The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Adding additional modules

Hi all, I'm just in the middle of completing the registration process on Student life, but my academic modules for French BA only add up to 90 credits not 120 and I can't add any new modules as of yet.. Is there a date when we will be able to add new modules?

Thanks for any help!
I'm also having this issue, it keeps saying that I'm "not permitted to register at this time" but last week it was working fine, anyone have any idea what's going on??
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
I've just emailed them about it, I'll tell you what they say when I get a reply :smile:
Original post by TheaMorris
I've just emailed them about it, I'll tell you what they say when I get a reply :smile:

Yeah let me know please, I get the same thing!
Reply 4
So it's not just me with this problem too?! My modules credits don't add up nor can I add new ones. It was up and running last week but stopped working last Friday I think. Also the compulsory modules that were suppose to be added, were not added to my profile.

I was told there is a problem with the system and to contact the student support team for your department. Not sure if the department can register you onto the modules you want themselves but contact them anyways. I haven't heard back from them yet if they were able to fix it for me. Hopefully I hear back from them tomorrow...

A bit annoying because I read that registration needs to be completed by 13th September midnight in order to get student smart card at welcome week!
Reply 5
Update: Just to let you know my department has now added the modules for me. So you just need to contact your department and tell them which ones you want and they will add it for you.
Thanks that's really bloody helpful! :smile:
Original post by lien345
Update: Just to let you know my department has now added the modules for me. So you just need to contact your department and tell them which ones you want and they will add it for you.

Did you contact them by email or phone?
In the 2nd semester should we have 1 or 2 optional modules??
Reply 9
Original post by CleverGirl383
Did you contact them by email or phone?

I emailed them
Reply 10
Original post by TheaMorris
In the 2nd semester should we have 1 or 2 optional modules??

I'm guessing it depends on your degree programme. Check the Liverpool website for your course programme and its modules :smile:
I've emailed them, don't expect a reply for ages though. Sent an email yesterday morning and still no reply. Is it normal to have no optional modules/90 credits for the first year of study? I'm studying BA French and on the module details on the uni website, the optional modules are only for year 2 and 4. http://www.liv.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/french-ba-hons/module-details/
(edited 8 years ago)
I keep getting this message "You are not permitted to register at this time"... this is so frustrating.
Original post by lien345

Who exactly do I contact? I called the admissions tutor and he seemed clueless.
Reply 14
Original post by CleverGirl383
I've emailed them, don't expect a reply for ages though. Sent an email yesterday morning and still no reply. Is it normal to have no optional modules/90 credits for the first year of study? I'm studying BA French and on the module details on the uni website, the optional modules are only for year 2 and 4. http://www.liv.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/french-ba-hons/module-details/

It does look a bit strange. For UG courses you should usually have 120 credits per year, so 8 modules altogether and 4 modules (60 credits) per semester. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. But looking at the link you provided the details mentioned for Programme Year One only mentions 6 modules. However the first year doesn't contribute to your degree classification at the end so maybe that's why?

I would advise you to give your department a call just to clarify things and also to chase them up about your problems you are having with the module selection.
Reply 15
Original post by HassanD
Who exactly do I contact? I called the admissions tutor and he seemed clueless.

You contact the student support team in your academic department for your course, not admissions. So go to their page and there should be a staff/ people/ contact us section and their details will be there :smile:

what course are you doing? I'm doing PG course in the school of Computer Science so I can provide you with a contact if you are in the same dept
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by lien345
You contact the student support team in your academic department for your course, not admissions. So go to their page and there should be a staff/ people/ contact us section and their details will be there :smile:

what course are you doing? I'm doing PG course in the school of Computer Science so I can provide you with a contact if you are in the same dept

I'm doing computer science with foundation year, Carmel college (where I am doing the foundation year) said I would have to contact the university and not them. But I think I'll use the same contact number as you did?
Reply 17
Original post by HassanD
I'm doing computer science with foundation year, Carmel college (where I am doing the foundation year) said I would have to contact the university and not them. But I think I'll use the same contact number as you did?

Just PM'ed you
I got told today that Undergrads dont need to register for additional modules until we get there (may not be for all courses though (im doing Chemistry))

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending