The Student Room Group

Why is it foreign men that always flirt?

What is it with foreign men that always flirt? Specifically South Asians and Europeans.

I went to the Post Office the other day to buy some things. The guy at the counter (South Asian) said 'hi, beautiful lady'.. this was when I was 16. The guy looked like he was in his 30's. I get told that I look like a baby-faced chipmunk.

Just today in Sainsburys, I had a foreign guy (another South Asian; he was a worker) say 'excuse me, young ladies' then had a huge smile that lasted for a minute. The only people that were in front of him was me, my friend and middle aged women.
Probably because I was wearing shorts and he saw my behind that he smiled. He followed me to self checkout and only offered help to me. I was only buying one item. Not my friend or any other customer. It was busy also.
Then my friend's dad said he'll buy my item along with his food. Then he asks if you're together. I said yes. So then that's how the guy disappeared. He doesn't even help other customers he just goes off and talks to one of his co-workers. The guy probably got frightened that I had an grown adult with me.

Last year, my friend had a European guy that was flirting with her to get her to buy something. My friend is like 1'40 tall. She looks like 12 and she had this guy hitting on her. Somewhat creepy. We were like 15/16. The guy looked like in his late 20's.

It's foreign workers that do this? They don't excessively flirt, most of them... they just seem perverted!

Anyone with stories to share?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Because they thirst af. They never saw something as bootalicious as brits.
They wonna get laid and think you are easy a target.
Reply 3
Original post by hihihihihi
They wonna get laid and think you are easy a target.

To be fair, OP probably is.
Original post by Anonymous

Last year, my friend had a European guy that was flirting with her to get her to buy something. My friend is like 1'40 tall. She looks like 12 and she had this guy hitting on her. Somewhat creepy. We were like 15/16. The guy looked like in his late 20's.

He sounds like a champ, your friend should have agreed.
What is it with foreign men that always flirt? Specifically South Asians and Europeans.

I went to the Post Office the other day to buy some things. The guy at the counter (South Asian) said 'hi, beautiful lady'.. this was when I was 16. The guy looked like he was in his 30's. I get told that I look like a baby-faced chipmunk.

Just today in Sainsburys, I had a foreign guy (another South Asian; he was a worker) say 'excuse me, young ladies' then had a huge smile that lasted for a minute. The only people that were in front of him was me, my friend and middle aged women.
Probably because I was wearing shorts and he saw my behind that he smiled. He followed me to self checkout and only offered help to me. I was only buying one item. Not my friend or any other customer. It was busy also.
Then my friend's dad said he'll buy my item along with his food. Then he asks if you're together. I said yes. So then that's how the guy disappeared. He doesn't even help other customers he just goes off and talks to one of his co-workers. The guy probably got frightened that I had an grown adult with me.

It's foreign workers that do this? They don't excessively flirt, most of them... they just seem perverted!

Anyone with stories to share?

both foreign and non-foreign men give unwanted attention in my opinion. Its more about how desperate they are rather from where they're from tbh.

My idea is that, being foreign, they do not feel the same social pressures in our culture that we do - or those they would normally have where they're from, because they're not 'at home' either.

In other words, they feel a lot more free to act like a freak. It's easy to behave differently to an "out group".
Don't flatter yourself gal--- Dey want dat dellicious passport not ya booty
Reply 8
It's more a question of why British men don't flirt as much as men from every other nation.

That's the opposite of specific.

Anyway, it's just different cultures init, it's most likely normal behaviour to them.
Reply 10
I call bull****.

As if any employee could get away with leaving their assigned task to follow a group of girls to the checkouts when there are other employees/managers around. There are also usually employees assigned to those self-service checkouts, so I doubt anyone would get away with the behavour you're suggesting.

Same with the Post Office. Was he the only employee around? Would he say those things in front of other customers? If you're going to make stuff up, at least make sure it's plausible.

Bet you're one of the many frustrated white boys on TSR who make threads as Anon attacking everything that isn't white, male and british.

Loser. :laugh:
(edited 8 years ago)
English men are too reserved and so are English women. These men are probably puzzled why the English are so uptight.

We're a culture that doesn't like to show emotion in public and will only show it when drunk. It's like the English need booze to flirt.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 12
Maybe you aren't fit?
Original post by Yawn!
I call bull****.

As if any employee could get away with leaving their assigned task to follow a group of girls to the checkouts when there are other employees/managers around. There are also usually employees assigned to those self-service checkouts, so I doubt anyone would get away with the behavour you're suggesting.

Same with the Post Office. Was he the only employee around? Would he say those things in front of other customers? If you're going to make stuff up, at least make sure it's plausible.

Bet you're one of the many frustrated white boys on TSR who make threads as Anon attacking everything that isn't white, male and british.

Loser. :laugh:

All the employees were South Asian. I'm not being racist. But just putting it out there. There were lots of customers too for a local Sainsburys. So everyone there was doing their own thing. One minute he was pushing a trolley then he suddenly came up to me when I was in the self checkout queue, took me to a free checkout and offered help.

He was the only one at the counter. I was the only customer. No one queued up for that counter. I was just buying revision cards there.

Nah. I'm not even British ethnically.
Original post by FireGarden
My idea is that, being foreign, they do not feel the same social pressures in our culture that we do - or those they would normally have where they're from, because they're not 'at home' either.

In other words, they feel a lot more free to act like a freak. It's easy to behave differently to an "out group".

Truth.
Reply 15
All the employees were South Asian. I'm not being racist. But just putting it out there. There were lots of customers too for a local Sainsburys. So everyone there was doing their own thing. One minute he was pushing a trolley then he suddenly came up to me when I was in the self checkout queue, took me to a free checkout and offered help.

He was the only one at the counter. I was the only customer. No one queued up for that counter. I was just buying revision cards there.

Nah. I'm not even British ethnically.

1) All the employees in the store were South Asian......really?

And your story has suddenly changed...

One minute he was pushing a trolley then he suddenly came up to me when I was in the self checkout queue...

When you originally said.

I had a foreign guy (another South Asian; he was a worker) say 'excuse me, young ladies' then had a huge smile that lasted for a minute. The only people that were in front of him was me, my friend and middle aged women.
Probably because I was wearing shorts and he saw my behind that he smiled. He followed me to self checkout and only offered help to me.

So which is it? He leered at you (he was just standing there smiling at you (with or without a trolley?) in a 'busy store' for a minute) and then followed you to the checkouts with you aware of it, or he was pushing a trolley and then 'suddenly' came up to you at the checkouts?

2) So by your own words, he wasn't the only one in the Post Office in terms of employees and customers, and no where is isolated for him to say things out of earshot, yet...he was willing to say those things to you, willing to possibly face disciplinary action, lose his job or even face police action.......

Nah, I call bull****. I don't believe a word you're saying. Try harder, troll.

Oh and British isn't an ethnicity.
Original post by Yawn!
1) All the employees in the store were South Asian......really?

And your story has suddenly changed...

When you originally said.

So which is it? He leered at you (he was just standing there smiling at you (with or without a trolley?) in a 'busy store' for a minute) and then followed you to the checkouts with you aware of it, or he was pushing a trolley and then 'suddenly' came up to you at the checkouts?

2) So by your own words, he wasn't the only one in the Post Office in terms of employees and customers, and no where is isolated for him to say things out of earshot, yet...he was willing to say those things to you, willing to possibly face disciplinary action, lose his job or even face police action.......

Nah, I call bull****. I don't believe a word you're saying. Try harder, troll.

Oh and British isn't an ethnicity.

He said 'excuse me, young ladies' because he was pushing a trolley. Can't you put one and one together? Once he was done pushing the trolley he came up to me at self checkout.

Mate, are you trying to defend people of your race? If I say it is so, then it is so.

It technically is. Don't you get those forms that need you to tick a box off so that they know your race? White British is one of those boxes.
Reply 17
He said 'excuse me, young ladies' because he was pushing a trolley. Can't you put one and one together? Once he was done pushing the trolley he came up to me at self checkout.

Mate, are you trying to defend people of your race? If I say it is so, then it is so.

It technically is. Don't you get those forms that need you to tick a box off so that they know your race? White British is one of those boxes.

Answer my question, was the entire store made up of South Asians?

So this guy spent 'a minute' smiling/perving at you, then pushed his trolley someplace (where), and then came back to help you/perv some more at a self-service checkout, and all this right in front of other employees/customers....nah, it just doesn't seem plausible to me--

--And that's why I'm challenging you. Funny how you make it into a race issue. So questioning your story in any way means 'defending my race' does it????. LOL. What are you on?

Besides, they may be part of my 'race', but I doubt they're part of my community, any more than white Israelis, white Polish and white Brits are part of the same community.

I note that you haven't addressed the post office point at all.

Those forms also have Black or 'Black British', Asian or 'Asian British'. You said you're 'Not British ethnically' .....meaning?

Also, why Anon?
Original post by Yawn!
Answer my question, was the entire store made up of South Asians?

So this guy spent 'a minute' smiling/perving at you, then pushed his trolley someplace (where), and then came back to help you/perv some more at a self-service checkout, and all this right in front of other employees/customers....nah, it just doesn't seem plausible to me--

--And that's why I'm challenging you. Funny how you make it into a race issue. So questioning your story in any way means 'defending my race' does it????. LOL. What are you on?

Besides, they may be part of my 'race', but I doubt they're part of my community, any more than white Israelis, white Polish and white Brits are part of the same community.

I note that you haven't addressed the post office point at all.

Those forms also have Black or 'Black British', Asian or 'Asian British'. You said you're 'Not British ethnically' .....meaning?

Also, why Anon?

Ye, it was made up of South Asians. I visited in the evening. He was talking to his co-worker in their own language. I'll even tell you where the store is.

Well, nothing is impossible.

What are you on? Have a little trust into what you're reading. I might be exaggerating but what I have said in here is what I've seen from my eyes.

If you go to Kings Cross Post Office, you'll know there's a counter where you can buy certain stuff such as stationary and gifts. Barely anyone goes there. Only one person is behind the counter or no one. The guy was quiet also. He weren't shouting it -_-

Mate, have you ever met any British people? My friend is British but she's got something mixed in her as well. British is a race.
Reply 19
Ye, it was made up of South Asians. I visited in the evening. He was talking to his co-worker in their own language. I'll even tell you where the store is.

Well, nothing is impossible.

What are you on? Have a little trust into what you're reading. I might be exaggerating but what I have said in here is what I've seen from my eyes.

If you go to Kings Cross Post Office, you'll know there's a counter where you can buy certain stuff such as stationary and gifts. Barely anyone goes there. Only one person is behind the counter or no one. The guy was quiet also. He weren't shouting it -_-

Mate, have you ever met any British people? My friend is British but she's got something mixed in her as well. British is a race.

Have I met British people....seriously?

British is a nationality. White British is a race. Learn the difference.

I find it hard to take seriously the ramblings of an individual who goes after 'foreigners', seems not to be British (in any way) herself, and hides behind Anon.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending