The Student Room Group

Doing something your parets ask that they can do for them selves.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
This is the second thread I've read of yours complaining about your parents, you don't seem to like them very much. I'm sure they have done many things for you so just show some respect.
Original post by MylittlePlusle
You're right about that. Our relationship is fine how it is.

That wasn't what i was saying u have deliberatley misinterpreted but i can't be bothered talking to u anymore.

goodluck with ur relationships ur gonna need it :colonhash:
They gave a lot growing up and spent a lot of effort and money of course on me so if they want me to go get them an Oreo and a glass of milk then it's only a small fraction of what they have given me so I think it's worth it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, of course.. I love her and her hugs. I tell her that I love her and that she's beautiful once a month

If I was your friend and you said to me, " you are beautiful once a month" I would not really consider that to be a compliment. Just saying.
Original post by Mancini
This is the second thread I've read of yours complaining about your parents, you don't seem to like them very much. I'm sure they have done many things for you so just show some respect.

I love both my parents I do respect them I just think they should do simple things for themselves, they're not in a wheelchair, bedbound or elderly.

If they needed help with something hard like carrying heavy things I would happily help them.
Original post by TeachChemistry
If I was your friend and you said to me, " you are beautiful once a month" I would not really consider that to be a compliment. Just saying.

I tell her that she's beautiful once a month, once a month Once every once I tell her that she's beautiful and that she's loved.
Reply 46
I've read some utterly stupid posts on this site but this tops it
I love both my parents I do respect them I just think they should do simple things for themselves, they're not in a wheelchair, bedbound or elderly.

If they needed help with something hard like carrying heavy things I would happily help them.

You've said you don't work, do they?

If they do then I would expect you to be doing the majority of cleaning, cooking, washing and gardening. Do you?
Reply 48

Wait a minute. Can't your parents carry heavy things for themselves ? - you're basically picking and choosing when and when not to help them out, which is wrong. So long as you're without a Job living under your parents roof, you do as your parents tell you and there's no two ways about it.
Some marvellously ignorant posts in this thread. You don't have to be your parents' servant simply because they brought you up and have done a lot for you.

It's all about the context. Occasional polite requests are one thing, but thankless demands and laziness don't need to be tolerated just because they're coming from your parents.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tan030
Wait a minute. Can't your parents carry heavy things for themselves ? - you're basically picking and choosing when and when not to help them out, which is wrong. So long as you're without a Job living under your parents roof, you do as your parents tell you and there's no two ways about it.

It was an example. If they are not able to do it I would help them. I do not like doing simple things for them that they can easily do themselves.
Reply 51
You will be wishing you had helped your parents out with the smallest of things when they are no longer around.
Original post by Compost
You've said you don't work, do they?

If they do then I would expect you to be doing the majority of cleaning, cooking, washing and gardening. Do you?

I do clean, cook and wash. I mostly cook for myself as everyone is able to cook.
Reply 53
It was an example. If they are not able to do it I would help them. I do not like doing simple things for them that they can easily do themselves.

Then move out of their house. oh wait, you can't cuz your skint...
I mostly cook for myself as everyone is able to cook.

Why do you only cook for yourself just because other people can cook? The sheer narrow-minded, egocentric selfishness of your posts in this thread just astounds me. Are you real?
(edited 8 years ago)
I do clean, cook and wash. I mostly cook for myself as everyone is able to cook.

That sounds like a waste of resources, imagine spending all that heating and water for just one person when you could have used the same amount for an entire family.

If you don't have a job then your parents are paying for you, bringing them a drink or turning on the light would be the least you could do.
Reply 56
Original post by Implication
Some marvellously ignorant posts in this thread. You don't have to be your parents' servant simply because they brought you up and have done a lot for you.

It's all about the context. Occasional polite requests are one thing, but thankless demands and laziness don't need to be tolerated just because they're coming from your parents.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You do it out of basic respect because of all they've done for you. After raising you, spending money on you to feed, wash and clothe you, not to mention put a roof over your head, you can't even do a basic demand from them because it will take up 1-2 minutes max from your life? What a disrespectful, selfish brat you and the person who created this thread must be
Original post by tan030

Picking and choosing when to help people isn't 'wrong': it's exactly how everyone else behaves in every other sphere of life. Similarly, it's pretty ridiculous to claim that you're obliged to do whatever the hell your parents tell you just because you live with them. Rudeness is rudeness and it doesn't become magically okay simply because you're letting the victim live with you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Compost
What sort of family are you if you only cook for yourself?

I live in a nuclear heterosexual family that consists of one father one other and three children.

I do cook for my family but I prefer to cook for myself as I know what I like in my food.
Reply 59
Original post by Implication
Picking and choosing when to help people isn't 'wrong': it's exactly how everyone else behaves in every other sphere of life. Similarly, it's pretty ridiculous to claim that you're obliged to do whatever the hell your parents tell you just because you live with them. Rudeness is rudeness and it doesn't become magically okay simply because you're letting the victim live with you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What the actual F*k are you on about. Your parents asking for a drink, or getting you to bring the remote or phone over (no matter how many times they ask) isn't rudeness you imbecile! And yes, picking and choosing is wrong when it comes to your parents. Your parents come before anything else

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending