The Student Room Group

gcse's math exam

Hey, so I'm joining 10th grade (I just moved to the uk) and I was wondering if I could write the math exam this year itself. I have previously studied in the Cambridge course and so I find math quite easy :biggrin:
Also I really want to take computing as a subject but I think I might be too late to learn it as it seems they teach that from 9th year. Is it true? If not can you guys explain. Thank you ^~^
Original post by randomperson11
Hey, so I'm joining 10th grade (I just moved to the uk) and I was wondering if I could write the math exam this year itself. I have previously studied in the Cambridge course and so I find math quite easy :biggrin:
Also I really want to take computing as a subject but I think I might be too late to learn it as it seems they teach that from 9th year. Is it true? If not can you guys explain. Thank you ^~^

There is no standard answer to your questions, you will have to ask at your school. Most state schools have reduced or eliminated early entry GCSE as it can affect how their performance is measured. Many schools start GCSE teaching in year 9 but that will vary from subject to subject and from school to school. You will need to meet with your new school, explain what you'd like to do and they'll tell you what your options are.

Posted from TSR Mobile

what a stupid suggestion of course you can't
Original post by SamuelSingleton
what a stupid suggestion of course you can't

._. I'm sorry but I don't know how stuff works here. In Cambridge you could write your exams earlier and my friend has written some exams earlier in the edexcel board.
Original post by gdunne42
There is no standard answer to your questions, you will have to ask at your school. Most state schools have reduced or eliminated early entry GCSE as it can affect how their performance is measured. Many schools start GCSE teaching in year 9 but that will vary from subject to subject and from school to school. You will need to meet with your new school, explain what you'd like to do and they'll tell you what your options are.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, but sadly I haven't got a school yet, and I really want to do well in my gcses *sighs*
._. I'm sorry but I don't know how stuff works here. In Cambridge you could write your exams earlier and my friend has written some exams earlier in the edexcel board.

I apologise - I have a feeling there's just a miscommunication..
over here in the UK we say "sit an exam" not "write an exam" .. i thought you physically wanted to write the questions to an exam you wanted to sit
Reply 6

They're making a joke. when you write 'write a exam' we will interpret as creating the actual exam itself at first, as opposed to taking the exam.
Original post by SamuelSingleton
I apologise - I have a feeling there's just a miscommunication..
over here in the UK we say "sit an exam" not "write an exam" .. i thought you physically wanted to write the questions to an exam you wanted to sit

Oops :3 I guess it was my fault, I'm weak in English Dx
Original post by Gogregg
They're making a joke. when you write 'write a exam' we will interpret as creating the actual exam itself at first, as opposed to taking the exam.

Pshh, I just realised, lol, I'm weak in English I get B's and C's :c

Quick Reply

Latest