The Student Room Group

Grow your Grades: results and competition

Hey everyone! :woo:

So, it's nearly A-level results day! :eek3: How time has flown.

It's been a crazy exam period and past few months :biggrin: Your blogs have all been great and I hope everyone really enjoyed taking part in Grow your Grades.

:banana: As we are now approaching the end of the competition I thought I would take the time to let everyone know what happens next!

Firstly- prizes! :banana2:
As you know we have three categories - there will be one winner and one runner up in each category:

- Biggest change in grades
- Best kept blog
- Biggest hurdle overcome

We thought really hard about prizes and we decided that we wanted to give people the opportunity to do something fun and memorable after all that hard work studying! :h:

Therefore the first prize will be:

:yay:Ultimate Choice of Unique Things to Do:yay:

This lets you pick one of 30 activities or experiences (from Bungee jumping to Spa days) for you and a friend
+Paperchase vouchers (see below)

Runners up prize will be:

Paperchase vouchers so you can buy some lovely stationery (or something else, seeing as Paperchase isn't only stationery) for next academic year or life in general.
:h:

:banana2:

How to verify your grades:

Exactly like you did at the start of the competition, once you've got your results email me a photograph or screenshot or forward me the email (depending on how you receive them) including your name, and I'll be able to verify your results!

Don't forget to update your blog, too. :smile:

:woo:

Good luck for next week A-level students - really looking forwards to seeing you all do well. Fingers crossed! :crossedf:

Quotes

(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Good luck everyone! :biggrin: Hope results go well :smile:
Could you message me or even everyone with the email, as my original email is so cluttered it will be difficult to find considering i did a clean sweep...

@Puddles the Monkey
I e-mailed on results day. Anybody know when this is being announced?
Original post by Nandosfood
I e-mailed on results day. Anybody know when this is being announced?

We will get back to your early next week about everything :h: Sorry for the delay :smile:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
We will get back to your early next week about everything :h:Sorry for the delay :smile:

Oo okay. No worries. I'm excited! :h:
I only just saw this to verify my grades, am I to late?
Original post by VittoriaAnna
I only just saw this to verify my grades, am I to late?

You're not too late, we're still in the process of going through the blogs and discussing contenders for the prizes. :smile:
Original post by usycool1
You're not too late, we're still in the process of going through the blogs and discussing contenders for the prizes. :smile:

That's great, thank you! Do I email the same address as when I set up my blog?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Is the competition still continuing for this year?
Hello Everyone, :hi:

Firstly, a huge ‘Thank you’ to everyone who entered the Grow Your Grades competition, :h: there were some fantastic entries and it’s been great to see how everyone has dealt with the individual pressures of their different subjects.:woo:

We’ve been over all entries and it was really difficult to decide winners as there were so many excellent blogs!

We judged the competition on 3 separate categories and in each category there’s a winner and a runner up.
:woo::yay::woo::yay::woo:

Best Kept Blog
Winner: @Asurat A brilliant blog which was regularly updated, really detailed and very helpful for everyone preparing for exams
Runner Up: @VittoriaAnna Fantastic blog with lots of pictures, regularly updated and super helpful revision tips!

Most Improved
Winner: @Nandosfood A fantastic improvement made all round!Grades shot up from: E,U,B,C to A,B,B,B and blog was well kept with regular list making and checking.
Runner Up: @Lucyisglaswegian - Another amazing improvement from a D to A in Higher English. Originally aiming for a B, but went the extra mile and got the A!

Biggest Hurdle Overcome
Winner: @Atunu With lots going on throughout the year, wewere really impressed at how this blog was regularly updated and kept on track throughout the year.
Runner Up: @Kittiara Started the year off with a realdesire to not let their recent personal issues deter them, was determined andfocused throughout.

(If the winners and runners up could PM me with a contact address to send the prizes out to then I can get them sent out as soon as possible).

Hope everyone found Grow Your Grades useful to their own revision strategies even if you didn’t get a prize We’ll be running Grow your Grades again in the new year- and everyone is welcome to get involved next time!
:smile:

ALSO: Watch out for article in the nextweek or so
:yay: See above everyone! :yay:

Quotes

:party:

Congrats you guys :h: :woo:
(edited 8 years ago)
Oh my god, I've never won anything before!!! THANKS SO MUCH GUYS! *cries* & also huge congrats to everyone else who won/was runner up :elefant:
Oh my god, I've never won anything before!!! THANKS SO MUCH GUYS! *cries* & also huge congrats to everyone else who won/was runner up :elefant:

Whats the prize, if you don't mind me asking (:
?
Original post by YounesB
Whats the prize, if you don't mind me asking (:
?

I have absolutely no idea... :biggrin:
I have absolutely no idea... :biggrin:

It says at the top... Not sure how much the voucher is for though! 😁😄
Reply 17
Nice
Original post by VittoriaAnna
It says at the top... Not sure how much the voucher is for though! 😁😄

oooo crap, just seen that! Sounds cool :smile: hmm, I've PMd her my address so should know soon :biggrin:
oooo crap, just seen that! Sounds cool :smile: hmm, I've PMd her my address so should know soon :biggrin:

Yeah me too! Congratulations by the way! 😄

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending