The Student Room Group

Why do white people...

Scroll to see replies

Tell that to the farmers of Zimbabwe. White people are discriminated against and racially abused in non white areas, so when white people are no longer the majority you can feel better. Trouble is, when this happens white people won't have any white majority countries to flee to if persecuted and what not, hope you're happy.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-132504/Zimbabwe-white-farmers-fight-flee.html
http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2006/oct/22/ukcrime.race that by the guardian(and that says something for how left wing the guardian is.)

https://violenceagainstwhites.wordpress.com/statistics/ check out the stats on that website, found this when I was looking for south African statistics. All linked to news articles.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Hello121212
Why do Caucasian people get discriminated the least or hardly.
I can post tons of videos of ignorant white people being racist towards other ethnicities I can hardly find anything the other way around. Especially if lets say a black man or a Russian or a Muslim commit a crime and if you look at the comments on the news article you will literally see most white people ranting and blaming the whole race/religion bull**** but when a white person commits a crime, no one is going to blame the white people. Almost every school shooter is white, almost every person who have set fire and blown up abortion clinics are white. For the record i am mixed race. Well yes, of course white privileges exist but the extent of the privileges is extremely high, where as if you are white you can do anything without getting judged, literally. (I don't hate white people, my dads white) Well, what are you're thoughts ?

it's not so black and white (if you'll excuse the pun)white people get discriminated against by black asians a well it's just in the west there are more of us. what is weird is any mugging on the news or assaults by white people against other ethnicities is billed as racially motivated which i find weird.

I think a lot of the negativity you feel stems from the current terrorist threat the world is facing. I remember back in the 90's and I have herd before the Irish got a lot of discrimination because or the IRA. The currant threat comes from the east but trust me if it was white people committing terrorist acts on a massive scale like isis we'd get the same.
Original post by GdotMdot
The only culture the British Caucasians have is eating fish and chips, and going binge drinking.

Fish and chips was created by sephardic jews if i remember correctly
Original post by Conservationofmass
Tell that to the farmers of Zimbabwe. White people are discriminated against and racially abused in non white areas, so when white people are no longer the majority you can feel better. Trouble is, when this happens white people won't have any white majority countries to flee to if persecuted and what not, hope you're happy.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-132504/Zimbabwe-white-farmers-fight-flee.html
http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2006/oct/22/ukcrime.race that by the guardian(and that says something for how left wing the guardian is.)

White persecution of farmers in Zimb is terrible however it is contextually different from persecution of lets say blacks in the uk. You cannot compare the two. In the uk scenario you've got people that were systematically persecuted for being black, whilst in the other you've got people who were deemed systematically superior having their power and wealth stripped of them by the opressed
Original post by TheTruthTeller
White persecution of farmers in Zimb is terrible however it is contextually different from persecution of lets say blacks in the uk. You cannot compare the two. In the uk scenario you've got people that were systematically persecuted for being black, whilst in the other you've got people who were deemed systematically superior having their power and wealth stripped of them by the opressed

Black people aren't persecuted in the UK. Don't try that with me.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 65
Why are so many white guys pedophiles like Jimmy saville, Jerry Sandusky, Roman Polanski and jarred fogle just to name a few famous pedos.
Original post by slade p
Why are so many white guys pedophiles like Jimmy saville, Jerry Sandusky, Roman Polanski and jarred fogle just to name a few famous pedos.

I hope you're not implying white people are more likely to be pedophiles, that's like claiming black people are more likely to be thieves........... Of course in the latter it's that the police are racist....
Of course both are which are wrong statements, or do you think both are true ?
Reply 67
I hope you're not implying white people are more likely to be pedophiles, that's like claiming black people are more likely to be thieves........... Of course in the latter it's that the police are racist....
Of course both are which are wrong statements, or do you think both are true ?

Of course I'm implying whites are more likely to be pedophiles and I say it because the crime stats show it, go research it yourself. I'm not just saying it because of a few examples.

Whatever the stats show is the truth.
Reply 68
I think its a matter of perception.
Original post by slade p
Of course I'm implying whites are more likely to be pedophiles and I say it because the crime stats show it, go research it yourself. I'm not just saying it because of a few examples.

Whatever the stats show is the truth.

I'd be careful about saying stats are the truth, that would be considered racist if it was a white person justifying those views with the stats lmao.
Reply 70
I'd be careful about saying stats are the truth, that would be considered racist if it was a white person justifying those views with the stats lmao.

If a racist justifies certain views because of accurate stats then it doesn't change that the stats are right.
[QUOTE="AaronImpresswell;59160693"]For every 100 university applicants using the UCAS system, Pakistani candidates receive 7 fewer offers than their white counterparts, while Bangladeshi and black applicants receive 5 less.

http://www.theguardian.com/education/2014/jul/23/ethnic-minority-students-fewer-university-offers-research-shows[/QUOTE]

I can tell you about my experience.

In my college I did Access to HE together with the foundation course of young students, and only 3 mature students.

The other two mature students didn't get it seriously and failed. One of them was a British arrogant lady who believed everything will happen to her because she wants so.
The other mature student was black with Ghana origins but came from Belgium. Incredibly talented I can assure you, but he had lots of responsibilities having a big family, lots of kids and the recent wife in uni too. He was the worker and the supplier. That is how he failed too, and I was so sorry for him, I never before saw such talented person.

The youngsters were openly careless. Mix of races - Asians, blacks, British whites etc - all of the born in Britain, but careless. All of them went to uni. No matter the colour of the skin.

I am East European, and definitely white, if you judge the colour. I had the troubles to get to uni and to get my results. I worked 7 times more than the other students. Just people in the college met me with very ugly negative expectations and openly told me we don't believe you are going to do it. I had to do all the exams which normally a British kid has to do years and years, also I had to show my abilities in short term time and to cover much higher expectations and to convince people OPENLY prejudiced against Bulgarians and what Bulgarians do in Britain.

It is not at all racism all the time, I experienced I am afraid a lot of the reverse racism together with a lot of prejudices against East Europeans.

I think people pay too much attention to the problem and that is the real problem.

I didn't let myself to be unhappy. Well, I had a few cries ...but that didn't stop me.

Just don't let something like that to stop you. It is a stupid prejudice and people really do it no matter this direction or the other direction.

Everybody involved in racism is unhappy. The most unhappy person is the racist, trust me. Who is happy in his skin, cannot do racism.

I had also attack from blacks being jealous about me. In one of my GCSE classes I was the only one with pale skin, everybody else was coloured to the darkest possible shade. They harassed me organised, I was called 'white trash', I was called 'rubbish', once they caught me in the corner and coloured my face in black.
Young people all born in UK.....some of them Arabic, some blacks, most of them Muslims.....

How that sounds to you? very nice, isn't it? happened in the 'tolerant' Britain......

I overcame it and I got my results much better than them. Ok, I am 'white rubbish', but they didn't even pass. I got the maximum. Who wins?
(edited 8 years ago)
Because they are the master race
Original post by Itsallaconundrum
The thing is, in the uk racism *is more of a closet issue. Publicly, people are more politically correct however, if you go to places whereby you are truly the minority like at conferences or even the outskirts you can see those negative attitudes shine through. *via people expressions or their initial demeanour around you.*
Even in the media, many races are not truly represented; its seldom you'll find an Asian or black women on tv (I'm not talking about the light skinned ones)! Lol and when you do, they are in their perceived stereotyped *roles. -_-*

People expect you to behave in with the preconceived *stereotype of your race and in that sense, people of so called "ethnic minority" (a term which is also placed there to make other races seem inferior btw) have to work twice as hard to obtain certain things that unfortunately their white counterparts can get with less work.*

That said, I know a lot of trolls will think that I'm being racist. That is not the case. Indeed you have white people who do work hard just like everyone else to stand out from the crowd. However, in this world (especially in the previously colonised areas of the world) there is still this idea that white people and lighted skinned people are superior to the others. Let's be honest here please.*

I agree with you in all details.

Also there is extreme racism going on in the Northern European countries which I believe no black person ever experienced.

I can tell another story from my 'closet'.

I lived and worked in the Netherlands for a while. My boss was platinum blonde and extremely beautiful mix in between Dutch-Spanish-Australian woman.

She openly came to my desk and openly harassed me about the colour of my skin and hair. I am pretty fair, something like dark blonde with a shade of reddish. Pale skin too.

Well, that woman came to me and pulled out a hair from my scalp. Then she put it close to her hair so platinum blonde bright light and nearly white.

Then she told me, how do you expect ever to have a high status, you are nothing.

Hmmm.....and blacks complain from little gestures....any of you ever harassed like me about not being platinum blonde, only dark blonde?
Original post by sqwertylol
7 or 5 fewer per 100 isn't really that many.
but step back a minute. Why would every race get the same no. of offers per 100 applicants? of course there are going to be differences. showing that they dont get the exact same doesnt mean theres racism. whats more likely is these pakistani and black etc minorities live in poorer areas. therefore lower grades and worse personal statement. that'd lead to fewer offers right?
also, i'd say old school unis which are referred to in that article - who are the supposed 'racists' - wouldn't they be more discriminitave towards black students rather than pakistani? but if you look black are more likely to get in than pakistani. only by 2 (7-5) though.

Why would they be more discriminating towards black students than students from Pakistan? Based on what exactly? Plus, 5 & 7 fewer university offers represents a huge amount when applied to the whole UCAS application system year in, year out.

No racism at all here then?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24902389
Original post by MrKmas508
White people dont get racially abused here because it's a white majority country. You can generalise about minorities but never majorities because the majority own the media and therefore societal opinions. Racism exists in every country in the world and mocking and abusing minorities in foreign countries is not unusual. I know that you've never lived anywhere else but you have to understand that white countries are the least racist in the world which is depressing but extremely true. Being mixed race might feel like you're stuck between two communities and you can't fit in with both of them however you need to try to.

That's not true, having lived in other countries I can safely say that people of lighter skin are usually favoured upon- might actually be less true for european countries because of recent human development but nevertheless racism to non-whites exists to a greater extent when compared to the counterpart.
Original post by GdotMdot
The only culture the British Caucasians have is eating fish and chips, and going binge drinking.

I would much rather that than civil wars and giving our children AKs, witch doctors, female genital mutilation, rape, growing drugs and piracy..to name a few.

We also like drinking tea
Original post by suckmydick69
Because they are the master race

If you believe it, you slaughter yourself mate.

You need to believe in yourself and to prove it no matter colours of skin and hair.

The colour of your skin won't take your exams instead of you.

Ignore any colours, that's the only possible solution. Put your attention over your priorities, studies and interests.
Original post by MrKmas508
Have you ever lived in a non white country ever in your life, honestly. This is from world value surveyimage.jpg today 10,000 refugees entered Germany for asylum, many people were upset however it happened, you'll never see that happen in a non white country.

true, but two wrongs don't make a right.
Original post by Beardless
I would much rather that than civil wars and giving our children AKs, witch doctors, female genital mutilation, rape, growing drugs and piracy..to name a few.

We also like drinking tea

Ohh please, there is more to British culture than Tea, pubs and Fish and Chips...
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending