The Student Room Group

Muslims - Would you marry early?

So this is primarily to all Muslim guys/girls however i know what most guys will say im more interested in the girls opinions.

we are all hormonal no doubt and thankfully we have had the will to hold them down this long. But since we have uni then finding a job then masters or whatever and all that.

Would you get married during University/Right after, given its your choice (i know some cultures get involved in someones marriage) and you like the person, even though you might both not be financially stable yet? Or would you prefer to secure a home/job ,etc first?

I know some who marry early to avoid zina for example. but i was wondering the majorities perspective on this?

EDIT: Heres my opinion,

18 now (as of the date posted) and i want to get married to someone mature if possible during Uni, finish then move in together but the chances of that are slim, so if not then ill focus for a couple years to secure a home and a job, then ill be searching so maybe around 25+
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hayderm
So this is primarily to all Muslim guys/girls however i know what most guys will say im more interested in the girls opinions.

we are all hormonal no doubt and thankfully we have had the will to hold them down this long. But since we have uni then finding a job then masters or whatever and all that.

Would you get married during University/Right after, given its your choice (i know some cultures get involved in someones marriage) and you like the person, even though you might both not be financially stable yet? Or would you prefer to secure a home/job ,etc first?

I know some who marry early to avoid zina for example. but i was wondering the majorities perspective on this?

I want to get married one year after uni. So when im 23, hopefully i will get a financially stable job. It wouldn't be necessary as my wife would normally stay in my parents house for abit untill we can afford a house.
Reply 2
Original post by Rollsreus
I want to get married one year after uni. So when im 23, hopefully i will get a financially stable job. It wouldn't be necessary as my wife would normally stay in my parents house for abit untill we can afford a house.

I was thinking the same thing, that way you get to know eachother a little before you move in suddenly! Is the wait killing you? :emo::tongue:
Reply 3
Probably some time during university.
I don't mind either way :smile:
Original post by hayderm

ik u can marry after puberty but simply 4 me id rather at 18
Original post by unknown786786
ik u can marry after puberty but simply 4 me id rather at 18

How old are you now? Isn't 18 a bit too young?
I'm 18 now. I'd like to get married at 21/22.
Original post by mmmmmmmmmmmmm
How old are you now? Isn't 18 a bit too young?

ofcourse no is not too young btw is personal 4 me but i am young all i can say im in secondory
Nah not particularly, I would prefer to wait until I was more financially stable and stuff. Waiting doesn't particularly bother me, like late 20's is cool.
Would marry....never. But if I HAD TO then it'd be after uni when I'm financially stable and sorted. :biggrin:
Original post by unknown786786
ofcourse no is not too young btw is personal 4 me but i am young all i can say im in secondory

:lol:

OK.
I'm 18 now. I'd like to get married at 21/22.

You could marry me? :smile:
Original post by william walker

No :smile:
Reply 13
Marry after uni, because I don't want to be tempted :h:
Original post by hayderm

Never. I'd only marry when I was a fully mature person, in mind and substance, when i'd have my whole life sorted and on track. There's no rush for me, I have to focus on personal development first.
Original post by william walker

umm excuse me nooooooooo waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy
Reply 16
Absolutely not. I'm 21, a recent graduate and just starting my career. Boggles me how young Muslims want to get hitched when they're not financially dependant. I don't see myself getting married until my late twenties, and even then it will be with a woman I've known for a while - I don't plan on having an arranged marriage.

My female cousin is 26 and is about to get married - my family are a lot more lax compared to more orthodox Muslim households.
Original post by hayderm

I'm a female, 17 & inshallah applying for uni this year. Allah decides our path however,I personally would at least work for a year after uni. I wouldn't marry unless I know him well& have learnt cooking, driving and feel confident. :smile:

You brothers should marry early tho. No offence most males can't handle themselves for long...

:smile: :smile: :smile:
Original post by hayderm

I think that as you have to get married one day in your life, what's wrong with doing it early if you want to. Even if your not financially stable it doesn't matter, because as marriage is a two way process you should both be able to help each other, eg for finance. My opinion is that you will inevitably go through ups and downs in your life, even if your married, so you cant just wait until your life seems perfect to then get married.

I don't know, personally I'm not against it. I think if you find the right person then its fine :smile:
What are your own views?
No :smile:

Fine. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending