The Student Room Group

Transferring to other courses

Is it possible to transfer from one undergraduate course like computer science and transfer onto another course like physics? If so how and which universities let you do that
I'm especially interested if you can do this at Kings College London (Changing from comp sci to physics)
It will vary from uni to uni and concerning the two courses you mentioned you will have to email the computer science department at kings, it will depend on if they have places on the physics course

If you want to do it you normally have to do it by middle to end of October but again the timeframe will depend on the uni

Also you normally have to meet the entry requirements of the course you want to transfer to

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by madmadmax321
It will vary from uni to uni and concerning the two courses you mentioned you will have to email the computer science department at kings, it will depend on if they have places on the physics course

If you want to do it you normally have to do it by middle to end of October but again the timeframe will depend on the uni

Also you normally have to meet the entry requirements of the course you want to transfer to

Posted from TSR Mobile

So if I wanted to change courses I would have to do that by the end of the first semester of that year?
Original post by Laurenafenete
So if I wanted to change courses I would have to do that by the end of the first semester of that year?

No you would have to change way before that if you don't want to have to wait until next September to start the physics course

To to change course and continue without having to restart the year you would have to change to physics by the end of October (but different unis have different change dates so you will have to email kings to find out a definite answer)

Example: at Leeds I can change up to the end of October but my friend at Southampton only had until the middle of October (I haven't heard of any complete course changes happening after October without having to restart the year)

Also make sure you ask about changing before the day of the deadline for changing course as it will take some time to change (could be a few days but could be a week)
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by madmadmax321
No you would have to change way before that if you don't want to have to wait until next September to start the physics course

To to change course and continue without having to restart the year you would have to change to physics by the end of October (but different unis have different change dates so you will have to email kings to find out a definite answer)

Example: at Leeds I can change up to the end of October but my friend at Southampton only had until the middle of October (I haven't heard of any complete course changes happening after October without having to restart the year)

Also make sure you ask about changing before the day of the deadline for changing course as it will take some time to change (could be a few days but could be a week)
Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok, thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending