The Student Room Group

Anybody else feel like they're wasting their life..?

There's nothing I can do that can make me feel like I'm doing something meaningful, either..

what do
Reply 1
just enjoy yourself and have fun!
Hilrho being in my life means it is worth something. :h:
Today was one of those days I did nothing productive and ended up feeling like sh*t. I can relate OP.
Original post by zyzzyspirit
Today was one of those days I did nothing productive and ended up feeling like sh*t. I can relate OP...

most days i do nothing productive but still, i feel like everything i do is a waste of time. thinking about going full amish mode and living in a tribe in a sub saharan africa mud hut

just want to get away from people and sleep for a thousand years
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Same here OP. Try different things.

Never give up.
Every single minute of every single day. :biggrin:
You were born a champ. The sperm that made u beat millions of others why waste ur life? Get up and say u can ****ing do this!!! shut off any negativity in ur life, u will not succeed YET.... did u thing the road to success was a linear gradient like the equation x=y??? U foreal bro??? U Can do it i know you can.
Original post by Want2MakeFriends
There's nothing I can do that can make me feel like I'm doing something meaningful, either..

what do

Well it sounds like you're feeling quite depressed and having a negative outlook on life, and it may not be what your doing, but you're perception on what you're doing that's affecting you. Try and see a GP and explain how you're feeling and maybe they can help you? Any other advice I could try give is find hobbies, go out and socialize and depending on your age find a goal in life and go and achieve it. Make your life feel meaningful.
Breaking out of facetious mode, though...

Why do you fele like you're wasting your life? What are you currently doing or not doing that's making you feel that way?
Original post by SixthformFML
Well it sounds like you're feeling quite depressed and having a negative outlook on life, and it may not be what your doing, but you're perception on what you're doing that's affecting you. Try and see a GP and explain how you're feeling and maybe they can help you? Any other advice I could try give is find hobbies, go out and socialize and depending on your age find a goal in life and go and achieve it. Make your life feel meaningful.

thanks for the advice bro. i do have dreams but when i try to accomplish them, i get pretty badly depressed, it seems like my mind really doesnt like it when i try in life, its like it sabotages me subconsciously to bring me back to being useless.
maybe i need help but when i live a normal chill life, i dont feel depressed, i just feel empty
Lifes a b***h but you can improve it, work hard while you're young and you can chill later.
shia says JUST DO IT

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Music my friend. Pick up a guitar and spend many of these wasted hours shredding (or trying to :biggrin:) and enjoying yourself. Either that or try some new hobbies out.
Original post by william walker
Hilrho being in my life means it is worth something. :h:

Dude, no offence at all but you are absolutely obsessed with Hilrho and it looks like its bordering on the unhealthy side of things.
Original post by StolenPrivacy
Dude, no offence at all but you are absolutely obsessed with Hilrho and it looks like its bordering on the unhealthy side of things.

Why do you think that?
I do sometimes- I think we all do. I'll post some quotes that make me feel like making my life worth living:

-you act like mortals in all that you fear but like immortals in all you desire

-living is the least important activity of the preoccupied man, yet there is nothing harder to learn

-one should absorb the colour of life but never remember the details
Reply 17
You sound like you're in the midst of depression. It's normal to feel like that, so please don't feel as if you're alone even though it can feel like that when you're surrounded by individuals who seem to be happier/more productive/satisfied than you are.

What are some of your dreams? Aspirations? Goals? Start small, there's no need to go the whole hog and take on a huge project.

I believe in you.
Original post by Want2MakeFriends
thanks for the advice bro. i do have dreams but when i try to accomplish them, i get pretty badly depressed, it seems like my mind really doesnt like it when i try in life, its like it sabotages me subconsciously to bring me back to being useless.
maybe i need help but when i live a normal chill life, i dont feel depressed, i just feel empty

Depression can take many different forms and emptiness is one of them. I don't mean to sound pushy but I would second the getting help idea - therapy can be really helpful if you're willing to try.

Quick Reply

Latest