The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Only thing worth mentioning is performance in FM saves.
International friendlies are so dull ffs
Original post by Stefano93
International friendlies are so dull ffs

Even the tournaments are! Nothing beats club football.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by e aí rapaz
At first I was nodding cos I though the last word said "contract".

:rofl: damn you're starting to kill me lately.
Giroud is slightly better than Benteke for me. Probably about even in terms of finishing but Giroud's all-round play is better.

If Arsene had wanted Benteke (which he would have if Benteke is so much better), he would've obviously come to us over Liverpool without a doubt.
Giroud is slightly better than Benteke for me. Probably about even in terms of finishing but Giroud's all-round play is better.

If Arsene had wanted Benteke (which he would have if Benteke is so much better), he would've obviously come to us over Liverpool without a doubt.

You say that but (as mentioned in my previous post) Benteke has a better goalscoring record, in addition to actually creating more goalscoring opportunities last season than Giroud.
When you factor in that Giroud plays for a vastly superior side to Villa who score more goals and create more chances, i think my point speaks for itself.

Benteke would've obviously chosen Arsenal over Liverpool, but as usual Wenger didn't buy a striker when you've obviously been in need of one for a very long time.
Original post by Lúcio
Benteke has 43 goals in 93 appearances in the PL.
Giroud has 42 goals in 101 appearances in the PL.

I agree that those are similar, however when you consider that 89 of Benteke's apps were for an Aston Villa side frequently battling relegation, whereas all of Giroud's apps were for a consistently top 4 finishing Arsenal, the former is the clear superior :smile:

Maybe you should ask your own manager - you've needed a striker for years...

Put Benteke in a consistently top 4 team and I'm fairly sure his goals tally won't improve, he is a battering ram and Villa, particularly under Sherwood played to that. He wouldn't suit a top 4 team.
Why in the hell would Wenger buy Benteke?
Original post by Toussaint
Put Benteke in a consistently top 4 team and I'm fairly sure his goals tally won't improve, he is a battering ram and Villa, particularly under Sherwood played to that. He wouldn't suit a top 4 team.

Perhaps not but you can't say that for sure.
What we do know for a fact is that a consistently bottom half team striker has a better ratio than a consistently top 4 team striker.

Maybe his goals wouldn't increase, maybe they would. You can of course voice your opinion but the stats are clear to put Benteke ahead of Giroud as far as I can see.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If anything Arsenal are the one team who needs the opposite of Giroud(aka not Benteke)

They could do with Sturridge or Lukaku
And this is why stats are pointless in a discussion about a footballer's ability.

Why watch football when we've got FM, Fifa and Squawka though, right?
Lucio still sipping on the sauce I see. Still remember when he suggested Lambert was better than Giroud.
Yeah Luke's insecure
And this is why stats are pointless in a discussion about a footballer's ability.

Why watch football when we've got FM, Fifa and Squawka though, right?

Stats are probably overused these days, but you can hardly just dismiss the importance of goals per game for strikers
Original post by difeo
Stats are probably overused these days, but you can hardly just dismiss the importance of goals per game for strikers

Maybe. But when it's 43 goals in 93 appearances vs 42 goals in 101 appearances, I think we can.
Maybe. But when it's 43 goals in 93 appearances vs 42 goals in 101 appearances, I think we can.

One with Ozil and Cazorla behind him, one with Delph and Cleverley
Original post by difeo
One with Ozil and Cazorla behind him, one with Delph and Cleverley

Yeah, and one playing as the focal point for every cross and through ball, the other laying off the ball to - oh wait, seems we're not talking about the stats any more.
Yeah, and one playing as the focal point for every cross and through ball, the other laying off the ball to - oh wait, seems we're not talking about the stats any more.

Course we are, just putting them in context, don't get mad
If you can't recall Sanogo surely you can recall Akpom
(or sign a free agent)
Where could Arsenal improve tactically and from an individual sense looking at your games this season and your games last season with the squad you have available to you?
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest