The Student Room Group

TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) Episode IV: A New Hope

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alexschmalex
GOD IS SO GOOD!!! I guess I can finally kinda spill on what was going on: in a nutshell I thought I had a failed a resit (did worse than the 1st time) and wouldn't be allowed to go through to 3rd year, but today my tutor told me I passed them all and even though it will be a struggle, I will be going through to my final year :biggrin: I was honestly ready to throw in the towel and just give up on getting a degree but God made a way for me 🙌🏾 Thanks for the prayers everyone!!

Fantastic, well done.

" I will make rivers flow on barren heights, and springs within the valleys. I will turn the desert into pools of water, and the parched ground into springs " Isaiah 41 v 18
GOD IS SO GOOD!!! I guess I can finally kinda spill on what was going on: in a nutshell I thought I had a failed a resit (did worse than the 1st time) and wouldn't be allowed to go through to 3rd year, but today my tutor told me I passed them all and even though it will be a struggle, I will be going through to my final year :biggrin: I was honestly ready to throw in the towel and just give up on getting a degree but God made a way for me 🙌🏾 Thanks for the prayers everyone!!

Praise God. So happy for u hun :smile:
So guys i am so happy today. I am thanking God for new friends. I found a friend via instagram when i was looking at bible art and i was led to her blog. I had this urge to comment on one of her posts but i kept putting it off. When i finally did, we found out that she lived just up the road from me. Then I knew God was at work. I also realised she was a new Christian and had just started reading the bible 2 mths ago. We started talking via email and then we met up today after talking fot about 2 weeks. We went for a cup of coffee in town and I was able to tell her more about Christ.

I was petrified at first coz she is older than me but she is really lovely and took everything really well. I am so glad and I thank God for giving me the courage and putting the words in my mouth. God is good. :awesome::awesome::awesome:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Great stuff :biggrin:

Original post by Racoon
Fantastic, well done.

" I will make rivers flow on barren heights, and springs within the valleys. I will turn the desert into pools of water, and the parched ground into springs " Isaiah 41 v 18

Original post by Joannywhite
Praise God. So happy for u hun :smile:

Thanks guys!!!

And @Joannywhite that's AMAZING!!
I

Thank God. May Jesus be praised. Amen! :biggrin:

So guys i am so happy today. I am thanking God for new friends. I found a friend via instagram when i was looking at bible art and i was led to her blog. I had this urge to comment on one of her posts but i kept putting it off. When i finally did, we found out that she lived just up the road from me. Then I knew God was at work. I also realised she was a new Christian and had just started reading the bible 2 mths ago. We started talking via email and then we met up today after talking fot about 2 weeks. We went for a cup of coffee in town and I was able to tell her more about Christ.

I was petrified at first coz she is older than me but she is really lovely and took everything really well. I am so glad and I thank God for giving me the courage and putting the words in my mouth. God is good. :awesome::awesome::awesome:

Wow, this is awesome! God used you to bring her closer to Him. God really works in mysterious ways! :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lovely....

This reminds me of something a Christian friend said to me," God just wants us to be nice".

(Genesis 24:13 - Rebekah, always looking for opportunities to do good and in being kind led to greater things :smile:)
Romans 15:13

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope

Have a great Sunday everyone :smile:

Only Jesus can move the mountains and heal the land
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Peve0MDCXw

[video="youtube;3Peve0MDCXw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Peve0MDCXw[/video]
(edited 8 years ago)
Thanks guys!!!

And @Joannywhite that's AMAZING!!

I know right. God is amazing :biggrin:

[QUOTE="Vanny17;59121569"]I

Thank God. May Jesus be praised. Amen! :biggrin:

Wow, this is awesome! God used you to bring her closer to Him. God really works in mysterious ways! :yes:
I know right. I always stand in awe of how He works. :biggrin:

Original post by Racoon
Lovely....

This reminds me of something a Christian friend said to me," God just wants us to be nice".

(Genesis 24:13 - Rebekah, always looking for opportunities to do good and in being kind led to greater things :smile:)

Very true :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

I know right. I always stand in awe of how He works. :biggrin:

God works in mysterious ways. He is awesome! :biggrin:
Reply 5369
Hi, this thread is an ecumenical one, which means posting anti-Catholic videos is not on.
It would be very much appreciated if you would remove the post above (which has been reported, FYI) and refrain from doing so in the future.
Reply 5370
If you wish to post the same information from a reputable source, I'll quite happily look into it. As it was posted on what appears to be a vehemently anti-Catholic uber-evangelical YouTube page, I think I'll pass...
Back from the hill country area of Sri Lanka. Looks like I missed some good old Catholic bashing :s-smilie:

Repped! :biggrin:

Original post by Aula
If you wish to post the same information from a reputable source, I'll quite happily look into it. As it was posted on what appears to be a vehemently anti-Catholic uber-evangelical YouTube page, I think I'll pass...

Can't rep you :no:
Back from the hill country area of Sri Lanka. Looks like I missed some good old Catholic bashing :s-smilie:

Repped! :biggrin:

Haha aww thanks TLG :smile::hugs:
Haha aww thanks TLG :smile::hugs:

Tiz very brave of you, but clearly it paid off and was God's will for you! I'd never dare contact anyone the way you did, so kudos to you :h:
Reply 5374

It wasn't too much catholic bashing, more the usual OMG THE POPE IS THE ANTICHRIST!!!11!!1!!1 type stuff :colonhash:
He sent me some more links by PM, but none of them actually supported the point :rofl:

Never mind. I don't do it for the rep :console: :mmm:
"Who shall bring any charge against God’s elect?"

" It is God who justifies.

"Who is to condemn?"

"Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us"

It is wonderful that in Romans 8 we read that God has justified us in his sight, God has poured out his grace and covering over us. We cannot be condemned as God has said Jesus is interceding for us in heaven. Sometimes we can feel bad that we are not doing everything right and fail time after time but Jesus has made a way for us where without him there is no way, no grace, no covering just a life of insecurity and doubt.

Praise God we can believe Him and live a life free of any doubt or fear about our eternity and salvation in Him. Now, we need to go out and do all the good things he has planned for us to do in our lives.

Today at church I shall be asking God "what do you want me to do for you, what is my calling?" :smile:

Do you know what your calling is?
Original post by Aula
It wasn't too much catholic bashing, more the usual OMG THE POPE IS THE ANTICHRIST!!!11!!1!!1 type stuff :colonhash:
He sent me some more links by PM, but none of them actually supported the point :rofl:

Never mind. I don't do it for the rep :console: :mmm:

:rofl: :teehee: :nothing:

:lovehug:

Original post by Racoon

God once asked me to love and look after someone for Him. Tiz very challenging to keep doing it for various reasons but I'm trying to be prayerful and remember the promise I made :redface:

Other than that, not sure. I thought for a while I was supposed to be a nun but Fr S says I'm not, and I trust him on that. Plus I'd make a VERY bad nun :tongue:

God once asked me to love and look after someone for Him. Tiz very challenging to keep doing it for various reasons but I'm trying to be prayerful and remember the promise I made :redface:

Other than that, not sure. I thought for a while I was supposed to be a nun but Fr S says I'm not, and I trust him on that. Plus I'd make a VERY bad nun :tongue:

Hahaha so would I...
Original post by Racoon
"Who shall bring any charge against God’s elect?"

" It is God who justifies.

"Who is to condemn?"

"Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us"

It is wonderful that in Romans 8 we read that God has justified us in his sight, God has poured out his grace and covering over us. We cannot be condemned as God has said Jesus is interceding for us in heaven. Sometimes we can feel bad that we are not doing everything right and fail time after time but Jesus has made a way for us where without him there is no way, no grace, no covering just a life of insecurity and doubt.

Praise God we can believe Him and live a life free of any doubt or fear about our eternity and salvation in Him. Now, we need to go out and do all the good things he has planned for us to do in our lives.

Today at church I shall be asking God "what do you want me to do for you, what is my calling?" :smile:

i do remember one time while having a worship and prayer session, the vision of being on the ministry team in my church came to me (something which i have never thought about because i've never really imagined myself praying for people) and has kinda stayed with me, but i'm just trying to keep prayerful and ask God to direct and me in this or whatever it is he wants me to do :smile:
Omg guys I move to London for uni on Saturday. At first i was so excited but now I am a nervous wreck. I think I'm gonna cry. Anyone else starting uni this year? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply