The Student Room Group

Doing something your parets ask that they can do for them selves.

I don't understand why parents ask their children to do things for the that they ca do for themselves.

An example of this would be my mother asking me to get her a drink..

My mother isn't in a wheelchair, she isn't bedbound, I don't see why she cannot get herself a drink.

A worse example would be my mother sitting down NEAR a light switch or near her phone or near the tv remote and she asks me to turn the light on/get her phone/the tv remote.

I do not understand why she cannot do this for herself.

I can understand if y mother is/was tried or ill but there isn't really any excuse to why she cannot do it herself.

I wouldn't ever as my children to do that for me, I am more than capable of doing it myself!

Scroll to see replies

Funny how your mother never mentions the tens of thousands of pounds that she spent raising you.

Three words: Have some gratitude.
Oh not you again. You seem to post a whiny thread every other day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 雷尼克
maybe she needs constant reassurance that you're mentally capable of such tasks, given your calibre of posts here

My mother doesn't know this site exists.
Original post by Moonstruck16
Oh not you again. You seem to post a whiny thread every other day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't make whiny posts.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by 雷尼克
pray to the gods that she never does

Pray really hard.
Original post by 雷尼克
pray to the gods that she never does

My mother didn't go into higher education so she won't be on this site.
I would never even think of complaining about trivial things like these. My parents have done a lot for me and I appreciate everything they've given me. Granted, I haven't had the best relationship with them and they beat me when I was younger (physical punishment is still legal in some countries), but I still love them very much.
Original post by Dingooose
I would never even think of complaining about trivial things like these. My parents have done a lot for me and I appreciate everything they've given me. Granted, I haven't had the best relationship with them and they beat me when I was younger (physical punishment is still legal in some countries), but I still love them very much.

It's not trivial. It's something that happens almost everyday.
I also love my parents but this is just really annoying

I was thankful when my mother said "I'll do it myself" when she asked me to get her something..
Reply 8
You sound rude, selfish and ungrateful.
Next time you want food cooked or a shirt ironed, do it yourself.
Reply 9
Are you so lazy that you can't get up to get a drink or remote???
It's revenge for all those times you were growing up as a kid and made her do stuff. She probs knows it annoys ya and does it on purpose. Hell, she's probs readin this now and planning her next move m8.

Revenge best served chilled....
Original post by HAnwar
You sound rude, selfish and ungrateful.
Next time you want food cooked or a shirt ironed, do it yourself.

I do cook my own food I know hwo to iro, i will happily do it myself
Original post by ETRC
Are you so lazy that you can't get up to get a drink or remote???

If I wanted a drink or the remote I would get it
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by MylittlePlusle
I do cook my own food I know hwo to iro, i will happily do it myself

If wanted a drink or the remote I would get it

Good.

Move out to your mum'a house and never ask for her help. Ever.
ffs all you do is whine. no wonder your parents never hug you ffs
Be thankful that she still sees perks in keeping you under her roof, you'd probably be out on your arse otherwise.
Original post by vis break
ffs all you do is whine. no wonder your parents never hug you ffs

Oh. You're mistaken. I don't hug my parents much as I do ot want to be touched by almost all humans expect for one.
srsly ur 22? you don't act like it :colonhash: grow up and start appreciating what ur parent's do 4 you and show a bit of gratitude
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
Good.

Move out to your mum'a house and never ask for her help. Ever.

I don't have a job so I can't.
Original post by MylittlePlusle
Oh. You're mistaken. I don't hug my parents much as I do ot want to be touched by almost all humans expect for one.

Catwoman?
Original post by CoolCavy
srsly ur 22? you don't act like it :colonhash: grow up and start appreciating what ur parent's do 4 you and show a bit of gratitude

I am grateful but there's no excuse of them to ask me to do things they can do themselves. I don't mind helping them if they need help with something.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending