The Student Room Group

BTEC Level 3 in applied science

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Remz00
I got offers for biomedical science but last min changed to nutrition biomed would be to hard for me i want to enjoy my uni life im glad i did it becaue i just checked my first year moudles and there awesome i cant wait to start we have a trip coming up to go kayaking and canoeing for one moudle 💓💕💃💃💃💃 going to the university of St Marys btw check it out 😻😺😺😺

I'm confused whether to apply for biomedical science or dietetics. I really want to apply for both but apperently it's not easy to do the personal statement to link them in.

What would ur career plan be if u did biomed?
Original post by iamspiderman
You can do a BTEC national level 3 in pharmaceutical science, Pharmacy or applied science. You would then need to do a foundation year on a pharmacy course at uni- then the pharmacy degree.

i want to do btec applied science and then do the degree is that ok?
Original post by haytisharm
i want to do btec applied science and then do the degree is that ok?

That's ok, but it depends on the individual university. As some universities accept Btec alongside one a level. However, if you just did the BTEC by itself then you would probably need to do a foundation year in science in university first, then you would get on to the 4 year pharmacy course.

Alternatively, you could do an access course which is 1 year long, this will then enable you to apply for a pharmacy degree.
Reply 43
Original post by Uz25
I'm confused whether to apply for biomedical science or dietetics. I really want to apply for both but apperently it's not easy to do the personal statement to link them in.

What would ur career plan be if u did biomed?

You could do medicine after
Original post by lol2.1
I'm just about to finish BTEC level with a D*, and move onto level 3. My question is are there any university courses? I have an interest in science, which is apparent from my reading material. So are there if any courses which take these.

EDIT: If anyone could find any a link would be appreciated :smile:.

radiography
pharmetical sciences

biomedical

and a lot more
Original post by Remz00
You could do medicine after

But u don't get a loan for that
Reply 46
Original post by Uz25
I'm in my first year of doing the Btec applied science medical pathway L3 course.. and i was wondering if anyone knows what careers i can go to and what degree course i could do at NTU?

how many assignments do you have in 6 units worth of work in
level 3 applied science ?
Original post by kaplu
how many assignments do you have in 6 units worth of work in
level 3 applied science ?

Ermm about 5/6/7it depends..
Reply 48
Original post by Uz25
Ermm about 5/6/7it depends..

really i got told we have 36 assignments :confused:
Original post by kaplu
really i got told we have 36 assignments :confused:

Ohh u mean all the units combined... probs 33
Reply 50
Original post by Uz25
Ohh u mean all the units combined... probs 33

yeah the first year of applied science the 4 mandatory and 2 optional units so that will be 33 then?
Original post by kaplu
yeah the first year of applied science the 4 mandatory and 2 optional units so that will be 33 then?

Duno cba to calculate
Reply 52
Original post by Uz25
Duno cba to calculate

thanks anyways
Guys you can join the chat

https://twitter.com/AlevelExaminer

Cheers students , advice given
Did you get offered to study a Chemistry degree? in which could lead to you possibly becoming a teacher
Reply 55
has anyone done assignment 4.2 for applied science?
Did you ever feel uncomfortable doing this course in the beginning, if I may ask? Also is the topics taught in great detail?
Did you ever felt uncomfortable about this course in the beginning, if I may ask?
Also are the topics/units taught in great detail?
Did you ever feel uncomfortable doing this course in the beginning, if I may ask? Also is the topics taught in great detail?
Original post by amirah_ox
Heeey,
According to what you said,I didn't get into Science. Can you tell me where else i could ring in and ask? Im 16 and I live in Bradford. Because of my year 10 results,I was turned down. I really want to re sit so could you tell me where or a college or university that would take me on?
Thanks

Heeeeeey idk if you'll still be on TSR as you did write this two years ago .... I'm 16 and will be studying applied science level 3 in a couple days .. if you don't mind me asking, did you study applied science after all ??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending