The Student Room Group

AS Chemistry Help

Hi guys.
i have just started A2 and dropping chemistry. I didnt do too well at AS. should i resit just chem1 to boost my grade to a B which would look decent on my CV? would it be possible to resit just 1 module?
thanks
You can surely resit one module but I wouldn't recommend it. If you think you can cope with it without it affecting your A2 grades then go for it!
Original post by presiousrose
You can surely resit one module but I wouldn't recommend it. If you think you can cope with it without it affecting your A2 grades then go for it!

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Resitting the unit may help you compound the knowledge you gain in unit 4 and unit 5, but make sure that if you do decide to resit it, that you place more emphasis on the A2's when you revise.
hey im not doing a2 chemistry (i dropped it). i just want to resit chem1 because i think it will make my AS grades look better
Original post by Gladiatorsword
hey im not doing a2 chemistry (i dropped it). i just want to resit chem1 because i think it will make my AS grades look better

If you have time for it, you should or if it really bugs you. But as I said, make sure you spend a lot more time on your A2's :smile:
Original post by arch0wnz
If you have time for it, you should or if it really bugs you. But as I said, make sure you spend a lot more time on your A2's :smile:

How hard is A2? I'm only doing chemistry, I did bad at As and I want to resit the second exam
Original post by LordBanter
How hard is A2? I'm only doing chemistry, I did bad at As and I want to resit the second exam

I have just finished my 2nd week of A2's and it's flying by. I think there is definitely more content than in AS and it's going to take a hell of a lot of time to make sure I know it all properly before the exams come.

My teachers are being too lax with teaching right now (one of them who is teaching kinetics/acid-base reactions and such) but one of them is zooming ahead with Organic chemistry, we've already finished 1.5 chapters.

I guess the hardest part will be remembering it all so i'm going to make flashcards every weekend and just read ahead to make sure i know what's going on in future lessons.

Quick Reply

Latest