The Student Room Group

At lunch at college and I didn't care. AMA

At lunch at college on my own table own my own. Didn't know a single person at the college. Apart from nearly burning my mouth with some incredibly hot chips and not being able to swallow what was in my mouth because I had no water. It went well. AMA

EDIT: I had a cheese and leek quiche with it. I also ate with my hands as I didn't see the cutlery before I saw an empty table that I could claim my own.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

maybe you should try to make friends? lol
Did you add any flavour to the chips, or did the salt from your tears do the job?
Original post by samina_ay
maybe you should try to make friends? lol

I guess I should but often I find friends hold me back. I think it's better to have 'civil' friends as in I can do what I like and still be friends and also independent simultaneously.
Original post by WoodyMKC
Did you add any flavour to the chips, or did the salt from your tears do the job?

I used the salt that the salty people of TSR were giving out for free.
Original post by LegatusShadow
At lunch at college on my own table own my own. Didn't know a single person at the college. Apart from nearly burning my mouth with some incredibly hot chips and not being able to swallow what was in my mouth because I had no water. It went well. AMA

Glad you don't feel the need to have to be around people to not feel out of place. A lot more people need to be more confident in being alone. :yy:

Unless you were feeling out of place and were alone not by choice.
Reply 6
I guess I should but often I find friends hold me back. I think it's better to have 'civil' friends as in I can do what I like and still be friends and also independent simultaneously.

Good luck OP! Hope you do well. Also, just chips? No chicken wings or fish?
Original post by jackien1
Glad you don't feel the need to have to be around people to not feel out of place. A lot more people need to be more confident in being alone. :yy:

Unless you were feeling out of place and were alone not by choice.

I was alone by choice. I could have waited for some friends but of course time is precious.

right
I was alone by choice. I could have waited for some friends but of course time is precious.

In that case, go you!
Original post by AzimH
Good luck OP! Hope you do well. Also, just chips? No chicken wings or fish?

I replied but don't see one so gonna post another. Thanks and I had a cheese and leek quiche with it. I couldn't find the cutlery and wanted to snipe a table for my self. ASAP.
Original post by samina_ay
right

Yes that's right?
Or is it not right for you?

I'm sorry but I don't want to exceed my daily allowance of sodium chloride so please take your salt elsewhere.
Reply 12
I replied but don't see one so gonna post another. Thanks and I had a cheese and leek quiche with it. I couldn't find the cutlery and wanted to snipe a table for my self. ASAP.

Cheese and leek quiche with chips? My mother warned me about people like you....:colonhash:

Good day to you sir. *Tips hat*
OMG. hahhaahah, what a loser!
Original post by AzimH
Cheese and leek quiche with chips? My mother warned me about people like you....:colonhash:

Good day to you sir. *Tips hat*

Seriously I didn't know what else there was and there was a large queue so I quickly got my lunch and luckily got the table just before some people came. The rest on the menu was curry I didn't want any of that.
Original post by InternetGangster
OMG. hahhaahah, what a loser!

Can't tell if troll.
Reply 16
Seriously I didn't know what else there was and there was a large queue so I quickly got my lunch and luckily got the table just before some people came. The rest on the menu was curry I didn't want any of that.

Haha fair enough. And hey! What's wrong with curry m8? It's like the best thing in the planet. Jk, that's such an Asian thing to say. Anyway, I'm kind of like you. I like eating on my own too. Sure, I have friends but I'll much rather be alone when it's time for me to eat.
Original post by AzimH
Haha fair enough. And hey! What's wrong with curry m8? It's like the best thing in the planet. Jk, that's such an Asian thing to say. Anyway, I'm kind of like you. I like eating on my own too. Sure, I have friends but I'll much rather be alone when it's time for me to eat.

Yeh waste of time. TBH.
Reply 18
Yeh waste of time. TBH.

You got that right! :biggrin:
Original post by AzimH
You got that right! :biggrin:

:smile:

Got to do a bunch of physics and chem stuff right now. BRB.

Quick Reply

Latest