The Student Room Group

I always meet "perfect" girls on holiday?

It's happened 4 to 6 times in my 21 years so far.

I'll go on holiday and I'll bump into a girl who completes me on all levels. Of course some times it was unrequited, but when it was mutual, I felt a sense of shame and of course sadness that I will have to leave them for ever?

It's really frustrating... maybe the UK isn't the best place to be for me lol

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
It's happened 4 to 6 times in my 21 years so far.

I'll go on holiday and I'll bump into a girl who completes me on all levels. Of course some times it was unrequited, but when it was mutual, I felt a sense of shame and of course sadness that I will have to leave them for ever?

It's really frustrating... maybe the UK isn't the best place to be for me lol

Or maybe you should take advantage of the technology that exists? Surely this means that you can keep in touch with them and eventually make it work.
Reply 2
QUOTE=tiannajohnson;59174889]Or maybe you should take advantage of the technology that exists? Surely this means that you can keep in touch with them and eventually make it work.[ QUOTE]

La vie n'est pas virtuelle.

Relationships can't be sustained through technology.
Reply 3
Yeah, I know the feeling

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
QUOTE=Andy98;59174981]Yeah, I know the feeling

Posted from TSR Mobile[ QUOTE]

"It's the time of the season..."
ship them all to the UK and we'll have a gangbang, then
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
La vie n'est pas virtuelle.

Relationships can't be sustained through technology.

Perhaps not; but they can at least be 'topped up'.
Reply 7
QUOTE=zippity.doodah;59175023]ship them all to the UK and we'll have a gangbang, then[ QUOTE]

You in?
Reply 8
QUOTE=Profesh;59175059]Perhaps not; but they can at least be 'topped up'.[ QUOTE]

Good'un
Reply 9
Tell me about your relationship with your mother?
I didn't mean the relationship itself to be maintained but if you actually like them and you're serious about this then keeping touch is the bare minimum. You can sort out meeting up with each other later.
QUOTE=Lyserg;59175163]Tell me about your relationship with your mother?[ QUOTE]

We're really close.

She does work a lot, so during the week I'll only see her from 8pm onwards.

It's the relationship with my dad which isn't great.
Reply 12
Completes you on all levels? You cannot know these girls very well from meeting them on holiday. It's a romance fantasy you are getting washed away by.
QUOTE=jazjaz;59175285]Completes you on all levels? You cannot know these girls very well from meeting them on holiday. It's a romance fantasy you are getting washed away by.[ QUOTE]

Most likely. But one in particular we had a thing going on for 5 years... I'd like to think I knew her quite well.

But you're right. That's the whole point of this question, I just wish I had these things at home, rather than one-offs that I had to let go of.
I always meet nice boys when I'm on holiday, I usually give them my number. It has never ended up in anything serious though.
Original post by zippity.doodah
ship them all to the UK and we'll have a gangbang, then

lmao no chill
Story of my life.

My 2 main relationships have been long-distance because of this.

Most foreign accents have me weak at the knees.
Holiday romances were way better before Facebook. It's all about the mystery and exoticism and relaxing-ness of the holiday
QUOTE=scrotgrot;59175551]Holiday romances were way better before Facebook. It's all about the mystery and exoticism and relaxing-ness of the holiday[ QUOTE]

That's why I avoid Facebook or anything similar right now...
Maybe they are only "perfect" because you see them for such a short period of time. If you met the same "perfect" girl in the UK then you would see her for a longer period of time, just long enough to notice any flaws? There is no such thing as perfect, believe me! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest