The Student Room Group

Small business ideas you could start whilst at uni?

Anyone have any good business ideas that are low cost that could be done alongside studies?
Original post by pmprin
Anyone have any good business ideas that are low cost that could be done alongside studies?

Surely people would keep good ideas to themselves?!?
Reply 2
Original post by Banana00
Surely people would keep good ideas to themselves?!?

Im not talking about re-inventing the wheel here (i.e. facebook)...I mean small scale ideas that cost nothing to do, like a delivery service round campus, promoting etc...
Sell your knickers online
Reply 4
Helping STEM students get GF/BF.
Original post by pmprin
Im not talking about re-inventing the wheel here (i.e. facebook)...I mean small scale ideas that cost nothing to do, like a delivery service round campus, promoting etc...

Okay - you could deal with laundry?
Or if you are creative you could design handmade cards and sell them?
Reply 6
Original post by Maker

hahaha this has serious potential.
Reply 7
Original post by scrotgrot
Sell your knickers online

Fanx ask your dad if he is in the market for any plz.
Hire the rugby team and run a business where you knock on people's room and charge them "protection money". If they don't agree, just get the rugby team to show them how valuable protection is
Original post by Maker

Helping humanities students get a job
Original post by pmprin

How about delivering things around the campus :biggrin: or promoting stuff :biggrin:
Reply 11
Original post by scrotgrot
Helping humanities students get a job

Most students could do with help getting jobs.
How about:
Running a washing and/or ironing service for other students (you're investing in laziness!)
Proof reading and copy editing essays and dissertations (if your English is top notch)
Invest in a reliable van and advertise for weekend delivery work > pay for the van first, and then you're into profit.
Trading online, sell your notes to students, dog walking, recycling (students will drink a lot lots of bottles), paid surveys, clinical trials
I can only think of doing cleaning jobs for other people. i.e. cleaning other people's rooms or maybe a catering service.
Online surveys are a really good idea to earn some money.
I've been using panel opinion since at least a year and I've never had any issue. Paid out via bank transfer. They don't always send emails when there are new surveys, you have to log on to check if there are any surveys. Follow them on Facebook and Twitter to find out more and join them today to earn some great rewards!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending