The Student Room Group

Anyone about to start these A- Levels?

Heya,
Im doing Economics, Maths, Psychology and Biology and just want to know if anyone is doing anything simular?
Reply 1
Original post by PityParty
Heya,
Im doing Economics, Maths, Psychology and Biology and just want to know if anyone is doing anything simular?

Im starting A2s, but did economics, psychology and biology last year - any questions?
Reply 2
Heya,

I'm resitting year 12 and did AS Bio and Maths last year. Bio is the only AS im taking to A2 and i love it :smile: so interesting :smile: Maths and me never really got on and be prepared for less numbers more letters. Stats was my saving grace for AS maths but my friend hated it. it depends on the person i think. Im doing AS Psychology this year and i already really like it :smile: do you like these subjects?
Reply 3
Original post by Samonia
I'm resitting year 12 and did AS Bio and Maths last year. Bio is the only AS im taking to A2 and i love it :smile: so interesting :smile: Maths and me never really got on and be prepared for less numbers more letters. Stats was my saving grace for AS maths but my friend hated it. it depends on the person i think. Im doing AS Psychology this year and i already really like it :smile: do you like these subjects?

So far yes, however taking up psychology was a last minute decision for me :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by hannb98
Im starting A2s, but did economics, psychology and biology last year - any questions?

Yes, but it depends on what board you did?
I'm doing psychology :smile:
Reply 6
Yes, but it depends on what board you did?

OCR econ and psych, WJEC bio
Reply 7
I'm doing Maths/further maths and economics :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by hannb98
OCR econ and psych, WJEC bio

Great, I looked at the new OCR specification and the grade boundries arent very clear, I dont know if its because of the new linear courses (or my reading skills! :tongue:) so if you can give me some clude on how it worked out last year for you?? :confused::confused:
Reply 9
Great, I looked at the new OCR specification and the grade boundries arent very clear, I dont know if its because of the new linear courses (or my reading skills! :tongue:) so if you can give me some clude on how it worked out last year for you?? :confused::confused:

What are you confused over? I can't remember ever having a problem or them being much different to any other exam board?
Reply 10
Original post by hannb98
What are you confused over? I can't remember ever having a problem or them being much different to any other exam board?

Its bascially saying that I can only get an A overall at AS but not A*, but can be achieved if I do A2 as well.
Its bascially saying that I can only get an A overall at AS but not A*, but can be achieved if I do A2 as well.

You can't get an A* at AS level. the highest grade for AS is an A. A* is a grade that is added in A2.
Reply 12

Yep, an A is the top grade as AS level. Do well enough at AS and then can reach an A* at A2
Reply 13
Original post by hannb98
Yep, an A is the top grade as AS level. Do well enough at AS and then can reach an A* at A2

Okay so this wont effedct my uni application and UCAS in any way?
Reply 14
Okay so this wont effedct my uni application and UCAS in any way?

Nope it's the way every exam board works, its normal.

Quick Reply

Latest