The Student Room Group

Back to School, now starting A-levels Thread!

Hey guys! So now I'm pretty sure everyone has started their new schools tell us all your experience as how it went any problems faced, anything interesting! Post it now!! :biggrin:
My experience was amazing I just loved the atmosphere of the school ( that I had been in before since year 7 - 11 ) they had changed a lot during the summer so now its just fantastic! I got pretty nervous though now that there are girls in my form and classes other than that great! :banana2:

Scroll to see replies

Nobody want to share their experience? :O
hi :biggrin:
Original post by CoolCavy
hi :biggrin:

Share your first day experience in sixth form : )
Reply 4
Mines great, I love all my teachers that I have this year and everyone gets along well. :h:
Original post by RoadtoSuccess
Hey guys! So now I'm pretty sure everyone has started their new schools tell us all your experience as how it went any problems faced, anything interesting! Post it now!! :biggrin:
My experience was amazing I just loved the atmosphere of the school ( that I had been in before since year 7 - 11 ) they had changed a lot during the summer so now its just fantastic! I got pretty nervous though now that there are girls in my form and classes other than that great! :banana2:

This was my first day at a completely new school and it was very interesting. I mostly hung out with other newbies but I was surprised by the freedom we had as everyone is allowed to go out to town at lunch which was different from my old school. :colondollar:
Original post by aamirac
Mines great, I love all my teachers that I have this year and everyone gets along well. :h:

That's amazing news! What school are you going to now :O
Original post by Bibliophile101
This was my first day at a completely new school and it was very interesting. I mostly hung out with other newbies but I was surprised by the freedom we had as everyone is allowed to go out to town at lunch which was different from my old school. :colondollar:

ooooo wow! I'm allowed to just go out of school, just on the outskirts where there are a few places to eat like Gregs :tongue:
Reply 8
That's amazing news! What school are you going to now :O

I got to a Sixth Form near East London. :u:
Haven't started yet! I've got until Wednesday! :colondollar:
Original post by aamirac
I got to a Sixth Form near East London. :u:

That's awesome :biggrin: what career are you looking to get into in the future?
Original post by FatimaHere
Haven't started yet! I've got until Wednesday! :colondollar:

Oh wow! I would have said last year, that I'm jealous but I'm really enjoying my sixth form right now and don't even want to come home :biggrin: loool I was so excited the night before couldn't sleep :tongue:
Share your first day experience in sixth form : )

my first day was last thursday and we had induction in july :biggrin::h:
my first day was last thursday and we had induction in july :biggrin::h:

How did it go :O my induction was different to when we started, I had a different form tutor all together first of all as well as that different teachers to what we had...
That's awesome :biggrin: what career are you looking to get into in the future?

I have no idea...maybe considering Physics or Computer Science at uni?
I'm just going with the flow of things.
what career are you aspiring towards then?
How did it go :O my induction was different to when we started, I had a different form tutor all together first of all as well as that different teachers to what we had...

at first i hated it tbh bec i hate change :s-smilie: but now im rlly starting to like it now that the lessons are getting interesting, no more icebreakers and stuff :biggrin: i love the art course especially. Thanks 4 asking :smile: what about u?
Oh wow! I would have said last year, that I'm jealous but I'm really enjoying my sixth form right now and don't even want to come home :biggrin: loool I was so excited the night before couldn't sleep :tongue:

Aha, it's actually really weird feeling- all my friends in other schools have started already!!
Aww that's awesome :biggrin: What are you taking? Personally I've moved schools entirely and I'm so so excited- never been in private education before! (got a scholarship)
Original post by aamirac
I have no idea...maybe considering Physics or Computer Science at uni?
I'm just going with the flow of things.
what career are you aspiring towards then?

Hopefully dentistry, although I got this year in my GCSE's 3 A's, 5 B's and 4 C's ( 2 C's in both english lang & lit which I will retake to get a B ) although my chances seem hard I won't give in. I'm all fired up to succeed and I won't let anything stop me :biggrin:
ooooo wow! I'm allowed to just go out of school, just on the outskirts where there are a few places to eat like Gregs :tongue:

I guess we have a few more eateries but apart from that its mostly vintage shops and charity shops!
at first i hated it tbh bec i hate change :s-smilie: but now im rlly starting to like it now that the lessons are getting interesting, no more icebreakers and stuff :biggrin: i love the art course especially. Thanks 4 asking :smile: what about u?

No problem I love others experiences being told especially this one being sixth form. I'm just loving every bit of my sixth form, now that I can enter the school building during break time and lunch time its fantastic because we couldn't do that before, as well as that the change in school uniform is just outstanding!!! :u:

Quick Reply

Latest