The Student Room Group

You are now leader of the Tories/ Labour- pick your czbinet

You have now been elected leader of the Conservative/ Labour Party. You may now pick your cabinet (MPs in the party only ie Caroline Lucas can't be in a labour one) and in addition may 'purge' up to five party members in the House of Lords/ commons/ EU parliament. You however have no time to get to know any members so must pick straight away. Begin

If a position isn't mentioned: the current incumbent is kept

Mine:

DPM George Osborne
Chancellor: Sajid Javid
Home Secretary: Anna Soubry
Education sec: Neil Carmichael
Justice Sec: Dominic Grieve
Health sec: Amber Rudd
Business sec: Liz Truss
W&P sec: Damian Green
Defence Sec: Rory Stewart
Foreign sec: Alan Duncan
Leader of HoL: Ken Clarke
Transport Sec: Nicky Morgan
Culture sec: George Freeman
Chief Whip: George eustice

I'd only sack IDS initially and wait for the more socially Tory members to die off or leave themselves. Oh and I'd demote Dan Hannan or get him out of being an MEP. I like the man but he's be better off in UKIP, especially in my government!

All in all a slightly more centrist, liberal Conservative party that will be more libertarian in outlook and waste far less time banging on about the EU.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Davij038
You have now been elected leader of the Conservative/ Labour Party. You may now pick your cabinet (MPs in the party only ie Caroline Lucas can't be in a labour one) and in addition may 'purge' up to five party members in the House of Lords/ commons/ EU parliament. You however have no time to get to know any members so must pick straight away. Begin

Mine:

DPM George Osborne
Chancellor: Sajid Javid
Home Secretary: Alan Duncan
Education sec: Anna Soubry
Justice Sec: Dominic Grieve
Business sec: Liz Truss
W&P sec: Damian Green
Foreign sec: Neil Carmichael
Leader of HoL: Ken Clarke

I'd only sack IDS initially and wait for the more socially Tory members to die off or leave themselves. Oh and I'd demote Dan Hannan or get him out of being an MEP. I like the man but he's be better off in UKIP, especially in my government!

All in all a slightly more centrist, liberal Conservative party that will be more libertarian in outlook and waste far less time banging on about the EU.

Seems about right though Soubry wouldn't be good enough a choice for the education brief. Education gets huge press and parents and teachers will make it very clear when they don't like something - with Soubry's rather prickly, pugilistic demeanour, I think she'd attract too much negative attention.
Reply 2
Original post by ibzombie96
Seems about right though Soubry wouldn't be good enough a choice for the education brief. Education gets huge press and parents and teachers will make it very clear when they don't like something - with Soubry's rather prickly, pugilistic demeanour, I think she'd attract too much negative attention.

Think you may be right: I've made some adjustments in the OP.

You're a labour man aren't you? Kendall all the way I presume? :wink:
Think you may be right: I've made some adjustments in the OP.

You're a labour man aren't you? Kendall all the way I presume? :wink:

Oh God no. Firmly on the left of the Tory party; essentially in line with Osborne and Cameron. I know I have probably sounded like a Labourite over the past few weeks with my anti-Corbyn posts, but I put it down to my classically liberal love of competition and the idea that the Tories need some political competition :wink:

-EDIT-
Oh nice - Soubry for Home is perfect.
(edited 8 years ago)
Corbyn clones for every position.
Reply 5
Oh God no. Firmly on the left of the Tory party; essentially in line with Osborne and Cameron.

-EDIT-
Oh nice - Soubry for Home is perfect.

Ah good man, we have much in common!

UKIP delenda est

UKIP delenda est

Haha agreed
Haha agreed

Get a room......
:wink:
I really like this one
Original post by Bornblue
Get a room......
:wink:

Cheers
Reply 10
Original post by vis break
I really like this one

:biggrin: fabulous cabinet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

DPM George Osborne
Chancellor: George Osborne
Home Secretary: Theresa May
Justice Sec: Ken Clarke
Business sec: Lord David Willets
W&P sec: Sajid David
Foreign sec: Michael Gove
Leader of HoL: Lord William Hague

I would sack IDS, Hammond and Warsi.

I would return Clarke to his justice post along with Willets and promote Gove and Hague.
Reply 12
Original post by Rakas21
DPM George Osborne
Chancellor: George Osborne
Home Secretary: Theresa May
Justice Sec: Ken Clarke
Business sec: Lord David Willets
W&P sec: Sajid David
Foreign sec: Michael Gove
Leader of HoL: Lord William Hague

I would sack IDS, Hammond and Warsi.

I would return Clarke to his justice post along with Willets and promote Gove and Hague.

Hey pretty similar!

Why sack Hanmond? He's not great but he's not that bad and he isn't as toxic as IDS.

Whilst in rather fond of Gove I think he'd be far better as communities minister doing Pickles old job- his comments on the death penalty would be difficult to explain to countries where we want to remove the death penalty and I think he's too euroscrptic to be FS though I approve of somebody from the HJS as FS.
Mine:

DPM: Corbyn
Chancellor: Corbyn
Home Secretary: Corbyn
Education sec: Corbyn
Justice Sec: Corbyn
Health sec: Corbyn
Business sec: Corbyn
W&P sec: Corbyn
Defence Sec: Corbyn
Foreign sec: Corbyn
Leader of HoL: Corbyn
Transport Sec: Corbyn
Culture sec: Corbyn
Chief Whip: Corbyn
Hey pretty similar!

Why sack Hanmond? He's not great but he's not that bad and he isn't as toxic as IDS.

Whilst in rather fond of Gove I think he'd be far better as communities minister doing Pickles old job- his comments on the death penalty would be difficult to explain to countries where we want to remove the death penalty and I think he's too euroscrptic to be FS though I approve of somebody from the HJS as FS.

Hammond compared gay marriage to incest and i just don't like him all that much.

Those comments were 20 years and at any rate, we can't really get them to change their law. I don't much care whether MP's are Euro-skeptic or not since i wouldn't hold a referendum.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending