The Student Room Group

To people who DON'T drink alcohol

Scroll to see replies

Original post by slytherin snake
That's because most have the same metabolic effects of alcohol while not giving the hangover or general stupor when drunk in large amounts due to their having high fructose-corn-syrup contents.

Anyway. I have innumerable reasons for not drinking alcohol. For one I don't believe a police officer should ever take drugs recreationally.

The "drug" concept is rather arbitrary, there's no fundamental reason to call beer and wine a drug and Roquefort Cheese not.

I personally would not use that concept as a "step" in a logical argument, when the concept itself is shaky (and thus could unsettle an argument and the attendant conclusion)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Raiden10
The "drug" concept is rather arbitrary, there's no fundamental reason to call beer and wine a drug and Roquefort Cheese not.

I personally would not use that concept as a "step" in a logical argument, when the concept itself is shaky (and thus could unsettle an argument and the attendant conclusion)

Yeah, obviously not. -_-
starts reading

Original post by Schrödingers Cat
You say you can have fun without alcohol but when everyone around you is drunk is it not just weird and awkward?

stops reading
Original post by DannyDualscar
starts reading

stops reading

After being recently sober at the pub with 12 of my drunk mates I can confirm it's true
After being recently sober at the pub with 12 of my drunk mates I can confirm it's true

that's fair enough, but that's just for you, that doesn't mean it applies for other people
Because I don't like the taste of it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 226
Why?

Aren't you bored of seeing all your friends having a good time on the strip? You say you can have fun without alcohol but when everyone around you is drunk is it not just weird and awkward?

Don't you grow tiresome of the people achieving hedonism by simply engorging in the delicious elixir that is alcohol.

Have you ever let yourself loose and tried it? Being drunk can be really fun if moderated and you can still have a great healthy lifestyle.

Recent studies have actually pointed at alcohol being good for your health if consumed in moderation: http://www.psmag.com/health-and-behavior/truth-wont-admit-drinking-healthy-87891

So...... what are you waiting for?

:colone:

TROLL.
Why are you interested? If you want to drink go ahead but there's no need for this thread... You just have no better things to do
Why?

Aren't you bored of seeing all your friends having a good time on the strip? You say you can have fun without alcohol but when everyone around you is drunk is it not just weird and awkward?

Don't you grow tiresome of the people achieving hedonism by simply engorging in the delicious elixir that is alcohol.

Have you ever let yourself loose and tried it? Being drunk can be really fun if moderated and you can still have a great healthy lifestyle.

Recent studies have actually pointed at alcohol being good for your health if consumed in moderation: http://www.psmag.com/health-and-behavior/truth-wont-admit-drinking-healthy-87891

why would u encourage peole to drink alcohol when it is extremely harmless and bad
You're old though

:colonhash:
I'm still young. People don't stop asking past 25 either, it's weird.
Original post by JassyC
TROLL.
Why are you interested? If you want to drink go ahead but there's no need for this thread... You just have no better things to do

Not a troll, I'm just curious as to why people don't drink and spoil the fun

Original post by DannyDualscar
that's fair enough, but that's just for you, that doesn't mean it applies for other people

For most people I think my point stands, I can only see a couple of situations where it might not be so bad, the worst thing is when you have to look after them because they're throwing up :rolleyes:

Original post by Sacred Ground
Because I don't like the taste of it
Posted from TSR Mobile

Poor excuse, I don't like the taste of vodka but if you mix it with something it tastes ok and gets you drunk quickly and cheaply :h:

Original post by somethingbeautiful
:colonhash:
I'm still young. People don't stop asking past 25 either, it's weird.

:tongue:
Tbh when I become the ripe old age you are :wink: I'll probably stop drinking alcohol completely :smile:
Original post by TorpidPhil
You're such a troll. Why did I have the impression from the other time we discussed this that you were studying physics at university? Are you studying it at uni but not at degree level despite your "magnificent a-levels"? What's going on here. Why was I so mislead?

And I've told you, these website articles you link are not very good proof of anything and the scientific studies they link within themselves (even if they do, which they often don't) are not very good either. I explained in the other thread why that was the case, but you seem to misunderstand statistics quite a bit.

To answer your question - it isn't healthy; my grand-father abused it and it put me right off; I don't like the idea of not being 100% me, because I'm awesome; it is too expensive compared to water/milk; I don't succumb to peer pressure at all and dislike most of the environment which are usually why people want to drink anyway.

you're not suddenly a different person if you drink alcohol. Still the same person lol.
Why?

I'll be seeing you in A&E soon.
Not a troll, I'm just curious as to why people don't drink and spoil the fun

For most people I think my point stands, I can only see a couple of situations where it might not be so bad, the worst thing is when you have to look after them because they're throwing up :rolleyes:

Poor excuse, I don't like the taste of vodka but if you mix it with something it tastes ok and gets you drunk quickly and cheaply :h:

:tongue:
Tbh when I become the ripe old age you are :wink: I'll probably stop drinking alcohol completely :smile:

Poor excuse? Erm... Why would I drink something I don't enjoy when I can have a perfectly good night without alcohol?
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
I'll be seeing you in A&E soon.

I know my limits pfffft

Original post by Sacred Ground
Poor excuse? Erm... Why would I drink something I don't enjoy when I can have a perfectly good night without alcohol?

Lol I can tell you've never been drunk
Original post by Raiden10

Roquefort cheese is definitely a drug. That **** is like crack.
Have you been to a club before? The prices get freaking extortionate! I don't think my wallet could take it.
Original post by azombiecarrot
Have you been to a club before? The prices get freaking extortionate! I don't think my wallet could take it.

Yeah quite a lot, it depends what night you go. Student nights and week days are very cheap for example. Last time I got a double vodka and coke for £2.50

Also that's what pre drinking is for :biggrin:
Original post by azombiecarrot

Clubs are for pulling, not drinking.
Original post by cole-slaw
Clubs are for pulling, not drinking.

you sound like a stroppy teenager who goes on about literally just sex a lot of the time, are you really a post grad student?
Original post by welcometoib
you sound like a stroppy teenager who goes on about literally just sex a lot of the time, are you really a post grad student?

Bit rich coming from a wannabee investment banker

>Work 90 hour week simply for a coke and golddigger fest in the club on Friday...

...with your work colleagues :puke:

Quick Reply

Latest