The Student Room Group

Queen mary, will i get in? Pls answer

GCSE GRADES: A*AAABBBBCC
AS GRADES: CCDU (redoing CW, and RESITTING)

I want to go to QUEEN MARY to study accounting and managment...will i get in or even get an OFFER? pls answer.

I hardly tried this year, just was too lazy but I am going to put my head down

please tell me. thank you x

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emilysmith123
GCSE GRADES: A*AAABBBBCC
AS GRADES: CCDU (redoing CW, and RESITTING)

I want to go to QUEEN MARY to study accounting and managment...will i get in or even get an OFFER? pls answer.

I hardly tried this year, just was too lazy but I am going to put my head down

please tell me. thank you x

We on TSR can't say anything about this!Call the admissions office up tbh
Reply 2
Depends on your predicted grades and how well you actually perform next year. Us TSRians cannot give you an accurate answer.
Original post by Skill Twix
We on TSR can't say anything about this!Call the admissions office up tbh

WTF, i am asking people esp those who go to QM and study accounting you *******. why the hell would i call them up? this isnt clearing son
Reply 4
WTF, i am asking people esp those who go to QM and study accounting you *******. why the hell would i call them up? this isnt clearing son

First, watch your tone. He was helping you. Secondly, if you're genuinely worried and curious, then call them. Only THEY can truly say whether or not they would consider you.
Reply 5
Entry requirements are ABB.

You won't get in.
Original post by AAgrace
Entry requirements are ABB.

You won't get in.

i haven't done A2 yet, i am resitting and one grade has already gone up to a B because i did the CW now

will i even get an offer? :/
Reply 7
i haven't done A2 yet, i am resitting and one grade has already gone up to a B because i did the CW now

will i even get an offer? :/

Ring them. Find out.
Original post by AAgrace
Ring them. Find out.

do you go to QM? LOL theres no need to ring them, i already emailed them and they said they look at PS a lot

it is ABB but the rest of my uni courses will be BBB and BBC cus i know it could go two ways
i didn't even work hard and i still got two C's and a high D, well one of the c's are now a B
If you've already emailed then you can't do anymore except apply and hope you get an offer! Stay calm and wait, they will look at your application as a whole so you may be fine. No one here can give you a definite answer so you're best just keeping positive for now and see what happens :smile: if you have okay predicted grades and a decent PS, you'll be in with a chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lubsjk
First, watch your tone. He was helping you. Secondly, if you're genuinely worried and curious, then call them. Only THEY can truly say whether or not they would consider you.

I am out
Original post by lubsjk

sorry :frown: just really upset
Reply 12
If you're predicted what they require which is ABB go for it, if you're willing to work your butt off to get that. I missed by offer by one grade and had to go through clearing for another course at QM so...it's down to you. Make sure your PS is banging and your GCSEs look fine for them...
sorry :frown: just really upset

Hey no worries!Dude you need to call them up
Hey no worries!Dude you need to call them up

i will, shall i say "would you consider me bla bla im resitting ect"??

do you think i could get an OFFER? pls be honest, im predicted BBB/ABB
i will, shall i say "would you consider me bla bla im resitting ect"??

do you think i could get an OFFER? pls be honest, im predicted BBB/ABB

Firstly you need to be calm!Secondly,tell them what course you are interested in.Ask their requirements!And then tell them what you've achieved so far and if you've underachieved what made you do so!In reality some universities accept some people if they've missed by one grade!If your course requires ABB and you got ABC they might consider you
Firstly you need to be calm!Secondly,tell them what course you are interested in.Ask their requirements!And then tell them what you've achieved so far and if you've underachieved what made you do so!In reality some universities accept some people if they've missed by one grade!If your course requires ABB and you got ABC they might consider you

okay, deep breath..what shall i say to why i didn't work hard? just that i was working at a GCSE pace?
okay, deep breath..what shall i say to why i didn't work hard? just that i was working at a GCSE pace?

Well there might be some reason that stopped you tbh!Could be but I am not sure!
Well the reason I didn't get good A2 grades was due to my mental health problems!

@Changing Skies
@Hanya Pouncey
@lubsjk

Is this an extenuating circumstance?working at a GCSE pace?
Reply 18
Well there might be some reason that stopped you tbh!Could be but I am not sure!
Well the reason I didn't get good A2 grades was due to my mental health problems!

@Changing Skies
@Hanya Pouncey
@lubsjk

Is this an extenuating circumstance?working at a GCSE pace?

Mental health is definitely an extenuating circumstance. Working at a GCSE pace is laughable.
Original post by Hanya Pouncey
Mental health is definitely an extenuating circumstance. Working at a GCSE pace is laughable.

She says she had insomnia!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending