The Student Room Group

Islamophobic crime up by 70% in London

The writing has been on the wall for a long time. This is only just the beginning of the civil unrest. First it will start off with Islamophobic attacks as the natives retaliate due to the current ongoings around the world, then it will lead to retaliation from Muslims who feel they are being persecuted by these groups and it will all end in riots and civil unrest on the streets of the United Kingdom. I do not agree with all of this and wish people could just live harmoniously but they can't. Its not going to end well.

Scroll to see replies

There is no such thing as Islamophobia...
Original post by The Dictator
There is no such thing as Islamophobia...

People used to say "There is no such thing as anti Semitism" The far right refer to Muslims as "rats" in the same way the Nazis called Jews "rats"
source
Which is what the organisation quoted in the article does:Let's have a look at this organisation, Tell MAMA:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/journalists/andrew-gilligan/10108098/Muslim-hate-monitor-to-lose-backing.htmlThe project, called Tell Mama, claimed that there had been a “sustained wave of attacks and intimidation” against British Muslims after the killing of Drummer Lee Rigby, with 193 “Islamophobic incidents” reported to it, rising to 212 by last weekend.Tell Mama and Mr Mughal did not mention, however, that 57 per cent of the 212 reports referred to activity that took place only online, mainly offensive postings on Twitter and Facebook, or that a further 16 per cent of the 212 reports had not been verified. Not all the online abuse even originated in Britain.Contrary to the group’s claim of a “cycle of violence” and a “sustained wave of attacks”, only 17 of the 212 incidents, 8 per cent, involved the physical targeting of people and there were no attacks on anyone serious enough to require medical treatment.
Original post by The_Internet
So? Disliking Islam doesn't mean you have to hate Muslims. Just because "Islam is not a race" it doesn't excuse you from hating Muslims... Not all jews are ethnically Jewish, yet it's STILL anti Semitic to hate Jews

When did I say I hate Muslims...? And who said that being "Islamophobic" means you hate Muslims? They might as well rename it "Muslimophobic".
Islam is not a race you fool.

That's irrelevant.
So? Disliking Islam doesn't mean you have to hate Muslims. Just because "Islam is not a race" it doesn't excuse you from hating Muslims... Not all jews are ethnically Jewish, yet it's STILL anti Semitic to hate Jews

Also - Islamophobia is not equal to hating muslims
necessarily
Islamophobia isn't a word and shouldn't be used for such things as violence against Muslims

People should be free to criticise barbaric and backwards ideologies such as Islam otherwise if everyone stays quite and is afraid of speaking out in case they're "islamophobic" we might end up in in a society where gays are thrown off roofs and women are slaves in the houses.
Original post by Docjones1
Also - Islamophobia is not equal to hating muslims
necessarily

Maybe so, but "anti Semitism" doesn't actually mean "hating jews" but it's COME to mean that.
Islam is not a race you fool.

How does the term Islamophobia (aversion to Islam etymologically) suppose any racial component?
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
Islamophobia isn't a word and shouldn't be used for such things as violence against Muslims

People should be free to criticise barbaric and backwards ideologies such as Islam otherwise if everyone stays quite and is afraid of speaking out in case they're "islamophobic" we might end up in in a society where gays are thrown off roofs and women are slaves in the houses.

That's not what Islamophobia is and it clearly is a word, if it's in the dictionary... You're OK with people doing to Muslims what they did to the Jews?

Disliking Islam does not = Islamophobia. Hating Muslims does.
Maybe so, but "anti Semitism" doesn't actually mean "hating jews" but it's COME to mean that.

Jews are Semites. The term is used correctly except that it's a bit to broad in its original meaning (Arabs are also Semites).
When did I say I hate Muslims...? And who said that being "Islamophobic" means you hate Muslims? They might as well rename it "Muslimophobic".

You can tell that from your posts and see my other comment re: anti Semitism.

Yes but it can also mean hating Judiasm, as can Islamophobia refer to dislike of Islam in proper sense and hatred of muslims in modern sense.
Jews are Semites. The term is used correctly except that it's a bit to broad in its original meaning (Arabs are also Semites).

Not all Jews are Semites
Language changes. Gay used to mean "to be happy" Today it means to be homosexual.
You can tell that from your posts and see my other comment re: anti Semitism.

I don't hate Muslims, in fact one of my heroes, the Shah of Iran, who is in my avatar, was a Muslim, as is a relative of mine...but I'm not particularly worried about your unworthy opinion. Being critical of Islam = racism according to people like you.
I don't hate Muslims, in fact one of my heroes, the Shah of Iran, who is in my avatar, was a Muslim, as is a relative of mine...but I'm not particularly worried about your unworthy opinion. Being critical of Islam = racism according to people like you.

Er.. no that doesn't equal racism in my books. Your posts on TSR in general come across as that...
Er.. no that doesn't equal racism in my books. Your posts on TSR in general come across as that...

I don't care how they come across, you choose to interpret them how you wish, because, as we all know, Muslims are very easily offended. Anywho I don't care about your feelings.
That's not what Islamophobia is and it clearly is a word, if it's in the dictionary... You're OK with people doing to Muslims what they did to the Jews?

Disliking Islam does not = Islamophobia. Hating Muslims does.

It is not a word, hence why it comes up in red when you type it.

You're wrong

No I'm not ok with people doing what they did to Jews to Muslims but I'm perfectly happy for extreme Muslims to be extradited, like Choudry. At the moment in this country Muslims aren't a problem because most Muslims have been Westernised hence why I have several Muslim friends :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending