The Student Room Group

what shouled be my 5th option while applying for Medicine??

Hi
I am looking to choose a course and med school where they allow transfer to Medicine in the first year and also I have been advised that it should be IBMS accredicted.
Can you please help me deciding one? (Is that have to be Biomedical Sciences??
Can it be Microbiology/Clinical Sciences/Pharmacy??)
Also I won't to be employable if end up just finishing this course

Really need your advise as I don't have any knowledge on this??? and there is not enough time to research....??

Thanks
Original post by nomita
Hi
I am looking to choose a course and med school where they allow transfer to Medicine in the first year and also I have been advised that it should be IBMS accredicted.
Can you please help me deciding one? (Is that have to be Biomedical Sciences??
Can it be Microbiology/Clinical Sciences/Pharmacy??)
Also I won't to be employable if end up just finishing this course

Really need your advise as I don't have any knowledge on this??? and there is not enough time to research....??

Thanks

Well, I personally am either going to go for biomedical sciences or neuroscience. I guess just go with what you enjoy..
Reply 2
Thanks very much for your response

Let me be specific
I am looking to choose BioMedical Sciences as my 5th option. I want to choose a med school that will allow transfer to Medicine in the first year and also I have been advised that needs to be IBMS accredicted.Can you please help?
Or would you advise me another similar course where this is a possibility.

Thanks very much
Original post by nomita
Thanks very much for your response

Let me be specific
I am looking to choose BioMedical Sciences as my 5th option. I want to choose a med school that will allow transfer to Medicine in the first year and also I have been advised that needs to be IBMS accredicted.Can you please help?
Or would you advise me another similar course where this is a possibility.

Thanks very much

Tbh I don't really think there are many med schools that allow transfer in the first year....I know that you can do all three years and then apply for graduate medicine.
There's a list of IBMS accredited courses here: https://www.ibms.org/go/qualifications/ibms-courses

But to find a med school that allows transfer into medicine the first year I would advise you to email each school and ask them personally.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending