The Student Room Group

DSA entitlement ..

I recently received my DSA entitlement letter and theyve approved it ...I changed my course and uni and student finance knows what do I do next? And when do I have to order my equipment?

P.s. will I be able to choose my own laptop and them to pay for some of the laptop price (£610) and I have to pay (£200) ?
Original post by Remz00
I recently received my DSA entitlement letter and theyve approved it ...I changed my course and uni and student finance knows what do I do next? And when do I have to order my equipment?

P.s. will I be able to choose my own laptop and them to pay for some of the laptop price (£610) and I have to pay (£200) ?

I'm not sure about the first question but regarding the second, they will recommend a laptop for your needs and you need to pay £200 towards it and they pay the rest. If you wish to upgrade to a higher specification and they approve the upgrade, you need to pay the difference in addition. For instance, if the model recommended for you costs £400 then by default, you pay £200 and they pay £200. If you want to upgrade to a £610 laptop, you now pay £410 and they still pay £200.
Reply 2
Original post by Plagioclase
I'm not sure about the first question but regarding the second, they will recommend a laptop for your needs and you need to pay £200 towards it and they pay the rest. If you wish to upgrade to a higher specification and they approve the upgrade, you need to pay the difference in addition. For instance, if the model recommended for you costs £400 then by default, you pay £200 and they pay £200. If you want to upgrade to a £610 laptop, you now pay £410 and they still pay £200.

Oh okay now that ive changed uni and course will i need to do another assessment?
Original post by Remz00
Oh okay now that ive changed uni and course will i need to do another assessment?

I'm honestly not sure, @OU Student might know though.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Plagioclase
I'm honestly not sure, @OUStudent might know though.

Thank you
Original post by Remz00

Is there differing academic requirements to the old one? You might have to switch suppliers if so you could need an amended one but generally they do have massive delivery areas.
You can't pick a laptop I m afraid you have to stick with the basic model or pay for the upgrade really :/
Reply 6
Yeah alotof difference and ahh ok

Original post by claireestelle
Is there differing academic requirements to the old one? You might have to switch suppliers if so you could need an amended one but generally they do have massive delivery areas.
You can't pick a laptop I m afraid you have to stick with the basic model or pay for the upgrade really :/
Original post by Remz00
Yeah alotof difference and ahh ok

Will you need much more 1:1 hours because of the course change for example do you have an interpreter/guide/notetaker etc?
Reply 8
Will you need much more 1:1 hours because of the course change for example do you have an interpreter/guide/notetaker etc?

I think so thats in my entitlement letter erm i changed from biomedical science a foundation to nutrition foundation and i got a notetaker as a dictaphone...a laptop....special assisstance on the laptop to make help me with coursework...exam extra time....and a mentor
Original post by Remz00
I think so thats in my entitlement letter erm i changed from biomedical science a foundation to nutrition foundation and i got a notetaker as a dictaphone...a laptop....special assisstance on the laptop to make help me with coursework...exam extra time....and a mentor

I think check out your timetable and if there's any change in hours get a reassessment basically
Reply 10
I think check out your timetable and if there's any change in hours get a reassessment basically

I called up student finance and they said i need to send my entitlement letter back to them. What will happen after?
Original post by Remz00
I called up student finance and they said i need to send my entitlement letter back to them. What will happen after?

I believe they ll want to reissue a letter of your requirements have changed. Have you contacted your uni to see what suppliers they use ?
Original post by Remz00

Depends how different the course is. I changed from computing to law. I had a new assessment because the course is completely different.
Reply 13
Yeah I have and im yet to hear from the unuversity so im just being patient.
I believe they ll want to reissue a letter of your requirements have changed. Have you contacted your uni to see what suppliers they use ?
Reply 14
Original post by OU Student
Depends how different the course is. I changed from computing to law. I had a new assessment because the course is completely different.

Oh im changing from biomedical science to nutrition how long did it take? Did you have to send you first entitlement letter back to SFE?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending