The Student Room Group

I have a crush on someone I hate

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by EllainKahlo
Have you tried not arguing with her or is she just so used to it that she will argue even if you're obviously not in the mood?

Apart from meaningless small talk, all we do is argue, or ignore each other.
Original post by RainbowKiwi
I hate you! :sexface:

I don't know you so I can't hate you, but if you're just after sex I can pretend I hate you... you horrible cow!!!
Original post by Bbrrian
She's not what I would usually consider good looking, but lately I'm rethinking my preferences. I wouldn't says she's girly either.
Late teens/early 20's.

Maybe she kinda fancies you too and you recognise this subconciously? Think about it, if she really didn't give a **** would she really bother to go through all this trouble to wind you up, unless she does this with everyone but you said that actually she's quite nice to other people

What do you want to happen? Do you want to just hook up with her or get to know her or just get her to stop bothering you?
Original post by tootles44
Im just curious: when guys say they fancy girls do they mean primarily her looks or does personality come into it like it does for girls? Because as a girl I have never fancied someone cause of their looks, its always been as a result of their personality

For guys, IME at least:

Fancying her = she looks hot, I'd like to shag her.
Liking her= she has a nice personality, attractive, I'd like to take her on a date.
Original post by Bbrrian
Whoa, let's not bring love into this. I don't love this girl. I'm just wildly attracted, and a bit infatuated. But NOT in love.

Oops :mmm: attraction is a form of love, just not centred from the heart if you know what I mean...
Original post by Bbrrian
Apart from meaningless small talk, all we do is argue, or ignore each other.

Have you been working with her a long time? Your relationship with her might change so I'd just wait and see what happens. Do you think you'd want to date her in the future?
Original post by WoodyMKC
For guys, IME at least:

Fancying her = she looks hot, I'd like to shag her.
Liking her= she has a nice personality, attractive, I'd like to take her on a date.

You take personality into account, that's nice :smile:
Reply 47
Original post by tootles44
Maybe she kinda fancies you too and you recognise this subconciously? Think about it, if she really didn't give a **** would she really bother to go through all this trouble to wind you up, unless she does this with everyone but you said that actually she's quite nice to other people

What do you want to happen? Do you want to just hook up with her or get to know her or just get her to stop bothering you?

Maybe she does feel the same but I'm not gonna ask because if the feeling is not mutual then I think she's won.
I think I just want to hook up. I don't want her to go away but I don't want a relationship either because if we ever got together we would drive each other insane.
Reply 48
Original post by iSerendipity
Oops :mmm: attraction is a form of love, just not centred from the heart if you know what I mean...

Lol go away :biggrin:
I don't know you so I can't hate you, but if you're just after sex I can pretend I hate you... you horrible cow!!!

Thought you said in another thread you don't hate anyone tho?

Original post by enaayrah
You're fcking annoying

omg :mmm:
Reply 50
Original post by EllainKahlo
Have you been working with her a long time? Your relationship with her might change so I'd just wait and see what happens. Do you think you'd want to date her in the future?

Nah, I haven't known her for too long. It's still a bit fresh. No, I don't think I'd want a relationship with her, just attraction.
Reply 51
Why this is weird. I had the same exact problem. It could even be the same girl lol.

We got along for a while and then would argue, then not talk to each other. I ended up hating her because of all the bad things she did. I don't know if she hated me but I would say things to annoy her because of how she treated me before. I couldn't let it go. Eventually we just stopped talking to each other completely, I didn't even look at her, she eventually left and I was sad after a while but now it's like whatever. I still like her a bit.

My advice would be to apologise and try to get along with her. If it doesn't work out then at least you tried.
Original post by Sicaspeak
Wow, this is basically the plot of most poorly written fanfiction!

This is what I was thinking.
Reply 53
Original post by orka
Why this is weird. I had the same exact problem. It could even be the same girl lol.

We got along for a while and then would argue, then not talk to each other. I ended up hating her because of all the bad things she did. I don't know if she hated me but I would say things to annoy her because of how she treated me before. I couldn't let it go. Eventually we just stopped talking to each other completely, I didn't even look at her, she eventually left and I was sad after a while but now it's like whatever. I still like her a bit.

My advice would be to apologise and try to get along with her. If it doesn't work out then at least you tried.

Ah man, it's the same situation over here. Nah, I'm not going to apologise to her because I don't think I've done anything wrong. And I have too much pride to let her win this.
Original post by iSerendipity
You take personality into account, that's nice :smile:

Of course, don't wanna spend my days with a miserable, uninteresting biatch :lol:
Original post by RainbowKiwi
Thought you said in another thread you don't hate anyone tho?

omg :mmm:

Yeah............... but I can pretend to :biggrin:
Original post by Bbrrian
Lol go away :biggrin:

Okay, love :getmecoat:

Of course, don't wanna spend my days with a miserable, uninteresting biatch :lol:

Amen to that :lol:
Reply 57
Original post by Bbrrian
Ah man, it's the same situation over here. Nah, I'm not going to apologise to her because I don't think I've done anything wrong. And I have too much pride to let her win this.

There's been a million moments in my life when I apologised even when I thought I was in the right. Every time I didn't apologise I regretted it.

You don't have to apologise, just start talking again. I really liked the girl and I wish I could go back to fix things. Now I still think about her a lot.
Reply 58
Original post by orka
There's been a million moments in my life when I apologised even when I thought I was in the right. Every time I didn't apologise I regretted it.

You don't have to apologise, just start talking again. I really liked the girl and I wish I could go back to fix things. Now I still think about her a lot.

Hmm, I'll probably just try to start some small talk but if she's rude I won't try again. I don't wanna regret anything
Reply 59
Original post by Bbrrian
Hmm, I'll probably just try to start some small talk but if she's rude I won't try again. I don't wanna regret anything

Well you made a thread about it so it obviously bothers you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending