The Student Room Group

Muslims - Would you marry early?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Indeterminate
No way!! As far as I'm concerned, you should only get married once you've found the right person. There's no rush!

Now, before someone says 'but dating his haram', I'd like to say that my family is very liberal. Also, "zina" is no big deal IMO, since I believe that it's more important to do good things!

I certainly believe there's nothing wrong with dating :smile: I personally don't understand people who say that there is
Original post by hayderm
Time to sign up to dating sites :biggrin:

For what, you or me? :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
i am disciplined how you think i discipline my desi wife, always alert when sirens ring, very annoying. i don't know what holla is you mean korla, yeah me desi girl likes to play with tdat

Please correct the way you're typing. I'm sorry, I don't even get you.
Original post by BrokenLife
Please correct the way you're typing. I'm sorry, I don't even get you.

That's what my wife said, until i (disciplined) corrected her, i think it was just sebum coming from her eye, no tear, but her parents no believe me
yh I think I would want to marry early like in 2/3 years time when I'm 22/23. But it depends on if I meet the right guy, you know my "other half" :h: we thankfully don't have any pressure to marry early or whatever, like my aunty married at 29 and another one married at 17.
That's what my wife said, until i (disciplined) corrected her, i think it was just sebum coming from her eye, no tear, but her parents no believe me

right, whats wrong with you?
Reply 106
Original post by shazy2014
I certainly believe there's nothing wrong with dating :smile: I personally don't understand people who say that there is

Dating leads to zina (and trust me people will say 'my willpower is good enough i wont fall into it, but 99% of the time people do) which is a Massive sin BUT, thats why we have engagement because u can go out be together EVEN Sleep with eachother but without intercourse, i read up and checked this. So you can check if the person is right for you or not.

For what, you or me? :smile:

BOTH :wink:
No way!! As far as I'm concerned, you should only get married once you've found the right person. There's no rush!

Now, before someone says 'but dating his haram', I'd like to say that my family is very liberal. Also, "zina" is no big deal IMO, since I believe that it's more important to do good things!

Omg I'd like to meet your parents. They seem so chilled haha :smile: Not going to say my parents are one of the oppressing ones but not as liberal as yours. I mean I don't wear a hijab and they are cool with it. However, if I ever dated someone and they found out, it won't be pleasant situation lol.

No idea. Life's too short to make ridiculous compromises.

Cool story, bro. Get a life! 😒
Original post by hayderm
Dating leads to zina (and trust me people will say 'my willpower is good enough i wont fall into it, but 99% of the time people do) which is a Massive sin BUT, thats why we have engagement because u can go out be together EVEN Sleep with eachother but without intercourse, i read up and checked this. So you can check if the person is right for you or not.

BOTH :wink:

Yeah, I guess you do have a point. Wow your a resourceful researcher aren't you! If I need anything searched up I'll be asking you from now lool

So what you're saying is if you date, and like each other after the first meeting, why not just get engaged?
right, whats wrong with you?

You mean what's wrong with my illiterate desi girl?
Yes. I wanna have kids
I love children
Reply 113
Yeah, I guess you do have a point. Wow your a resourceful researcher aren't you! If I need anything searched up I'll be asking you from now lool

So what you're saying is if you date, and like each other after the first meeting, why not just get engaged?

exactly! I mean i tried dating once :biggrin: and let me tell you theres thoughts that get in your head, were going to buy a house and get married and love eachother forever! ... no. generally if they arent willing to get engaged with you then your honestly with the wrong person. I learnt it through that and although i told my parents, they sat me down and we had a chat and i spoke to the girl and said look what were doing is haram, if you want to be on the right we should just get engaged (this was about 4 months ago and i know its young i was lost in thought) and then i just get told 'ohh naah i just wanted a temporary thing'.

If your religious, i cant remember where but there was a quote where Allah says, 'Indeed if we took your suggestions this religion would perish' so trust me when islam says something theres a good reason for it.

Long story short, If they are worth the effort then you should just get engaged and know each other that way, so much easier, no blame and no shame.
Original post by DAH F !
Yes. I wanna have kids
I love children

Omg not to sound crude but how can you love children so much!? Don't get me wrong. I LOVE babies but children of age 7-11 ...arrghh can't deal with them. I'm so worried because at one point of my life, I'll have to have children and I already feel sorry for them. 😂😂

how is zina not a big deal? Its one of the major sins. كبائر
Original post by hayderm
So this is primarily to all Muslim guys/girls however i know what most guys will say im more interested in the girls opinions.

we are all hormonal no doubt and thankfully we have had the will to hold them down this long. But since we have uni then finding a job then masters or whatever and all that.

Would you get married during University/Right after, given its your choice (i know some cultures get involved in someones marriage) and you like the person, even though you might both not be financially stable yet? Or would you prefer to secure a home/job ,etc first?

I know some who marry early to avoid zina for example. but i was wondering the majorities perspective on this?

EDIT: Heres my opinion,

18 now (as of the date posted) and i want to get married to someone mature if possible during Uni, finish then move in together but the chances of that are slim, so if not then ill focus for a couple years to secure a home and a job, then ill be searching so maybe around 25+

i disagree with the perception of dating , so i thinking marrying early is better:smile:
After uni as marriage can come in the way of uni. Yeah I would rather have a job so I have some money coming in, maybe not my dream job but still you need some money to keep stable. To be honest you can get married without having your own home, ie to avoid zinna you can have a Nikka and then move in to your parents house its halal after all.
Original post by BrokenLife
Omg not to sound crude but how can you love children so much!? Don't get me wrong. I LOVE babies but children of age 7-11 ...arrghh can't deal with them. I'm so worried because at one point of my life, I'll have to have children and I already feel sorry for them. 😂😂

I love children below the age of 5.
When they are 5 or above
My life is gonna be

Original post by hayderm
exactly! I mean i tried dating once :biggrin: and let me tell you theres thoughts that get in your head, were going to buy a house and get married and love eachother forever! ... no. generally if they arent willing to get engaged with you then your honestly with the wrong person. I learnt it through that and although i told my parents, they sat me down and we had a chat and i spoke to the girl and said look what were doing is haram, if you want to be on the right we should just get engaged (this was about 4 months ago and i know its young i was lost in thought) and then i just get told 'ohh naah i just wanted a temporary thing'.

If your religious, i cant remember where but there was a quote where Allah says, 'Indeed if we took your suggestions this religion would perish' so trust me when islam says something theres a good reason for it.

Long story short, If they are worth the effort then you should just get engaged and know each other that way, so much easier, no blame and no shame.

Yes, that makes sense! So you know the girl, was she not willing to marry you at all? or did she say she would later? What's the point of a temporary thing, that's in my opinion stupid.
And about the house, did you decide that on your first date? And can I ask how old are you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending