The Student Room Group

Muslims - Would you marry early?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I want to be married by 20, pushing it 21 and at the very latest 22
thers this guy called zamestain, who goes around in female dupes, so he can chat them up. Man needs a gyaldem desperately and get laid, Inshallah (lets all pray 4 our homey)
Original post by hayderm
I was thinking the same thing, that way you get to know eachother a little before you move in suddenly! Is the wait killing you? :emo::tongue:

Yeah the wait is a killer, im engaged kind of but my parents dont let me get married yet lol. They think im too young.
Original post by unknown786786
umm excuse me nooooooooo waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy

Why not?
Reply 24
Rah people talking reckless about late twenties. I'd get married rn tbh
I would prefer to marry after university but due to the duration of my degree it'll probably be whilst I'm still at uni . I would like to be financially stable before marriage.
Reply 26
Original post by shazy2014
I think that as you have to get married one day in your life, what's wrong with doing it early if you want to. Even if your not financially stable it doesn't matter, because as marriage is a two way process you should both be able to help each other, eg for finance. My opinion is that you will inevitably go through ups and downs in your life, even if your married, so you cant just wait until your life seems perfect to then get married.

I don't know, personally I'm not against it. I think if you find the right person then its fine :smile:
What are your own views?

The problem with young Muslims, especially females, is that they're under immense pressure from their parents to marry in their early twenties. Emotional blackmail is common, and I can bet my bottom dollar that the vast majority of Muslim females marry before they're 23-24.

I've seen first hand what young Muslim women go through. They may say they're ready, but deep down they just want to make their parents happy - and that's by marrying at a very young, immature age. Why bring up a child when you're not financially secure? It's an injustice to the child.
Original post by hayderm
So this is primarily to all Muslim guys/girls however i know what most guys will say im more interested in the girls opinions.

we are all hormonal no doubt and thankfully we have had the will to hold them down this long. But since we have uni then finding a job then masters or whatever and all that.

Would you get married during University/Right after, given its your choice (i know some cultures get involved in someones marriage) and you like the person, even though you might both not be financially stable yet? Or would you prefer to secure a home/job ,etc first?

I know some who marry early to avoid zina for example. but i was wondering the majorities perspective on this?

Hey,

I'm 21 years old Muslim lady who recently got engaged. I wanted to get engaged around this age just to be secure. However, I'm not getting married until 2 years. This was my choice because although to me family life is crucial but before stepping into having . family of my own, I wanted to finish off my studies and get a job experience. This is because I'm aware that marriage is a huge responsibility and I know I cannot deal with it while studying. I want to give my best to my man and his family which I feel like I won't be able to if I'm to get married now. Hence, I wouldn't want to get married at an early age.

At times I wish to be a young mother and spend the young life with my husband but I cannot also compromise on my academic life.

When it comes t. marrying for the fear of zina, I believe its . personal choice. I think I would always choose marriage than zina in a haram way. However, I feel like getting married only for the fear of comitting zina is a bit weird too because marriage isn't all about physical relations between a man and a woman. Its much more deeper than that.
(edited 8 years ago)
My philosophy is- Buy the product and then test, as well as also to be dependent on your parents financially, let them arrange a marriage (preferably with an illiterate desi girl), and hope the relationship works out, and if she don't like it then tough, she should get used to it as divorce is hard to get for women.
At my sixth form, there's a muslim couple who have married at 16.
Original post by Anonymous
My philosophy is- Buy the product and then test, as well as also to be dependent on your parents financially, let them arrange a marriage (preferably with an illiterate desi girl), and hope the relationship works out, and if she don't like it then tough, she should get used to it as divorce is hard to get for women.

What the fish!?!?
Original post by Anonymous

Whoever you are, I feel disgusted by your mentality. The last sentence 😒 She shouldn't have to put up with you bs.
Original post by Kre
The problem with young Muslims, especially females, is that they're under immense pressure from their parents to marry in their early twenties. Emotional blackmail is common, and I can bet my bottom dollar that the vast majority of Muslim females marry before they're 23-24.

I've seen first hand what young Muslim women go through. They may say they're ready, but deep down they just want to make their parents happy - and that's by marrying at a very young, immature age. Why bring up a child when you're not financially secure? It's an injustice to the child.

Yes I see what you mean about being young and immature. we cant just blame the parents for this though. Most of the time parents just want what is best for their children, for example parents will know that in the Muslim Asian culture it is difficult for women over the age of 25 to find husbands. Why? because that is just the way it is. I know its not right but still, most women would rather they got married than didn't.
Also you know in the Asian culture, people like to traditionally have big families, although this is now less of a case. Well basically this means that girls will get married at around 21-25 to increase there chances of having children, also over a bigger time period, so they don't have to bring up several toddlers at a time.
Original post by KittyRe-playⅧ
What the fish!?!?

u changed your name? and are u shocked? why? Me love illiterate desi gyaldem, they be luking bare peng. Very Cheap and easily disposable as well. Everybody wins
Reply 34
Hopefully when i'm about 24/25. I'm 20 now
Original post by hayderm
So this is primarily to all Muslim guys/girls however i know what most guys will say im more interested in the girls opinions.

we are all hormonal no doubt and thankfully we have had the will to hold them down this long. But since we have uni then finding a job then masters or whatever and all that.

Would you get married during University/Right after, given its your choice (i know some cultures get involved in someones marriage) and you like the person, even though you might both not be financially stable yet? Or would you prefer to secure a home/job ,etc first?

I know some who marry early to avoid zina for example. but i was wondering the majorities perspective on this?

OP, seeing you're asking these questions, what's your take on this?
Reply 36
Original post by saeed97
I want to be married by 20, pushing it 21 and at the very latest 22

I personally would want the same but it seems like 25 is the minimum haha i might finish uni secure a job then start hunting hehe jk i mean searching
Original post by HAnwar
Probably some time during university.
I don't mind either way :smile:

Wow sister hanwar. So within the next 3 years. Never knew you were so eager

Do you think it will really happen while youre still at university tho?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know some Muslims who got married at 17-18; their studies and careers were not affected. Most of them are happily married.
When ever it feels right.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending