The Student Room Group

How does a shy uni girl get her crush to ask her out?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NutellaLuv
Baaaaaasically, if your mates then ask to hang out, if you're not go to yahoo answers because only on that site can people mind read.
Lmfao i've never seen a success story come from this approach to guys.

My advice: It will never happen unless you shake off the shyness and go and talk to him....that being said i know you won't do it

I have to... Even if I go redder than a lobster!! Even if I wee wee myself!! Even if it gives me a heart attack!!! I really like him :cry2:
you have his number, call him tell him you want him to go out with him maybe a restaurant. go go go and do it
IT IS SIMPLE!!!!
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
Ask him out. DO IT.

Original post by zippity.doodah
lol

I love that Shia video you are all so right thanks for cheering me on :rave:
Original post by Anonymous
I didn't give him my number yet!

Ignore the stupid thing about dick pics. If he's a decent dude asking him for dick pics would freak him the **** out. I know it would make me totally flip tbh. Sure I'de talk about sex and sexual fetishes, but asking someone you barely know for nudes? That's mental even for a horny guy to hear, assuming they are somewhat mature. Then again I dunno your age or the guy in question...
Original post by zionpower
you have his number, call him tell him you want him to go out with him maybe a restaurant. go go go and do it
IT IS SIMPLE!!!!

No I don't have his number yet I declined when he asked me like an idiot and told him to contact me through one of our friends :frown: Argh I'm so dumb!!! But I'm going to get it :smile:
Original post by slytherin snake
Ignore the stupid thing about dick pics. If he's a decent dude asking him for dick pics would freak him the **** out. I know it would make me totally flip tbh. Sure I'de talk about sex and sexual fetishes, but asking someone you barely know for nudes? That's mental even for a horny guy to hear, assuming they are somewhat mature. Then again I dunno your age or the guy in question...

Oh I know I was only joking with person I would die if he sent me those lol and I'm certainly not sending any nudes!
Oh I know I was only joking with person I would die if he sent me those lol and I'm certainly not sending any nudes!

Well, good, but some people on TSr are legit that crazy lol.

Anyway, go get that number :biggrin:
Yeah! Do it. I was like the male version of you. Damn I was so oblivious in sixth form to this girl coming onto me. she would fiddle with her hair all the time. Smile non-stop around me, hug me for no reason, talk higher pitched around me. Always try to make conversation with me even when it was awkward to do so lol. I wish i had pursued that relationship but... I was a little bit focused on studies and just totally oblivious. Regret it so much now. Definitely definitely just ask him. It is very unlikely in your case to go poorly and you need experience with this thing anyway so you don't miss out on future opportunities. I'm sure it will go well!

Thank you for your encouragement, I certainly don't want to look back and regret this! I think the odds are still in my favour so I'm going to get in there while I can. It is hard when you have your head in the book and are not yet used to the opposite sex.

Oh in regards to your question on the other post he is 19 and I am 20 nearly 21 and that makes me kind of nervous as I don't want to be seen as some older woman predator I know that sounds ridiculous. There's also silly part of me which says if I pursue him I will 'lose my value'. Please feel free to tell that part of me to shut up maybe I'm just insecure?!
Revealing clothing.

Works 80% of the time.
Well, good, but some people on TSr are legit that crazy lol.

Anyway, go get that number :biggrin:

Yes I know haha I've have had some 'interesting' PMs here before from those types here :s-smilie:
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
Revealing clothing.

Works 80% of the time.

How revealing are we talking? I still want him to see me as relationship material lol.
Original post by Mpagtches
Press Start to get to the main selection screen, then press R, Up, Right, L, X, Y, Y.
You will get £300 straight to your bank account and he will ask you out right away :smile:

I'm still waiting for my £300 and my first date :smile:
How revealing are we talking? I still want him to see me as relationship material lol.

Not as conservative as Puritan clothing but not as open as stripper attire. I've heard that a bit of cleavage does wonders on most men.

Tbh, just wear what you feel comfortable in.
Original post by zippity.doodah
yeah, you only live once, right? there is a girl at my uni who rejected me, then I sort of rejected her, and now I'm thinking that was a mistake so maybe I'll go back and repair the damage *I* have made, for example.

Ooo I hope it works out for you both now! If you don't mind me asking why did you reject her? Did you not little the idea of her running back to you or something? In my case it was an accident rejection but he doesn't know that of course but I'm scared he will be mad now if I try and make my move and think that I'm messing him about!
Thank you for your encouragement, I certainly don't want to look back and regret this! I think the odds are still in my favour so I'm going to get in there while I can. It is hard when you have your head in the book and are not yet used to the opposite sex.

Oh in regards to your question on the other post he is 19 and I am 20 nearly 21 and that makes me kind of nervous as I don't want to be seen as some older woman predator I know that sounds ridiculous. There's also silly part of me which says if I pursue him I will 'lose my value'. Please feel free to tell that part of me to shut up maybe I'm just insecure?!

Yeah, you just sound super insecure - look her asked you for your number in the first place so stop freaking worrying! It's super attractive for you to ask him out now, just tell him straight - you thought about it a bit more and you think he seems like a nice person and do want to get to know him better. If an older women (even by a single year; women often want older guys so them wanting a younger one is a compliment to my personality off the bat) told me that I'de be well chuffed lol. Would make me far more willing to bother with her than subtle hints... Ultimately if he isn't interested he isn't interested but that would happen no matter what. This is assuredly the best course of action to get what you both likely want. So stop fretting. And please stop with the value thing omg. I don't even want to go there.

Anyhow, feel free to PM me if you want to talk more about that or anything else, but good luck with whatever you decide to do!
I have to... Even if I go redder than a lobster!! Even if I wee wee myself!! Even if it gives me a heart attack!!! I really like him :cry2:

In this situation he seems like a really lucky guy. :K:

If you don't want to be fairly obvious (though guys can be oblivious at times) maybe wait until you see him again, talk to him a few times, then ask for his number and keep going until he asks you out or vice versa.
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
Not as conservative as Puritan clothing but not as open as stripper attire. I've heard that a bit of cleavage does wonders on most men.

Tbh, just wear what you feel comfortable in.

Okay the middle way :smile: I want to leave something to the imagination, but give a little to get it going :wink:
Okay the middle way :smile: I want to leave something to the imagination, but give a little to get it going :wink:

Just consider what kind of guy he is. If he was like me and I saw you approach me wearing a ton of make-up and an open Item of clothing, then alarm bells will be ringing. I'd just judge you as being a little bit promiscuous from first impressions.

Just think about that.
Reply 38
Don't worry, if he showed interest before, he'll probably still feel the same way. Ask him out directly to hang out together - he'll get the message. :smile:
Yeah, you just sound super insecure - look her asked you for your number in the first place so stop freaking worrying! It's super attractive for you to ask him out now, just tell him straight - you thought about it a bit more and you think he seems like a nice person and do want to get to know him better. If an older women (even by a single year; women often want older guys so them wanting a younger one is a compliment to my personality off the bat) told me that I'de be well chuffed lol. Would make me far more willing to bother with her than subtle hints... Ultimately if he isn't interested he isn't interested but that would happen no matter what. This is assuredly the best course of action to get what you both likely want. So stop fretting. And please stop with the value thing omg. I don't even want to go there.

Anyhow, feel free to PM me if you want to talk more about that or anything else, but good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Thank you for slapping some sense into me I'm being way too insecure and uptight about this! i just need to let go of all that and do this. Yeah definitely his lovely personality won me over and he;s probably the most mature guy I've ever met (probably more so than me!) so I don't mind him being younger.

Thanks I will keep that in mind and PM you if anything else arises! I'm back at uni a couple of weeks so I will update on my success hopefully! Nothing ventured nothing gained!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending