunner - and still very much on the rebound. Will take a swipe at anything in high heels, seemingly at random. Everyone's a bit worried about him and scared he'll cry if they bring it up.

Everton - not great in a club setting, more of a 'house parties' man. Makes a bit of effort but might as well have stayed at home. Think he's got a girlfriend anyway.

West Ham - simply could not miss. Even the cheesiest chat up lines were hitting the mark, no one quite sure how he managed it. Great timing too as he's moving house soon and needs a bit of arm candy to keep his parents from asking awkward questions.

Aston Villa - turns up wearing Yves Saint Lauren eau de toilette, a Pierre Cardin shirt, Louboutin loafers and clasping a French phrase book he ordered from the back of Zoo. Looks like a bit of an idiot but everyone begrudgingly admits he chereched les femmes good and proper.

Swansea - tight git sat there drinking soda and lime all night and somehow copped off with an 8/10 with minimal fuss.

Stoke - tired of having the p*ss taken for always going for burly girls so makes a point of focusing solely on petite Europeans. Punched well above his weight but the rest of the lads noticed they clearly had issues, might live to regret this.

Norwich - hasn't realised his mates worked our he isn't in to girls years ago, chatted to a couple to save face, no one buying.
(edited 8 years ago)
Terrible description of Swansea. They were not tight (they paid andre 6m signing on fee) and were very active. Media and everyone just choose to sleep on them.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
In all seriousness it's time to terminate Sanogo's loan.

We can't call him back from the loan. The earliest we can call him back is Jan I think.
So who do you actually have that can play up front now?

An inconsistent Giroud and an injury prone Walcott?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lúcio

Posted from TSR Mobile

Joel Campbell and our most important signing this season. Own Goal.
Original post by Lúcio

Posted from TSR Mobile

Giroud (still better than Benteke)
Walcott
Sanchez
Campbell

Very makeshift...
Original post by Pete_91
Giroud (still better than Benteke)
Walcott
Sanchez
Campbell

Very makeshift...

Firstly, Benteke > Giroud (I know you're bitter but don't be an idiot...)
Secondly, neither Walcott or Sanchez are natural strikers - they clearly aren't bad in the slightest but you really needed to buy a proper striker and for a club of your stature, frankly it's an embarrassment that you didn't.

#WengerOut
Original post by Lúcio
Firstly, Benteke > Giroud (I know you're bitter but don't be an idiot...)
Secondly, neither Walcott or Sanchez are natural strikers - they clearly aren't bad in the slightest but you really needed to buy a proper striker and for a club of your stature, frankly it's an embarrassment that you didn't.

#WengerOut

Benteke is nothing special and nor is Giroud, I rate him above Benteke for his all round play.

...do you understand what makeshift means?
Anyone seen that Ozil's FIFA 16 rating for passing has gone down by 1?
Original post by Pete_91
Benteke is nothing special and nor is Giroud, I rate him above Benteke for his all round play.

...do you understand what makeshift means?

Benteke has 43 goals in 93 appearances in the PL.
Giroud has 42 goals in 101 appearances in the PL.

I agree that those are similar, however when you consider that 89 of Benteke's apps were for an Aston Villa side frequently battling relegation, whereas all of Giroud's apps were for a consistently top 4 finishing Arsenal, the former is the clear superior :smile:

Maybe you should ask your own manager - you've needed a striker for years...
Original post by arch0wnz

Outrageous tbh
Original post by arch0wnz

Original post by difeo
Outrageous tbh

His OVR has gone up to 87 though - the same as Aguero.
I don't think I'd be complaining if I were you....
Original post by Lúcio
His OVR has gone up to 87 though - the same as Aguero.
I don't think I'd be complaining if I were you....

Am i complaining though? I just pointed it out.
Imagine taking FIFA ratings so seriously that you mention them in a football forum discussing irl football
Original post by The Shed End
Imagine taking FIFA ratings so seriously that you mention them in a football forum discussing irl football

Sheddy pls.
It's clear FIFA themselves don't take them seriously if Özil is 87 :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest