The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by spotify95
This thread is 9 years old!!!!! Did you bump that? :biggrin:

I wish I had a digital account so I could start bumping old, juicy threads up - possibly from the Music or Radio section! :biggrin:

Also, I agree with "storyofmylife" in that the search facility is non existent - I cannot find anything at all via the search facility! You're better off searching what you want in Google, starting the search with "site:forums.digitalspy.co.uk" (so it searches on the DS forums only).

P.S. I wonder if that "storyofmylife" user listens to, or is a fan of, One Direction - as that was one of their single titles! :biggrin:

:yep: I did! :biggrin:
Original post by pinkteddyx64
:yep: I did! :biggrin:

I thought that you were behind most of the thread bumpings on there :biggrin: Keep up the good work, let me know if there are any more bumped threads!
I thought that you were behind most of the thread bumpings on there :biggrin: Keep up the good work, let me know if there are any more bumped threads!

I will! :yep:

By the way, do you know where this is? :wink:

DSC_0142.jpg
I will! :yep:

By the way, do you know where this is? :wink:

DSC_0142.jpg

Some sort of steelworks place, by the looks of it - am I right?
Some sort of steelworks place, by the looks of it - am I right?

:yep: The fields next to Scunthorpe steelworks! :yep:
:yep: The fields next to Scunthorpe steelworks! :yep:

I thought that building thing in the distance was Scunthorpe's Steelworks site! :biggrin:

Btw, have you got any images to add to our propaganda video? Next time I go into university I will take some more photos, possibly including the Queens' Foyer area, with or without the Metal Halides!

I wonder if or when DMU get round to replacing those ancient fittings, what they should replace them with? It's quite a large foyer area with an extremely high ceiling (the ceiling is one of those see through roofs which let the natural light in) so any type of light fitting attached to the ceiling is impossible as it would require a very tall hoist to fix the fittings (including very long chains/ropes to out the fittings at the ground floor height) - plus, maintaining said fittings if they failed would also require a hoist! Hence the fittings would have to spot light type fittings which anchor to the walls?
(edited 8 years ago)
I thought that building thing in the distance was Scunthorpe's Steelworks site! :biggrin:

Btw, have you got any images to add to our propaganda video? Next time I go into university I will take some more photos, possibly including the Queens' Foyer area, with or without the Metal Halides!

I wonder if or when DMU get round to replacing those ancient fittings, what they should replace them with? It's quite a large foyer area with an extremely high ceiling (the ceiling is one of those see through roofs which let the natural light in) so any type of light fitting attached to the ceiling is impossible as it would require a very tall hoist to fix the fittings (including very long chains/ropes to out the fittings at the ground floor height) - plus, maintaining said fittings if they failed would also require a hoist! Hence the fittings would have to spot light type fittings which anchor to the walls?

Yes I have got some! :yep:
:biggrin:
:colone:
:colonhash:
A new contender has emerged
Reply 4496
player 2 has entered the game
Reply 4498
Original post by AngryJellyfish
:noway: :blow:

:aetsch:
:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

Latest