The Student Room Group

Queen mary, will i get in? Pls answer

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hanya Pouncey
If you're predicted what they require which is ABB go for it, if you're willing to work your butt off to get that. I missed by offer by one grade and had to go through clearing for another course at QM so...it's down to you. Make sure your PS is banging and your GCSEs look fine for them...

did you get an interview? do you think i will? and yeah one of c's are already a B at AS because of REDID CW, if im predicted BBB shall i not apply ? :frown:
Original post by emilysmith123
i had insomnia?

Not really sure tbh!Call them up tomorrow!Prepare a list of points you'd love to tell/ask them!
Reply 22
Original post by Skill Twix
She says she had insomnia!

Best to say that instead as that's actually a condition rather than the GCSE pace excuse :tongue:
Reply 23
did you get an interview? do you think i will? and yeah one of c's are already a B at AS because of REDID CW, if im predicted BBB shall i not apply ? :frown:

Nope, no interview :smile: Okay that's good. Yeah, I still think you should as other parts of your application may be really strong. But also apply to a couple of other unis you know you will definitely be able to get into.
Nope, no interview :smile: Okay that's good. Yeah, I still think you should as other parts of your application may be really strong. But also apply to a couple of other unis you know you will definitely be able to get into.

i think interviews at QM are just for sciences/med/engineering tbh

:frown: what other excuses could i say to why i didnt achieve good? pls help
Reply 25
i think interviews at QM are just for sciences/med/engineering tbh

:frown: what other excuses could i say to why i didnt achieve good? pls help

I think it would be advisable to get your tutor to include it in her reference for you. Insomnia is a symptom of depression so you could go from there but say you are determined to do better this year as you know you have the potential. As long as you show enthusiasm and passion for the course you're applying for, don't worry too much about thinking of excuses.
I think it would be advisable to get your tutor to include it in her reference for you. Insomnia is a symptom of depression so you could go from there but say you are determined to do better this year as you know you have the potential. As long as you show enthusiasm and passion for the course you're applying for, don't worry too much about thinking of excuses.

Loooool, im not depressed lmao, i dont think im gona include just gona be honest and say i was working at difference pace ect loool
CCDU to ABB/BBB predictions is risky.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Loooool, im not depressed lmao, i dont think im gona include just gona be honest and say i was working at difference pace ect loool

Depression ain't funny. Well okay do that, but that sounds like excuses at the end of the day. Just work your butt off and if you get rejected you can always go through clearing/adjustment next year.
I applied to Universities that were higher than my predicted grades and I got offers.
It depends more than just grades, personal statement plays a massive role.
Depression ain't funny. Well okay do that, but that sounds like excuses at the end of the day. Just work your butt off and if you get rejected you can always go through clearing/adjustment next year.

not laughing at it x just im really a joyful person :smile: and yeah, thanks so much
IM so scared, btw what course do you do?? and how long did u wait to get your offer??
I know this girl that got BCD at AS level in her A2 she was predicted ABB then she got ABD at A2 and was accepted to do geography
Original post by Moonstruck16
CCDU to ABB/BBB predictions is risky.

Posted from TSR Mobile

how? i got a D in maths, when throughout the yr i got A's , my teacher said she would and for eng already redid CW so its a B for AS now so hopefully an A next yr
Reply 33
not laughing at it x just im really a joyful person :smile: and yeah, thanks so much
IM so scared, btw what course do you do?? and how long did u wait to get your offer??

Oh okay :smile: anytime. Don't stress yourself out too much about it, you've got time to perfect your application but make sure you send it off early.

I'm going to be doing Politics, I want to transfer to Law and Politics when I get there but I dunno how likely that will be...

It was pretty quick maybe a month or so, but it's different for everyone.
Original post by cierratime
I know this girl that got BCD at AS level in her A2 she was predicted ABB then she got ABD at A2 and was accepted to do geography

at QM? yeah i heard that happens a lot but i just dont know if they will offer me? do you think they will i got CCD
Original post by suresure
I got an offer for accounting and management at QMUL but my predicted grades were AAA. It not only depends on if they give you an offer, but if you think you are actually capable of meeting that offer.

what did u get for AS? finally someone who does the course.. did you get an interview btw? pls reply
how? i got a D in maths, when throughout the yr i got A's , my teacher said she would and for eng already redid CW so its a B for AS now so hopefully an A next yr

No I mean how the uni will look at it. I've always heard that being predicted more han a grade up can look like an over prediction.

Posted from TSR Mobile
WTF, i am asking people esp those who go to QM and study accounting you *******. why the hell would i call them up? this isnt clearing son

You ain't getting in with that attitude..
at QM? yeah i heard that happens a lot but i just dont know if they will offer me? do you think they will i got CCD

Yeah make sure your predicted those grades and have amazing Ps. It wouldn't hurt applying and seeing your luck as you have five uni choices to fill up
Original post by lizmoo0721
I applied to Universities that were higher than my predicted grades and I got offers.
It depends more than just grades, personal statement plays a massive role.

okay :smile: wt course do u do?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending