The Student Room Group

Where do you buy your A Level books?

Hii, I started Sixth Form today and my Maths teacher told me to purchase a bunch of books for the upcoming year.

I tried websites such as Amazon and eBay but they said the earliest I can expect the books is October.

Is there anywhere I could purchase the books in person because I haven't seen stores like it.

Thank you.
If you could list the books then people might be able to help a little easier. To be honest I usually buy from amazon too :/ If they are from an exam board then you might be able to buy from an exam board's site?
If you want textbooks https://www.scribd.com/ has them all for free online (at least for Edexcel)
Original post by Sarahxo1998
Hii, I started Sixth Form today and my Maths teacher told me to purchase a bunch of books for the upcoming year.

I tried websites such as Amazon and eBay but they said the earliest I can expect the books is October.

Is there anywhere I could purchase the books in person because I haven't seen stores like it.

Thank you.

Do you not get given them for free? That's odd :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by Hayley Williams
Do you not get given them for free? That's odd :frown:

No my college isn't really like that haha.
Reply 5
Original post by Cascadess
If you could list the books then people might be able to help a little easier. To be honest I usually buy from amazon too :/ If they are from an exam board then you might be able to buy from an exam board's site?

Edexcel C1 - Keith Pledger (Pearson)
Edexcel C2 - Keith Pledger (Pearson)
Edexcel S1 - Alan Clegg (Pearson)
Original post by Sarahxo1998
Edexcel C1 - Keith Pledger (Pearson)
Edexcel C2 - Keith Pledger (Pearson)
Edexcel S1 - Alan Clegg (Pearson)

waterstones have them:
https://www.waterstones.com/product/edexcel-as-and-a-level-modular-mathematics-core-mathematics-1-c1/keith-pledger/dave-wilkins/9780435519100

I would say quickest way is to check on the website which shop has them in stock and actually go to the shop.
hope this helps.
I bought all of mine off of amazon and they are usually here within a couple of days, even using free delivery. I wouldn't have thought it'd take until October - they usually deliver earlier than they say so that they're never late.
Original post by Sarahxo19998
This isn't hyperbole.
I love you.

Ahahaha, well I love you for loving maths! <3

Good luck in the coming year :biggrin:
sorry for the ads guys but just in case someone is interestedAS and A2 books for saleAll very new and in excellent condition, more than one copy available for all booksLocated in south west londonhttps://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/edexcel-c1-core-1-a-level-mathematics-textbook-as-a2-books-biology-chemistry-mei-ocr-aqa/1132724841
Books that you have to purchase for A-Levels are so damn expensive!
Original post by aamnarafaqat

Precisely, luckily my school loan us the books so we dont have to pay for them. They even give the calculators for maths
You can find some books for free online at b-ok.cc
Original post by aamnarafaqat

not overly, uni books can cost much more. (though in this country people rarely buy textbooks for uni, I think it's more of a US thing) bit unusual for your school not to provide the books for you.
Original post by _gcx
not overly, uni books can cost much more. (though in this country people rarely buy textbooks for uni, I think it's more of a US thing) bit unusual for your school not to provide the books for you.

Totally agree with you, the school should be paying for the books we require, after all, they do claim it to be a "free education", don't see free anywhere, in having to purchase your own books, bit of a rip-off aswell to be completely honest with you.

Quick Reply

Latest