The Student Room Group

Has anyone taken these A Levels.

Hi guys☺️ So I have just started sixth form and am taking Theology, Gov&Pol and Sociology, however, I might change one of subjects for French, but that isn't decided yet. Has anyone done the A Levels I am going to be studying?If so, how hard were they? How are the exams and is there any coursework that has to come with it at all? Thanks x

Scroll to see replies

Original post by maria_andron
Hi guys☺️ So I have just started sixth form and am taking Theology, Gov&Pol and Sociology, however, I might change one of subjects for French, but that isn't decided yet. Has anyone done the A Levels I am going to be studying?If so, how hard were they? How are the exams and is there any coursework that has to come with it at all? Thanks x

Yes sociology is really easy
I did government and politics in as. Loved it so much. Passed it. And am now doing it for a2. Do politics!! It's the best

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ftahir02
I did government and politics in as. Loved it so much. Passed it. And am now doing it for a2. Do politics!! It's the best

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am thinking of keeping it😊. What did you get for as if you don't mind me asking?☺️
Wow. My sixth form doesn't offer any of these subjects. I'd love to do Sociology and Politics .. :cry:
Yes I've done sociology at AS too
It's honestly so easy
Like if you do your homework essays, you'll do very well
As they literally repeat the same questions

Posted from TSR Mobile
I didn't know Theology was an A level?
Original post by maria_andron
I am thinking of keeping it😊. What did you get for as if you don't mind me asking?☺️

I don't mind.. :wink:
I got an A with full ums ☺️☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing French at A2 currently!

I do love French, but it is a difficult subject, and you probably won't start seeing great results in your grades right away (I was getting Ds in my mocks until I suddenly got the hang of it a couple months later and got As in every past paper I did). Like with any A Level subject, it requires a lot of practice and passion for the subject too. Trust me, any language A Level exams seem a lot more terrifying than they actually are; you'll come to find that they're very doable and you'd be taken aback at how much progress you've made in the language in only a year.

It is a very rewarding subject, and I would recommend that anyone should take a language at A Level (I did Spanish A Level too), but ONLY if you genuinely enjoy the subject. It makes it easier to get motivated to revise for it, therefore better grades (again, that applies with all A Level subjects).

Good luck with your A Levels! Start revising early on and I'm sure you'll do great regardless of the subjects you take :smile:
Original post by thefreakoffreaks
Yes sociology is really easy

Who told you sociology is easy as its not, its quiet a hard subject. Lots of theories and names to remember. A lot of people take it because they think its easy, but oh god they get a real shock with the amount of work they have to do.
Original post by the IT MAN
Who told you sociology is easy as its not, its quiet a hard subject. Lots of theories and names to remember. A lot of people take it because they think its easy, but oh god they get a real shock with the amount of work they have to do.

I did sociology, and it is easy aha
Compared to other a levels
It's the easiest a level you can do

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm was talking about AS sociology btw
Original post by thefreakoffreaks
I'm was talking about AS sociology btw

Even as sociology is not easy, to be honest no AS or A level is easy.
Even as sociology is not easy, to be honest no AS or A level is easy.

It is easy, just compare it to chemistry or biology and you'll realise what I'm talking about
It's very easy actually

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really, I think you find its not a lot of people think it is but fail the exam. Mobile
Original post by spiritless98
It is easy, just compare it to chemistry or biology and you'll realise what I'm talking about
It's very easy actually

IF YOU THINK SO, its not easy at all
Really, I think you find its not a lot of people think it is but fail the exam. Mobile

I thought this and it was easy and I didn't just pass the exam I got full UMS
That proves how easy it is

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="MAN;59116707" the="the" IT="IT"]
Original post by spiritless98
It's very easy actually

IF YOU THINK SO, its not easy at all

Stop convincing yourself it's hard. It's not!
It's very easy
If you can't cope with sociology you shouldn't be doing a levels in the first place

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="spiritless98;59116741"]

Stop convincing yourself it's hard. It's not!
It's very easy
If you can't cope with sociology you shouldn't be doing a levels in the first place

IT IS, and I have finished my A levels thank you.
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
I do both sociology and government and politics (got an A in both at AS and I'm continuing it into A2)
Everyone says sociology is easy and to an extent it is in terms of content but it's the memorising it for the exam where it becomes difficult! Because there's so many names and theories to remember. If you do sociology, my tip is make revision cards for every sociologist you learn about :smile:
With G+P, I didn't really enjoy it at all throughout the year but ended up getting the best UMS in that out of all my subjects, I think it was the fact that I didn't really care about politics which made me apathetic towards the subject but if you're interested I'm sure you'll do great in it! :smile:
Ps sorry for rambling on

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest