The Student Room Group

Muslim migrants are converting to Christianity in droves at this German church

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Ravenous
Knew they'd be Iranians as soon as I read the title :tongue:

Why?
Original post by HucktheForde
i dont think imposing a condition in exchange of asylum is in violation of freedom of religion.

They are not being prosecuted for their religion. If they do not meet the condition, they can go back, no ones getting hurt for their religion

or if they insist to remain muslim, they can still come in through the means, as an expatriate, as a student...etc etc

It pretty much is if youre not allowing someone in because of their religion
Original post by The_Internet
It pretty much is if youre not allowing someone in because of their religion

they can come in, just come in as an expatriate or student

its not our duty to let everyone in.

A violation of freedom of religion is only when violence takes place because of someone's religion, which is not something i advocate.

would this be a violation of religious freedom?

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 23
This thread really brought out the butthurt atheists/Islamophobes lol
(edited 8 years ago)

A violation of freedom of religion is only when violence takes place because of someone's religion, which is not something i advocate.

No it isnt and when we say "were not letting this religion in but we are with this, then thats just discriminatory and actually against such freedoms we have here.

And i guesd so but Saudi Arabia is not Europe. You seem to love Saudi Arabia so much - well you support the things that Saudi does. Why dont you go and livr thete then?

Btw its pretty obvious that you hate muslims but still youre somehow better than muslims you think when you want do do things that are against the basic freeedoms we have here

I mean youre OK with Saudi Arabia doing x or at lewst you wwnt us to emulate Saudi Arabia.. .
Original post by HAnwar

I know, I thought it would be people like you who would be upset however that doesn't seem to the case.
No it isnt and when we say "were not letting this religion in but we are with this, then thats just discriminatory and actually against such freedoms we have here.

And i guesd so but Saudi Arabia is not Europe. You seem to love Saudi Arabia so much - well you support the things that Saudi does. Why dont you go and livr thete then?

Btw its pretty obvious that you hate muslims but still youre somehow better than muslims you think when you want do do things that are against the basic freeedoms we have here

I mean youre OK with Saudi Arabia doing x or at lewst you wwnt us to emulate Saudi Arabia.. .

I wouldn't complain discriminatory about a company not hiring me if they need IT graduates and i am an art graduate.
Reply 28
Original post by MrKmas508
I know, I thought it would be people like you who would be upset however that doesn't seem to the case.

You get used to it lol
Original post by HAnwar

actually it brought orgasms to those whos religion now has new members.
There was a guy at my school who was a refugee from Iran and he converted to christianity when he got here. He told me that he saw what Islam did to his country and didn't want anything to do with it.
That's different. Someone who's in IT and is a Muslim will be able to do the same job as the Christian guy. That's discrimination based on skill, not prejudice.

there is also a difference between not taking away someone's right and taking away someone's right based on religion.
So much for western " freedoms" if you're denying people the freedom to choose their own religion....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! 👏
there is also a difference between not taking away someone's right and taking away someone's right based on religion.

Sorry? Please could you rephrase that in English? Also, what is it with the far right seeking to emulate Saudi Arabia whilst simultaneously talking about how Muslims are so bad cos of Saudi Arabia..

Original post by BrokenLife
Thank you! 👏

Nw. I really really don't do patriotism, which is why Im cool with criticising pretty much every nation, but I'll slam those who are patriotic, with their own history, laws etc..
(edited 8 years ago)
Sorry? Please could you rephrase that in English? Also, what is it with the far right seeking to emulate Saudi Arabia whilst simultaneously talking about how Muslims are so bad cos of Saudi Arabia..

Nw. I really really don't do patriotism, which is why Im cool with criticising pretty much every nation, but I'll slam those who are patriotic, with their own history, laws etc..

Patriotism isn't a bad thing until people confuse it with being crude to others or hiding facts in order to come across patriotic.
Original post by Doctor_Einstein
Christianity makes sense though when 60% of the population identify as Christians in the UK, while only 25% are atheists.

Or perhaps we dont force people to become any religion (or none religion) and let people choose?
Original post by BrokenLife
Patriotism isn't a bad thing until people confuse it with being crude to others or hiding facts in order to come across patriotic.

That's a fair point. I am aware of some quite liberal people who are patriotic, but more so of the opinion that "we are one. Our laws allow x, so therefore the people who claim to be patriots are actually...twatriots"

It is in English. The universal declaration of human rights is also in english. And it doesn't say it is a human right to be allowed into any nation states. Not allowing someone in is not a violation of rights. It does says everyone has the right to live, making violence against a particular religion a violation of human right. Maybe you should read it for the first time.

You seem to panicked a lot when i posted that picture showing that non muslims are not allowed in certain area until you double posted.
It is in English. The universal declaration of human rights is also in english. And it doesn't say it is a human right to be allowed into any nation states. Not allowing someone in is not a violation of rights. It does says everyone has the right to live, making violence against a particular religion a violation of human right. Maybe you should read it for the first time.

You seem to panicked a lot when i posted that picture showing that non muslims are not allowed in certain area until you double posted.

What you said doesn't make sense. Please could you rephrase it? And no it doesn't, but equally you're not allowed to then discriminate based on things like race, religion, gender etc..

Er...no, I didnt panick and Im aware of that. I dont seek to emulate Saudi Arabia. You clearly do want to emulate Saudi Arabia
Thats good. Christianity is better than Islam. Less violent.

Quick Reply

Latest