The Student Room Group

what do you think happens when we die?

i'm just curious to hear peoples opinions. personally i like to think we come back as ourselves and live life over again and each time we come back we make better choices in life. i think we would get deja vu at moments we could have made better choices and so we would choose differently to how we did previously. eventually we end up living a life we really enjoy having everything we want through having made the best choices we could for ourselves and only dying as a happy person in old age and then we just keep reliving that life. i know it doesn't sound plausible really and i'm not trying to say this is definitely what happens but that is what i like to think and know other people have their own thoughts on the matter so what do you think.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Same thing as before we were born :dontknow:
Reply 2
I like to believe there's some form of afterlife or more.
However I believe this life is it. There's nothing more to it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Personally I'm going to haunt someone else's grave

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I imagine you can slowly feel your strength fading away.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Life is a television show funded by aliens. It depends completely on our ratings for this season for a chance at a second series.
Original post by chelseafreak
i'm just curious to hear peoples opinions. personally i like to think we come back as ourselves and live life over again and each time we come back we make better choices in life. i think we would get deja vu at moments we could have made better choices and so we would choose differently to how we did previously. eventually we end up living a life we really enjoy having everything we want through having made the best choices we could for ourselves and only dying as a happy person in old age and then we just keep reliving that life. i know it doesn't sound plausible really and i'm not trying to say this is definitely what happens but that is what i like to think and know other people have their own thoughts on the matter so what do you think.

We cease to live.
I'm becoming a poltergeist. I'm going to spend my days throwing faeces and hypodermic needles at NHS managers and medical curriculum educationalists for the next 200 years, and even that's too good for them.
Reply 8
I like to think our souls go to the Galactic Frontline to die again in glorious laser battle.
(edited 8 years ago)
In my humble opinion, I think you just die and there is nothing else waiting for us after this life.
Reply 10
As a muslim , I believe there is an after life. Tbh i'm actualy scared so I don't think about it alot. Basically Muslim's believe that the after life is eternal.
It goes like this: life in the grave , judgment day, then hell or heaven

I feel like I have alot of fear about hell so I don't think about it a lot.
Reply 11
Our souls assimilate towards a central being and form part of Coursework.info
Original post by Jarred
Our souls assimilate towards a central being and form part of Coursework.info

Resistance is futile, you are borg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oblivion(?)
We die. As in brain stops workings so 'we' don't exist. Remember what it was like before you were born? Yer same as that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
we dead.
Reply 16
Perhaps not the most likely, but the most interesting theory I have read is called "The Egg" by Andy Weir. When we die, we meet God. God tells us that we are, in fact, everyone who ever lived. We just get reincarnated infinitely until we have been every single person who ever lives. Once that happens, the collective knowledge of every person that ever lived will be ours, and we will be a "God". Essentially we are an infant God who is growing up. It's a very interesting read, if anybody is interested.

Source: http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
Original post by tomtjl
Perhaps not the most likely, but the most interesting theory I have read is called "The Egg" by Andy Weir. When we die, we meet God. God tells us that we are, in fact, everyone who ever lived. We just get reincarnated infinitely until we have been every single person who ever lives. Once that happens, the collective knowledge of every person that ever lived will be ours, and we will be a "God". Essentially we are an infant God who is growing up. It's a very interesting read, if anybody is interested.

Source: http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html

Why isn't this a film yet, I would watch that- when it comes to the end and humanity realise they are God. Like some matrix glichy **** happens and that's it they've learnt everything and been everyone so now they are becoming actual God and time travel and some real trippy ****

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ni909
we dead.

Eloquent :tongue:
Reply 19
Original post by Law-Hopeful
Eloquent :tongue:

Thx so much like

Latest