The Student Room Group

A level Economics or Psychology?

Which is Easier to study a-level Economics or Psychology? Please i need help???? I need to make a choice by tomorrow.
Reply 1
Original post by Gilezzz
Which is Easier to study a-level Economics or Psychology? Please i need help???? I need to make a choice by tomorrow.

A-levels don't really work by which is "easier" they are all fairly difficult. if you want to decide between them, look at what you think you are going to enjoy more, which one is more relevent to your future jobs and which one you are more likely to get a higher grade on. From what iv heard at my school Economics is a kinda secondary business studies and psychology is learning about how the mind works. Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Samonia
A-levels don't really work by which is "easier" they are all fairly difficult. if you want to decide between them, look at what you think you are going to enjoy more, which one is more relevent to your future jobs and which one you are more likely to get a higher grade on. From what iv heard at my school Economics is a kinda secondary business studies and psychology is learning about how the mind works. Hope this helps :smile:

Ok thank you!
I might be biased coz I only do Psychology (Edexcel), but I think it's quite interesting. It's not that hard, not for me anyways, it's mostly remembering case studies of experiments and stuff like that, and different types of psychology (social, learning, cognitive etc...). My exam was loads of 4 markers and 2 markers and the odd 6 marker, with a longer essay-type question at the end. I got a B, could have got A but I didn't study (oops). Of course this is specific to the Edexcel course, so if you do another board it could be totally different. And also the changes to A-levels mean that I think there's a bit of maths in the course now :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by klaraczuraj
I might be biased coz I only do Psychology (Edexcel), but I think it's quite interesting. It's not that hard, not for me anyways, it's mostly remembering case studies of experiments and stuff like that, and different types of psychology (social, learning, cognitive etc...). My exam was loads of 4 markers and 2 markers and the odd 6 marker, with a longer essay-type question at the end. I got a B, could have got A but I didn't study (oops). Of course this is specific to the Edexcel course, so if you do another board it could be totally different. And also the changes to A-levels mean that I think there's a bit of maths in the course now :frown:

oh ok thanks for the advise
Original post by Gilezzz

If you have good memory and you are intrigued about how the mind works, pick Psychology. I am currently studying Psychology at A2 and it is very interesting indeed.
Reply 6
Original post by DeadEnd_96
If you have good memory and you are intrigued about how the mind works, pick Psychology. I am currently studying Psychology at A2 and it is very interesting indeed.

Is there a lot of essay writing for Psychology?
Original post by Gilezzz
Is there a lot of essay writing for Psychology?

Yes
Reply 8
Personally I think Psychology is easier than Economics. Well I can't really talk about Psychology but I do Economics. My friends do both subjects and they say Psychology is more fluent and much easier to understand. Obviously Economics has lots of content to be covered and you've to try to APPLY. Including examples, explanations and evaluations. Most importantly you have to follow current affairs.
However, both subjects require a lot of essay writing. The 'easiness' also depends on what interests you most and what you enjoy/like.
Good luck! :smile:
Reply 9
For me I know I got an A* in psychology and a B in Economics so it would seem that economics is harder but that is not the case.

With psychology it is so interesting (at least for me) that I was willing to put the time and effort revising and learning it.

Whereas economics is so incredibly dull that I just didn't revise. I got AAAC with very little revision in my 4 economics exams giving me a B overall. I actually only did a days worth of revision for economics for each A2 exams and got 2A's in them lol. Got the C in arguably the easiest unit of all 3 which is quite surprising, I got an A in the A2 equivalent which doesn't really make sense because you needed the AS knowledge for at least 3/4 of the exam.

Anyway original post, economics is easier than psychology by quite a bit, however, economics can be the most dullest subject at A2, I have heard it to be interesting at degree level but the A level is so boring that you just have to stick with it in order to pass.

Psychology on the other hand if you don't revise you will not get good grades as there is a lot of memorisation so I guess it depends.
Reply 10
Original post by RK1998
Personally I think Psychology is easier than Economics. Well I can't really talk about Psychology but I do Economics. My friends do both subjects and they say Psychology is more fluent and much easier to understand. Obviously Economics has lots of content to be covered and you've to try to APPLY. Including examples, explanations and evaluations. Most importantly you have to follow current affairs.
However, both subjects require a lot of essay writing. The 'easiness' also depends on what interests you most and what you enjoy/like.
Good luck! :smile:

Cool. Thanks
Reply 11
Original post by kingdoo
For me I know I got an A* in psychology and a B in Economics so it would seem that economics is harder but that is not the case.

With psychology it is so interesting (at least for me) that I was willing to put the time and effort revising and learning it.

Whereas economics is so incredibly dull that I just didn't revise. I got AAAC with very little revision in my 4 economics exams giving me a B overall. I actually only did a days worth of revision for economics for each A2 exams and got 2A's in them lol. Got the C in arguably the easiest unit of all 3 which is quite surprising, I got an A in the A2 equivalent which doesn't really make sense because you needed the AS knowledge for at least 3/4 of the exam.

Anyway original post, economics is easier than psychology by quite a bit, however, economics can be the most dullest subject at A2, I have heard it to be interesting at degree level but the A level is so boring that you just have to stick with it in order to pass.

Psychology on the other hand if you don't revise you will not get good grades as there is a lot of memorisation so I guess it depends.

I see...Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest