The Student Room Group

I'm given a choice between BTEC and A levels

Okay so basically I am doing BTEC IT Currently, but I want to change to A Levels, (I got 5 A-CS and passed all my exams despite not revising, if I did I reckon i would have got higher), anyways I was going to ask what should I do?

I want a relatively safe job for the future with okay pay = BTEC IT

but I enjoy studying Government and Politics, English Lit and Lang and Business, I was hoping for a career in business management or journalism, what are those careers like?

What do you think, I will revise hard, but if I do fail, can I do IT courses in college, I don't particular enjoy IT either
Original post by Shirin1
Okay so basically I am doing BTEC IT Currently, but I want to change to A Levels, (I got 5 A-CS and passed all my exams despite not revising, if I did I reckon i would have got higher), anyways I was going to ask what should I do?

but I enjoy studying Government and Politics, English Lit and Lang and Business, I was hoping for a career in business management or journalism, what are those careers like?

What do you think, I will revise hard, but if I do fail, can I do IT courses in college, I don't particular enjoy IT either

So you want to do your BTEC at college for 1 year. Then go to 6th form for 2 years till you're 19? Don't see why not. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
if you want to do it and think you can then i say go for it! you dont need to decide on youre career yet youve got at least 2 years to think about that! but if you believe you would prefer alevels then go for it!
Reply 3
Original post by citydeer
if you want to do it and think you can then i say go for it! you dont need to decide on youre career yet youve got at least 2 years to think about that! but if you believe you would prefer alevels then go for it!

Cheers, all i really want is a relatively safe job.
Reply 4
Original post by Jacques1st
So you want to do your BTEC at college for 1 year. Then go to 6th form for 2 years till you're 19? Don't see why not. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd prefer to go down the traditional route of A Levels to University, but thanks regardless!
Reply 5
bump, please i need advice, I'm not sure whether to do BTEC IT - Good jobs and opportunities or do A Level English, Business, Government and Politics (where would this lead me)?
Reply 6
Original post by Shirin1

A levels are hard so it's probably better starting them as early as possible
Reply 7
Original post by andrew_99
A levels are hard so it's probably better starting them as early as possible

my teachers are saying this friday final day, so what do you think i should pick, A levels in Business, but I dont know any secure future in that path or BTEC IT
Reply 8
Original post by Shirin1
my teachers are saying this friday final day, so what do you think i should pick, A levels in Business, but I dont know any secure future in that path or BTEC IT

dont worry about what is secure - by the time you have graduated the job market will probably look very different
do whichever you think you can succeed most in
Reply 9
i'd prefer exams over coursework, but im still so unsure.

Quick Reply

Latest