The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yeah Rapaz essentially said what I was thinking
Original post by Depleted
That's because you have a warped sense of humanity and little understanding of their plight. They've been offered safety in camps, which is Hungary trying to solve a problem that's long term with a short term fix made permanent

Well of course, nobody on here does. Don't even try and pretend otherwise.

Would you house several Eritreans at your cost, or do you just expect someone else to do it?
sr90 has a point.

Shaw will go up in the live updates. Keep your hair on.
Original post by sr90
Well of course, nobody on here does. Don't even try and pretend otherwise.

Would you house several Eritreans at your cost, or do you just expect someone else to do it?

Not true. People here have had family who've lived through terror regimes.

I would gladly house refugees yes. Or adopt refugee orphans.
@little_wizard123
Do you get a free copy?:biggrin:
I would gladly house refugees yes. Or adopt refugee orphans.

Do you own your own home? If so have you let the council know you are willing to take one in?
Original post by Rk2k14
@little_wizard123
Do you get a free copy?:biggrin:

Yeah, but it's on PS3 because I haven't got around to getting a PS4 yet :'(
Original post by little_wizard123
Yeah, but it's on PS3 because I haven't got around to getting a PS4 yet :'(

Should have asked for both.:wink:

What do you do, if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by Rk2k14
Should have asked for both.:wink:

What do you do, if you don't mind me asking?

For EA? Ratings, boot and kit updates. Mainly for Villa (and Dagenham).
Original post by little_wizard123
For EA? Ratings, boot and kit updates. Mainly for Villa (and Dagenham).

You sworn to a secret code. Thou shall not reveal anything.
Original post by Rk2k14
You sworn to a secret code. Thou shall not reveal anything.

Pretty much.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Do you own your own home? If so have you let the council know you are willing to take one in?

We're talking theoretically here, obviously I don't own my own home. But I have humanity, so yes I would house people fleeing from war. They're human just like us.
We're talking theoretically here, obviously I don't own my own home.

So it's a waste of a pissing post then and shouldn't be taken seriously.

do you just expect someone else to do it?
What exactly is your point? That if somebody can't personally accommodate a refugee, then they shouldn't be able to campaign for the society that they're a part of to collectively do so?
Original post by sr90
99% of these refugees are economic migrants. They're offered safety in places like Hungary but nope, they want the benefits, healthcare and free housing in Britain. I sympathise with their plight but I don't want them here.

99% my ****ing arse. More like 1%; what's your source. And people on this site keep purporting this myth that Hungary is offering them shelter when their PM rhetoric says they're not welcomed and he created a 12 point anti immigrants survey and wants to bring back the death penalty for dealing with these aliens.

So please show me source for them been offered places in Hungary. Also Hungary has received the second highest asylum seeker application- so much for them wanting the benefit heaven of Britain (something I'm sure majority of them don't know exists).
(edited 8 years ago)
Europe is absolutely ****ed,lets be honest.
No it isn't.
We're talking theoretically here, obviously I don't own my own home. But I have humanity, so yes I would house people fleeing from war. They're human just like us.

Actually, culture is hugely important. Importing millions of young men from the middle east is not going to be fun.

Islam is already a plague over our roofs
(edited 8 years ago)
The country made its views on empathy perfectly clear on May 7th.
Original post by atom y humber
99% my ****ing arse. More like 1%; what's your source. And people on this site keep purporting this myth that Hungary is offering them shelter when their PM rhetoric says they're not welcomed and he created a 12 point anti immigrants survey and wants to bring back the death penalty for dealing with these aliens.So please show me source for them been offered places in Hungary. Also Hungary has received the second highest asylum seeker application- so much for them wanting the benefit heaven of Britain (something I'm sure majority of them don't know exists).

Good post, making up figures is a speciality of sr90. As you say Hungary is telling them to get the **** out.

As for Britain, this country's apathy is absolutely disgusting.

Latest