The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The wording is a bit too extreme/hyperbolic. I agree with the sentiment, but it would be better if it suggested a cap, or said "no more than 5000 refugees".
Reply 2
It should have tried to stop further asylum, as it is though I can't sign this one.
Original post by LockheedSpooky
I wonder if any of the signatories would be living next to the refugees and in towns taken over by them, where Urdu or Arabic is the predominant language on the street?

Or are they like my left wing uncle who lives in a rural Cumbrian village without a single Muslim extremist or tent-wearing lady in sight?

This is so true.

My city is now 25% people not born in the UK and my mother lives in a tiny village where there are a few Asian families (professional types) she had not come to mine for about a year and when she did she was so shocked at the changes and how quickly they had happened even she said it felt like being in a foreign country and while she was pro immigration as soon as she had to experience it she soon changed her mind.
(edited 8 years ago)
Wow, the wording looks like it's been copied and pasted from the Daily Mail comments section.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Wow, the wording looks like it's been copied and pasted from the Daily Mail comments section.

Lol.
Reply 6
People are signing it, it has got over 10,000 signatures in 8 hours and is heading for 24,000 signatures
The wording is spot on, we should have had these government petitions many years ago before we got invaded by Poland and the rest of the world.MULTICULTURALISM DOES NOT WORK it cost the indigenous people of this great nation a inconvenience and mostly a great deal of tax payers money.
signed it is disgusting what is happening to this country
Reply 9
Petition is set to pass 100,000 in the next hour and go to Parliament

Lets see if Parliament debate stopping all immigration & closing UK borders as the petition demands
Original post by Ace123
Petition is set to pass 100,000 in the next hour and go to Parliament

Lets see if Parliament debate stopping all immigration & closing UK borders as the petition demands

At best they'll probably promise to ensure the 20k "refugees" figure won't be exceeded.

Or to tighten other immigration rules simultaneously.
Reply 11
This petition to stop immigration having passed 100,000 is going to be debated in Parliament on October the 19th, not that Parliament will vote for it but at least it is being debated

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/106477
Reply 12
Original post by Ace123
This petition to stop immigration having passed 100,000 is going to be debated in Parliament on October the 19th, not that Parliament will vote for it but at least it is being debated

And 20 or 30 years down the line, we'll have a need for more more immigrants and when we open our borders, we'll find no-one will wants to come to the UK.

We really are just shooting ourselves in the foot with this.
Original post by Ace123

Well at least our voice is being heard!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by Cataldo
Pretty moronic logic you've got going on there.

Do you feel competent enough to splutter out the thoughts which led you to conclude that my logic is "moronic"?
Reply 15
Original post by Errm39
Do you feel competent enough to splutter out the thoughts which led you to conclude that my logic is "moronic"?

What else other than idiocy could lead to believe people won't come to the UK in 20 or 30 years?
Reply 16
Original post by Cataldo
What else other than idiocy could lead to believe people won't come to the UK in 20 or 30 years?

What else other than an inflated sense of self-importance could lead to believe people will still come to the UK if we shut our borders?
Reply 17
Original post by Errm39
What else other than an inflated sense of self-importance could lead to believe people will still come to the UK if we shut our borders?

They won't, thats the point. If for whatever reason we did need 500,000 immigrants a year (we wouldn't) we would just open our borders again.
lmao

"12 million immigrants"

/logic
Reply 19
Original post by Cataldo
They won't, thats the point. If for whatever reason we did need 500,000 immigrants a year (we wouldn't) we would just open our borders again.

And expect people to still be there, waiting patiently at the docks of Calais?

Latest

Trending

Trending