The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I think its because we look more mysterious to them! It leaves more to the imagination I guess.

Probably ahaha
OP you are right, a pretty girl is a pretty girl regardless whether wearing hijab or not.
Original post by Biryani007
To OP you can't generalise like that, he may like her, he may not....people are into different things. Just the other day I was getting stared at by black guy for ages...doesn't mean he had a thing for me or that black guys in general have a thing for hijabis :/

It wasnt me i promise :tongue:
Original post by angelcake123
Seeing a hijab and getting turned on? lmao that's a new one

Lool you made me laugh. I agree it's weird I never heard such thing neither
Original post by RosyPearl
OP you are right, a pretty girl is a pretty girl regardless whether wearing hijab or not.

What? Never said that but I totally agree. .. :smile:
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Oh ok i get what you mean now :smile:
Seems like i am going to be forever a virgin now :sad:

Well over 95% per cent of people have lost their virginity by age 25. Of that 5% the chances of finding a Christian girl who you are compatible with, find attractive, would be a fantastic wife and mother to your children, is on the same page as you etc is very low. You might have a better chance of girls 18-25. My own male friends are over 25 and having trouble attracting those younger virgins which imo is kind of gross anyway. I lost mine at 22 when I turned away from Christianity but would probably still be one today if I hadn't. Nothing is without risk the best chance for you is probably now (I'm guessing you are young) but getting married prematurely in itself is an issue which a lot of my other Christian friends are dealing with.
What? Never said that but I totally agree. .. :smile:

Yeah I meant about the staring part, if a girl has a pretty face then some guys can't help but look :smile:
doesnt this defreat the whole point of the hijab lmfao
Original post by jazjaz
Well over 95% per cent of people have lost their virginity by age 25. Of that 5% the chances of finding a Christian girl who you are compatible with, find attractive, would be a fantastic wife and mother to your children, is on the same page as you etc is very low. You might have a better chance of girls 18-25. My own male friends are over 25 and having trouble attracting those younger virgins which imo is kind of gross anyway. I lost mine at 22 when I turned away from Christianity but would probably still be one today if I hadn't. Nothing is without risk the best chance for you is probably now (I'm guessing you are young) but getting married prematurely in itself is an issue which a lot of my other Christian friends are dealing with.

True
That is why i am going to start praying that God should give me my future spouse :tongue:
Ok tbh i dont think it is weird that they are going for girls younger than them. My mum is 5 years younger than my dad for example

True about the marrying early thing. I couldnt get marrird anytime before 28 min
And marriage ie two broken people trying to fix their troubles with the help of God :smile:
Original post by vis break

It does but only a minority falls for a hijabi.
Just because one Christian guys looks at your friend does not mean all Christian guys like hijabis. The real Christians that practice their faith, won't go for hijabis.
True
That is why i am going to start praying that God should give me my future spouse :tongue:
Ok tbh i dont think it is weird that they are going for girls younger than them. My mum is 5 years younger than my dad for example

True about the marrying early thing. I couldnt get marrird anytime before 28 min
And marriage ie two broken people trying to fix their troubles with the help of God :smile:

I always found it weird when I was a 21 year old virgin and guys who were nearly 30 were hitting on me and even asking me to marry them just because I was a single Christian virgin and they didn't even like me for me. It just felt more like an arrangement and I just wanted to be loved for who I am not because I had an intact hymen. Perhaps selfish and impatient who knows but I since feel like I attract a more unconditional type of love, like it's okay for me not to be perfect and pure and still feel loved anyway. But yeah I'm sorry I don't want to deter you don't give up hope but do be vigilant.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jazjaz
I always found it weird when I was a 21 year old virgin and guys who were nearly 30 were hitting on me and even asking me to marry them just because I was a single Christian virgin and they didn't even like me for me. It just felt more like an arrangement and I just wanted to be loved for who I am not because I had an intact hymen. Perhaps selfish and impatient who knows but I since feel like I attract a more unconditional type of love, like it's okay for me not to be perfect and pure and still feel loved anyway. But yeah I'm sorry I don't want to deter you don't give up hope but do be vigilant.

Wow those guys seem weird and shallow
True i understand what you mean (there is no perfect partner imo just compatible partners )
No you havent detered me :smile:
I already knew that tbh and who am i to judge anyone for what has been done in the past :h:

Not being a virgin is not a big deal imo it is the personality and if the two get on well together, love each other and God that matters :smile:
Original post by vis break

lol, some of the hijabis I see (not generalizing) wear pounds of makeup.

I had 2 hijabi friends, they both had boyfriends and had been kissed and one removed her hijab during prom, but wore it back home. Due to my own personal friendships with hijabis, they act very religious, but they are very far from it. Don't let the hijab fool you lol. At least with the non hijabi wearing girl, you know their true colours imao.
Wow those guys seem weird and shallow
True i understand what you mean (there is no perfect partner imo just compatible partners )
No you havent detered me :smile:
I already knew that tbh and who am i to judge anyone for what has been done in the past :h:

Not being a virgin is not a big deal imo it is the personality and if the two get on well together, love each other and God that matters :smile:

Aww that's cute I'm sure you will be just fine :h:

I had 2 hijabi friends, they both had boyfriends and had been kissed and one removed her hijab during prom, but wore it back home. Due to my own personal friendships with hijabis, they act very religious, but they are very far from it. Don't let the hijab fool you lol. At least with the non hijabi wearing girl, you know their true colours imao.

Was going to rep but got PRSOM.

There are many modest hijabis but a lot who I think wear it as fashion/status/religious superiority as they wear more make up than a drag queen I mean the full works with false eyelashes, contact lenses, contouring, white girl's foundation shades, long nails and everything. Kind of defeats the point of modesty. Every other make up guru on YouTube seems to be a hijabi these days too.
(edited 8 years ago)
it could be suspicion, rather than attraction- given the current political climate

Agreed lmfao. Those girls should be called hoejabi's imo
Reply 118
True

sorry to butt in but can i just say that marriage as ordained by God isn't about two broken people trying to fix their troubles with the help of God. It is about you being fixed by God first, Him revealing your purpose to you and then bringing someone with whom the purpose can be fulfilled round. So you encourage and uplift each other. If one of you is broken, the marriage won't work because eventually the other person becomes empty in an attempt to fill you up. That is why so many marriages fail. xxx
Original post by jazjaz
Was going to rep but got PRSOM.

There are many modest hijabis but a lot who I think wear it as fashion/status/religious superiority as they wear more make up than a drag queen I mean the full works with false eyelashes, contact lenses, contouring, white girl's foundation shades, long nails and everything. Kind of defeats the point of modesty. Every other make up guru on YouTube seems to be a hijabi these days too.

Lol, true. The dress she wore to prom was so clingy and showed her curves in all its glory that it was unbelievable that she would come back to school wearing baggy clothing with her hijab on. It's like, is this the same person lol.

Latest

Trending

Trending