The Student Room Group

Telling a girl that I love her...too much?

Rather keep anon as I know a few people here, who will put two and two together:

There's this girl I like, she's beautiful, great personality, just everything.

Any how, we've only been on one date so far, which went well, however she's moving far away soon.

I just feel under pressure to make sure she's aware of how I *really* feel before she moves away. I can't do the 'normal' thing of a steady build up of dates and things.

I just want her to know how I feel before it's too late?

Scroll to see replies

I've never been in that situation, but in honesty, I would advise you to take the plunge and just tell her. If you've been on a date with her, it obviously means that she likes you back, so I'm sure she won't embarrass you for sharing your true emotions.

I know it sounds cringey as I'm way too young to say "life's too short to x", but in honesty, just go for it man. What's the worst that can happen? And think about the potential reward for taking the risk :smile:

Best of luck
Original post by Anonymous
Rather keep anon as I know a few people here, who will put two and two together:

Any how, we've only been on one date so far, which went well, however she's moving far away soon.

I just feel under pressure to make sure she's aware of how I *really* feel before she moves away. I can't do the 'normal' thing of a steady build up of dates and things.

Think I know who you are.
Reply 3
I've never been in that situation, but in honesty, I would advise you to take the plunge and just tell her. If you've been on a date with her, it obviously means that she likes you back, so I'm sure she won't embarrass you for sharing your true emotions.

I know it sounds cringey as I'm way too young to say "life's too short to x", but in honesty, just go for it man. What's the worst that can happen? And think about the potential reward for taking the risk :smile:

Best of luck

Yeah that's what I've been thinking...but you always hear "don't say the L word too early" and all that. People always say not to say it early on.
Reply 4

Only you can be the judge of the situation but I'm thinking love comes many months and dates down the line personally!

It could throw her off completely
You've been on one date m8 :indiff:
Ted Mosby, is that you?!
You don't want to regret not telling her, if your feelings are really serious and quite strong, then you might end up spending quite a while regretting not telling her. But on the other hand, I think it might be a little early to tell her you love her, but that kinda depends on how long you've known her. If you've known her a long time and these feelings have been there for quite a while then go for it, come out and say it all, if you feel you can do it. If you haven't known her that long or these feelings are fairly recent you might want to not say you love her, as it might be a little too early for that and if you've only recently got to know her she might find it a bit weird that you suddenly love her after such a short time just as she's moving. But even then you should still tell her how you feel.

Basically, if you're absolutely sure you really love her then tell her that, if it's a fairly recent thing then it might be too early to say to her it's love (even if it is), but even so, still tell her you have those kinds of feelings anyway. Either way, tell her something I reckon. At least if nothing happens from it you won't be able to regret not trying and not telling her.

To be honest, why not just explain to her exactly what you were trying to explain in this post? Maybe you could just tell her what you told us in this thread, that might work.
Original post by RainbowKiwi
You've been on one date m8 :indiff:

Ikr m8 😂😂

OP just simply tell her. Will regret or else. :smile:
Original post by Handsome_Devil
Ted Mosby, is that you?!

:lol:
He should so propose to her on the second date :tongue:

Jokes aside
You should get to know the girl more before you can truly love her :smile:
i think you should tell her how you feel, the worst that could happen is she says she doesn't feel the same and you feel embarrassed about it at the time but then you would be able to move on with your life. if you don't say anything you will regret it and always wonder how it would have gone if you'd said something.
Original post by Conservationofmass
Think I know who you are.

Who is it?? :shh: tell me in super small font :colonhash:
Let her know. And then move on with your life. When you're young you have to focus on yourself ... Getting a good career and working hard. I know at this age you think you're in love blah blah blah, but trust me.... The most important thing within this stage of your life is yourself. Work on yourself, build yourself, better yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
People shouldn't try and guess who's saying this. They clearly wanna stay on anon for a reason. Respect that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by Handsome_Devil
Ted Mosby, is that you?!

I literally never watch HIMYM but it's on the TV a lot in our break room at work, so I caught that episode very recently. What a coincidence.
Original post by elliemayxo
Let her know. And then move on with your life. When you're young you have to focus on yourself ... Getting a good career and working hard. I know at this age you think you're in love blah blah blah, but trust me.... The most important thing within this stage of your life is yourself. Work on yourself, build yourself, better yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

get burnt before? what about fun and great experiences...travel etc thats harder to do when older
My advice would be to tell hilrho how you feel.
Original post by elliemayxo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why does the OP need to better himself? I think he is fine just the way he is.
If I was the girl I would want you to tell me.

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
I think this is what you call "doing a Mosby"...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending