The Student Room Group

Rant about my life

The only reason I am writing this is because I have no one to go to and I need to get it off my chest.

Nothing in my life is working, I feel so unfortunate and worthless. I will list all the problems in subheadings in no particular order.

1- Family:

My family don't understand anything whatsoever. This afternoon I was feeling dizzy and I nearly vomited but I come downstairs to my parents who think I'm up to no good in my room. They tell me everything I have done wrong today after coming back from school - from the chair not back in the right place to never fulfilling my duties. It seems that whatever I do can't please them enough as I always make some stupid mistake.

Sister: from all the frustration from my parents scolding me , I unconsciously take it out on my sister then later feel guilty as it's not her fault but i make her suffer when she doesn't deserve to.

2- School(social life):

Well, everyday I go to school and nothing else. I don't have a life outside of school at all.I do go to a badminton club but I have no friends there. I have one friend in school but even she is drifting away as whenever I ask to go out, my parents always find a reason to not let me go. And out two days in a row is considered too much.

3- School
I perform above average in school but I'm certainly not a genius. However, my parents want me to be getting 100% in everything. When I get 96% and someone else gets 97% then they are like oh wow that is one whole percentage, it could cost you your life"
•When I find a test hard then my mum tells me that I should have revised more as no test can ever be difficult. However, I work very hard and I revise as much as I can but I'm sorry I'm not good enough still.

4-Love Life:

Ok I know this is going to sound incredibly desperate but it just gets me down when seeing people getting gf/bfs. When I have never had a male friend let alone a boy friend. I feel so lonely and depressed. I have tried to make a move sometimes but it gets me nowhere and people just ignore making matters even worse.

5-Insecurity:

I am insecure about everything about me lately, literally everything. I can't bare to make eye contact with people because I think they will judge me by my acne etcetc.
I try to cover up acne with makeup but it only makes it worse , flakey and dry.

6- Bullying:

This only happens once every few weeks now but it used to be really bad two years ago. Since then my self esteem has decreased vastly. I have only one class with the "bullies" every week and they take every opportunity to pick on me.

I have seemed my guidance counsellor and she has been of no help. (This was two years ago)

I cry myself everyday to sleep and feel sick in the morning but if I tell my parents this they will say I'm making excuses or I'm a drama queen.

Everything I do only causes trouble. My mum says I'm of no use and one time she was angry and she even said she wished I was never born.

Don't get me wrong, I always laugh all the time and never show this but I just felt like letting it out for once. Infact, my distant friends say I'm the funniest person ever and I'm always happy but it's not the case really.

I don't require sympathy , just help.

Thank you for reading this far, if you did.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Oh and also do you think I'm overreacting and I should just grow up?
Hey. How old are you?

If I am going to give you advice then I need more detailed information about you. So could you PM me or something?
Reply 3
Original post by william walker
Hey. How old are you?

If I am going to give you advice then I need more detailed information about you. So could you PM me or something?

You just read that she's not have a bf before plus the word desperate and think 'ooooo my chance'

Get out of here :s-smilie:
Original post by iAmanze
You just read that she's not have a bf before plus the word desperate and think 'ooooo my chance'

Get out of here :s-smilie:

No. I have helped other people with their problems. But you wouldn't know anything about that.

If I was trying get her, then I would have asked if was want an Anglican. I was just asking her age to see where as was in school.
Rather than post about your problems on tsr a place where not many people will give you proper advice as they aren't in a similar situation. Why don't you see a teacher counsellor whatever someone who has a good insight into such problems. Hope you get better
Original post by Anonymous
Rather than post about your problems on tsr a place where not many people will give you proper advice as they aren't in a similar situation. Why don't you see a teacher counsellor whatever someone who has a good insight into such problems. Hope you get better

Those people never help.
Reply 7
No. I have helped other people with their problems. But you wouldn't know anything about that.

If I was trying get her, then I would have asked if was want an Anglican. I was just asking her age to see where as was in school.

I just find you to be an odd human being based on seeing your posts on this site.

You've got problems yourself. Would someone go to a poor man to learn to be rich? No. Then why should someone wanting help come to you? :s-smilie:

P.S My inbox is constantly full with relationship and investment banking questions, referencing the underlined text.

Kind Regards.
Are you asian by any chance?
- if your parents think going out twice in a row is a problem, maybe ask your friends to spend the day at your house? I notice parents feel at more ease with their kids going out, if they know who their kids are spending the day with.

-Join more social groups and see it as a fresh start! :smile: then from here you can make new friends.

- As for your sister, maybe spend time with her more. I don't know if you guys are close, but she seems pretty sane which is a start!

- as for the bullies, I guess nothing can really change until you learn to love yourself. Once you love yourself, those bullies and their words won't mean anything. How do you learn to love yourself? I'd say perhaps spending more time doing things that you enjoy that will please you. Maybe even doing something different (learn to love the new you) this could be trying a new hairstyle, or jogging more often, or learning to cook new stuff.

Need anymore advice? I'm a PM away, good luck :o:p

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dw man it all gets better trust me, I was kind of like you lol. Try talking to people a little bit more to try and make friends. If you're insecure of what people are going to say, honestly hang around with the more nerdy girls, they won't judge you. Trust me those nerdy boys will be all over you. In terms of your parents, they're always gunna be like that, but what you have to do is fight back. Honestly put thos ***** in their place, if you wanna go out just go. Worry about it later.
good luck anyways
Original post by iAmanze
I just find you to be an odd human being based on seeing your posts on this site.

You've got problems yourself. Would someone go to a poor man to learn to be rich? No. Then why should someone wanting help come to you? :s-smilie:

P.S My inbox is constantly full with relationship and investment banking questions, referencing the underlined text.

Kind Regards.

Surely you would go to a poor man to learn how not to be poor?

Well at least people know who I am, I have no idea who you are.

Good for your inbox that I don't care.
feel free to PM me if you need a friend :smile: I know you don't need sympathy but I am sorry you're going through this

2- School(social life):

Well, everyday I go to school and nothing else. I don't have a life outside of school at all.I do go to a badminton club but I have no friends there. I have one friend in school but even she is drifting away as whenever I ask to go out, my parents always find a reason to not let me go. And out two days in a row is considered too much.

4-Love Life:

Ok I know this is going to sound incredibly desperate but it just gets me down when seeing people getting gf/bfs. When I have never had a male friend let alone a boy friend. I feel so lonely and depressed. I have tried to make a move sometimes but it gets me nowhere and people just ignore making matters even worse.

6- Bullying:

This only happens once every few weeks now but it used to be really bad two years ago. Since then my self esteem has decreased vastly. I have only one class with the "bullies" every week and they take every opportunity to pick on me.

Even though I can't offer help because I'm going through the same problems and have been for over the last decade, I can at least relate and show you that you're not alone in this crap. I've only ever at most had 2 good friends and we all kind of drift apart and now I spent most of my time. There has never been a single romantic relationship in my life, I'm almost 18 and I don't think I've even held hands with a girl before. The last one hits especially hard as I moved from Poland when I 7 and I was the first polish person in the school in the village and I was treated like an animal in a zoo, they would point, laugh, make me say things because I had a funny accent, it was horrible and then the weight bullying came on and it got even worse. Eventually, I looked myself inside a shell, but I've never recovered I hate being on my own because my thoughts are the scariest thing I've ever had the displeasure to see and feel, the amount of times my thoughts move to how I would have rather died than survived (I've had three near death experiences) and it keeps haunting me.. I know I can't offer help, but some support at least that you're definitely not alone.
Oh and also do you think I'm overreacting and I should just grow up?

Not in the slightest.

I'm so sorry you have to go through that :frown:.
Hey. How old are you?

I'm 16.
Original post by Law-Hopeful
Not in the slightest.

I'm so sorry you have to go through that :frown:.

okay thanks, it's sad when you can say you are used to it. I try to get on with life like normal but some days like today I can't.
okay thanks, it's sad when you can say you are used to it. I try to get on with life like normal but some days like today I can't.

Just remember, things will get better.

I assume in a few years that you will be off to university (if all goes well etc)? :h:
Original post by Danz0r123
Even though I can't offer help because I'm going through the same problems and have been for over the last decade, I can at least relate and show you that you're not alone in this crap. I've only ever at most had 2 good friends and we all kind of drift apart and now I spent most of my time. There has never been a single romantic relationship in my life, I'm almost 18 and I don't think I've even held hands with a girl before. The last one hits especially hard as I moved from Poland when I 7 and I was the first polish person in the school in the village and I was treated like an animal in a zoo, they would point, laugh, make me say things because I had a funny accent, it was horrible and then the weight bullying came on and it got even worse. Eventually, I looked myself inside a shell, but I've never recovered I hate being on my own because my thoughts are the scariest thing I've ever had the displeasure to see and feel, the amount of times my thoughts move to how I would have rather died than survived (I've had three near death experiences) and it keeps haunting me.. I know I can't offer help, but some support at least that you're definitely not alone.

Wow, that really does help, it's nice to know I'm not so alone as I thought. I hope it gets better for both of us.
Asian or religious?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending