The Student Room Group

How often do you wash your hair?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RobML
Nearly everyday unless I'm feeling lazy and not venturing outside. Shamps, conds and argan oil innit.

"shamps and conds." Funny.
Original post by sand.the.hound
And do you use both shampoo and conditioner each time?

Every 4rd day
Original post by Josb
Everyday. I don't know what is a conditionazier.

It's for people who have oily hair naturally and need to recover, after washing, any loss of nutrients keeping hair curly and shiny. Or that's whta my conditioner does.
Original post by Cherie Amour

How does that work out for you?

Fine, I still have hair. That's my aim for the near-future.

Should I be using moisturiser, always seemed a bit overkill really?
Original post by Sheepmaster317
Fine, I still have hair. That's my aim for the near-future.

Should I be using moisturiser, always seemed a bit overkill really?

Not overkill at all. It's more so because the shampoos (this isn't a theory) the companies manipulate the formula and make the shampoo too harsh on the scalp and hair cells/follicles. Almost like the soaps and why you shouldn't use it on any place with holes, and after washing you feel stretched in the skin or need to lotion/exfoliate. It's because from a business perspective they sell shampoos, do you notice, that have conditioners they advise you to get afterwards. Well if you get both they get more money. The conditioner is probably more essential than the shampoos as well.
Original post by sand.the.hound
And do you use both shampoo and conditioner each time?

I have rather thick curly (bushy at times) hair but I cover it with a hijab when out!
I use shampoo on it every three days and conditioner when I can be bothered
I also occasionally use almond or coconut wax based oils which are really nourishing
I usually naturally dry my hair and it seems like it's paying off :smile:
Once a week or a little more often if I'm seeing someone and it needs a wash. Usually every two/threeweeks though. If nobody is going to be super close to it and i use many potions and lotions to stop greasy goodness I literally don't see the point. :dontknow:

I only use conditioner :flutter:

:girl::girl::girl:
Reply 47
Original post by Cherie Amour
"shamps and conds." Funny.

u avin a giggle m8?
Every 3/4 days. My hair is extremely greasy though... It was actually a blessing when I bleached it and it went a bit dry.
whenever it really needs it, and yes I tend to use both shampoo and conditioner.
Every month or so I do a homemade hot oil treatment which is amazing - gets rid of build up while conditioning?!!
Every two days and I use both as I have to condition my hair as I have a blonde ombrè

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wash my hair every 2 days usually and yes I always use shampoo and conditioner.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sheepmaster317
Fine, I still have hair.
hahaha
Every 2 days - shampoo and condition, or longer if I don't go out for a few days but then it gets super greasy so I have to shampoo like 3 times -_-
3 times a week sometimes 4. I use both shampoo and conditioner.
Usually three times a week.
I hardly use shampoo anymore.

I think it is a con. It just makes my hair all dry and horrible.
Original post by beeninetytwo
Once a week or a little more often if I'm seeing someone and it needs a wash. Usually every two/threeweeks though. If nobody is going to be super close to it and i use many potions and lotions to stop greasy goodness I literally don't see the point. :dontknow:

I only use conditioner :flutter:

:girl::girl::girl:

I approve.
(edited 8 years ago)
I usually do it every few days. My scalp produces literally no oil whatsoever so there's really no need for me to wash it more than once a week but I just like the feeling and smell of freshly washed hair. And I shampoo and condition each time.
Twice a week. Shampoo and conditioner every time, sometimes intensive conditioner too.
Reply 59
Every two days.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending