The Student Room Group

Would Muslim nations take in Western English refugees if roles were reversed?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Catholic_
What do you think?

To be honest, I've never seen minorities do much for any other group then their own. Whether it's complaining about issues or encouraging developments to improve others.

Their culture is very much different to Western culture on values, tolerance and acceptance. They have more of a tribal focus and view and even often defend someone of their culture if they're wrong, just because they're the same colour. I don't find them generous, giving cultures at all. In all honesty all they do is make demands in my eyes and literally have no interest in giving anything back.

Would all the UK Muslims as well be urging their beloved Pakistan, Bangaldesh etc, to take in migrants do you think?

I am a British Muslim and so are three generations of my family my great grandparents never held refugee status but were hard working and determined people. My great grandfather was invited to the UK to have a leading role in the production of ammunition for the second world war. I believe that he contributed his hard work to the British army and has just as much right as anyone else to live in the UK. However I have family friends that weren't so lucky to be invited to the UK but fled. They fled because the innocent were being killed whilst they were tucked up in bed. Only one of the family members survived and eventually received refugee status. Now she is a consultant Psychiatrist working for the NHS. She is a muslim living in a nice big house and she said that she'd let a refugee into her house.
I would let any of those poor sufferers in because it is the most humane thing to do.
I'm quite disappointed in Saudi Arabia. They refuse to even let MUSLIMS in, let alone westerners.

But to be fair, those Muslim nations didn't contribute to western destruction the way the west have been at it (Airstrikes, bombs etc.).

Original post by Catholic_

Would all the UK Muslims as well be urging their beloved Pakistan, Bangaldesh etc, to take in migrants do you think?

You must not be informed.

1.59 million KARACHI: Pakistan hosts as many as 1.5 million refugees, which is the second largest number in the world after Turkey, which is home to 1.59 million Syrian refugees, according to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).17 Jun 2015

I think it's time for you to get off your high horse.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Evening
Would never happen if it was the other way around.

Let's have a look at the two countries that have taken the most refugees from these conflicts, Turkey and Jordan, who have taken 1.6 million and 2.5 million refugees respectively. What religion are they? Yup, Muslim!

And you were saying that Muslim countries don't take in refugees?
Original post by The Dictator
To be fair, Pakistan was part of the British Empire so I wouldn't say they had much of a say about it.

It was part of the Empire but they weren't conscripted. They volunteered to help and so my point still stands.
Reply 24
Correct me if I'm wrong, but most Islamic countries aren't letting in refugees due to their difference in faith. So the Sunni/Shia conflict. It's a shame, really.

You can only hope to live in a world peace. And then you die.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
World of peace, I meant***

Posted from TSR Mobile
Stop being Israelophobic.

No such thing.

You all cry "Antisemitism" for even criticising Israel.

As long as Israel continue slaughtering Palestinians I will be against Israel.
Reply 27
Original post by Plagioclase
Let's have a look at the two countries that have taken the most refugees from these conflicts, Turkey and Jordan, who have taken 1.6 million and 2.5 million refugees respectively. What religion are they? Yup, Muslim!

I'm saying disagreeing with that, I'm saying that this would never happen the opposite way if it was the UK/France/Germany that suffered some circumstance which meant we all had to seek refuge in a foreign country.

And you're talking about Syria's neighbours, not the wealthy Gulf states which use slave labour to build their skyscrapers and who haven't taken in any refugees from Syria. And guess what? The only times they EVER donate to charity is to other muslim countries.
Original post by NaTaLiiA513
No such thing.

You all cry "Antisemitism" for even criticising Israel.

As long as Israel continue slaughtering Palestinians I will be against Israel.

You all cry "Islamophobic" for even criticising Islam. Lol.

We all know what Snippy does. He hates Muslims. You can cover your ears all you like but discrimination is wrong. You're no better than ISIS. If it was up to you, you would eradicate all Muslims and many people on TSR make that clear.
Reply 30
Original post by !!mentor!!
It was part of the Empire but they weren't conscripted. They volunteered to help and so my point still stands.

That's because it indirectly affected them as much as it indirectly affected other communities, hence the term 'World' war, not 'local war. Had they not joined in they would have left themselves open to attack from Japan, or either of Italy or Germany's African colonies.
We all know what Snippy does. He hates Muslims. You can cover your ears all you like but discrimination is wrong. You're no better than ISIS. If it was up to you, you would eradicate all Muslims and many people on TSR make that clear.

I wouldn't eradicate all Muslims. We need a counterbalance to Marxism and you're doing a very good job of that...Marxists are deluded enough to even ally with you, not knowing that they are digging their own graves. Lol.
Original post by Skip_Snip
Wait, are you saying muslim countries are as good as or better than Western nations?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hahah well I don't see why not
Why are so many English ditching Britain for the likes of Abu Dhabi or Qatar
If they didn't think we were good enough then they wouldn't come over for their nice golden tans or the shopping malls or bother fueling their cars.
Western nations such as the UK have lost their traditionalist views and adopted a pro-Tom Dick and Harry approach whoever comes in they mold to it and I think it's brilliant just what the country needs a bit of fresh foreign air
Mate we are taking our full advantage of the English educational system so Muslims are doing brilliantly in Britain sorry to say this some original English people just cannot be arsed and wan't everyone else doing the work whilst they're sat watching corrie.
So many are signing on whilst an immigrant is actually hard grafting to make ends meet so yes I am saying that some original British people are getting sloppy and then blaming migrants for throwing the country to dogs
Reply 33
You are a funny country that has a special law to protect Muslim called Islamaphobia.
If you came to my country we would not have a law called Christianphobia, never

Thankyou.
Original post by Evening
I'm saying disagreeing with that, I'm saying that this would never happen the opposite way if it was the UK/France/Germany that suffered some circumstance which meant we all had to seek refuge in a foreign country.

And you're talking about Syria's neighbours, not the wealthy Gulf states which use slave labour to build their skyscrapers and who haven't taken in any refugees from Syria. And guess what? The only times they EVER donate to charity is to other muslim countries.

How on earth could you possibly know that these countries wouldn't accept refugees from the UK or France? You have absolutely zero evidence to support that. On the other hand, there's absolutely plenty of evidence to suggest that they would take in refugees from northern Europe since they have taken in millions of refugees from the Middle East.

And stop dodging the question by reaching for the example of the wealthy Gulf states. You only need one example of a Muslim country taking in huge numbers of refugees to disprove the statement that "Muslim countries won't take in refugees". You could just as well use the example of Portugal or Lithuania or Ireland to say "Christian or European nations won't take in refugees". Yes, the wealthy Gulf states have been behaving appallingly but this is absolutely nothing to do with them being Muslim.

Listen mate their is no "lol" in innocent children being killed
Original post by Evening

The West is partially to blame for the problems and destruction in the Middle East. The West have to clean up their mess.

And what sort of aid does the West need exactly?

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/07/21/muslims-give-most_n_3630830.html

Yet, it's Muslims who give the most charity before Christians, Jews and Atheists so it's better if you stop acting like you are all so generous.
Reply 37
What is lol.

Thankyou
Original post by NK18444
Listen mate their is no "lol" in innocent children being killed

I don't give a crap.
The West is partially to blame for the problems and destruction in the Middle East. The West have to clean up their mess.

And what sort of aid does the West need exactly?

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/07/21/muslims-give-most_n_3630830.html

Yet, it's Muslims who give the most charity before Christians, Jews and Atheists so it's better if you stop acting like you are all so generous.

Mostly to other Muslims.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending